Author Topic: Dogs/Cats and Skills  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Dogs/Cats and Skills
« on: October 20, 2012, 05:23:11 AM »
I haven't had many dogs in my games.  Can dogs learn any other skills besides hunting?  I know they can learn tricks, but I don't think it will count as a skill in a challenge.  Is there anything else I can get my dog to do?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

thesweetestpea

Re: Dogs/Cats and Skills
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 05:34:26 AM »
Dogs and cats can only learn hunting. Cats' prey brings in a larger income without worrying about smelting and gem cutting, but dogs can bring back pink diamond, soulpeace and tiberium. So, if the choice of a pet is purely monetary, a dog is the better option.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 04:55:10 AM »
I agree, only hunting counts as a skill.

Having said that, the dog hunting thing is stupidly lucrative.

I think the difference is that Cats can learn hunting from the toy in the toy crate but dogs have to be taught by a sim. I haven't tested it, but my partner had a kitten 'watch' a rodent/bird and when the kitten aged up, they had a high hunting skill.

My dog will hopefully have puppies soon so I'll do some testing and let you know.

A

Louise56

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 05:20:44 AM »
I agree, only hunting counts as a skill.

Having said that, the dog hunting thing is stupidly lucrative.

I think the difference is that Cats can learn hunting from the toy in the toy crate but dogs have to be taught by a sim. I haven't tested it, but my partner had a kitten 'watch' a rodent/bird and when the kitten aged up, they had a high hunting skill.

My dog will hopefully have puppies soon so I'll do some testing and let you know.

A

I didn't know kittens can learn the hunting skill like that. That you for testing it on puppies.

anything