Author Topic: The Mole Season Two: Retirement (Move to Graveyard)  (Read 79995 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Mole Season Two: His Answer
« Reply #345 on: November 21, 2012, 06:05:31 AM »
This is AWESOME!!! Can't wait to read more....

*waves pompoms* Team Leander all the way
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #346 on: November 24, 2012, 07:37:03 AM »
Oh, this is brilliant!  Absolutely, marvellously, totally brilliant!

A in a kilt and batman t-shirt are a sight never to be forgotten.   ;D

Your Scotland pictures are beautifully atmospheric.

And the campfire pictures, too, too perfect.  I want to leap to my feet and start singing "Flower of Scotland!"

Much as I love this update, I have to say now I'm really worried.  If Leander does as poorly as Ssttarr did in the Mole Season I, everyone's going to be booing and cheering!  Ah well, poor Leander - it wasn't his fault the only overseer willing to take him on was yours truly.   ::)

Thank you for the kind words, Schipperke! I was a bit worried about this update, since that was your character I was monkeying around with, not to mention your country. I'm glad about the screenshots, too. They look like the pictures I took the last time I was there, so that worked very well.  ;D

To everyone else, I'm screenshoting the next update, the one where everyone else starts to show up!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #347 on: November 24, 2012, 08:47:55 AM »
Thank you for the kind words, Schipperke! I was a bit worried about this update, since that was your character I was monkeying around with, not to mention your country. I'm glad about the screenshots, too. They look like the pictures I took the last time I was there, so that worked very well.  ;D

I've been wondering where those screenshots were taken?  They really are quite perfect.

Scotland isn't my home - it's the land my ancestors came from.  But like a lot of Canadians of Scots ancestry, I am proud of my heritage.  And I thought you portrayed Leander and Angus very nicely.  The  only minor quibble I would have is that if Angus ever puts in a re-appearance, maybe he could be wearing his own Douglas tartan.  Gheez has created several wonderful patterns based on different versions of the Douglas tartan, along with a few other tartans, here:  Tartans by Gheez   :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #348 on: November 24, 2012, 09:05:36 AM »
I've been wondering where those screenshots were taken?  They really are quite perfect.

Scotland isn't my home - it's the land my ancestors came from.  But like a lot of Canadians of Scots ancestry, I am proud of my heritage.  And I thought you portrayed Leander and Angus very nicely.  The  only minor quibble I would have is that if Angus ever puts in a re-appearance, maybe he could be wearing his own Douglas tartan.  Gheez has created several wonderful patterns based on different versions of the Douglas tartan, along with a few other tartans, here:  Tartans by Gheez   :)

The screenshots were taken in Bridgeport, at the lot in the hills right next to the waterfall. (I unfortunately cannot remember the name of the lot  :-\)

Hmm. I thought Angus was wearing Douglas tartan. I must've used a different tartan by mistake. (I did download a lot of them. :P) If Angus shows up again, I'll be sure to correct that. Thanks for pointing it out!  :D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #349 on: November 24, 2012, 10:19:04 AM »
The screenshots were taken in Bridgeport, at the lot in the hills right next to the waterfall. (I unfortunately cannot remember the name of the lot  :-\)

Hmm. I thought Angus was wearing Douglas tartan. I must've used a different tartan by mistake. (I did download a lot of them. :P) If Angus shows up again, I'll be sure to correct that. Thanks for pointing it out!  :D

Sorry, I think that was my mistake.  Most of the pictures are rather dark (as they should be) and I think I mistook Angus for Leander in one of the rear views.  If Angus is wearing either the grey or green Douglas tartans, he's good and I'm the one in the wrong.  :)

I'm disappointed to hear the pictures were taken in Bridgeport.  That's why I didn't recognize them!  I just may have to think about reinstalling Late Night, if it has scenery like that.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #350 on: November 24, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
Sorry, I think that was my mistake.  Most of the pictures are rather dark (as they should be) and I think I mistook Angus for Leander in one of the rear views.  If Angus is wearing either the grey or green Douglas tartans, he's good and I'm the one in the wrong.  :)

I'm disappointed to hear the pictures were taken in Bridgeport.  That's why I didn't recognize them!  I just may have to think about reinstalling Late Night, if it has scenery like that.

Angus was wearing this tartan, which is green, so I guess it's the correct tartan.

While most of Bridgeport is city-like (and therefore not the most attractive) the outskirts of the city are truly beautiful. I'll PM you some screenshots from a couple other locations after I get this update posted.  :D

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: The Mole Season Two: Flight
« Reply #351 on: November 24, 2012, 12:11:07 PM »
Flight

(-As most of you know, I asked the contestants to PM me their interviews about their thoughts on being in The Mole. I have used excerpts of those interviews in this update. Anything that comes from the interviews directly has been italicized.)

A: Hmm. Yummy!
Her: Pst! You're on camera!
A: What? Oh!

A: Last year, we showed you the exploits and toils of eight contestants, facing impossible challenges to compete for the pot and discover the identity of The Mole. Now, ten new contestants must do the same if they hope to survive. But this isn't your grandpa's Mole anymore, no sir! I'm not the only voice you'll be hearing from anymore! Now, our contestants will tell you about themselves, not me!

A: Unfortunately, they're all still on the plane flying here. Not to worry, we have cameras everywhere! Let's just switch to them, and you'll be introduced to our contestants!

Dennis: So. You're Evil, too?
Patti: Of course I'm Evil! I am the scourge of the Sim worlds, all of them! Not even William can top my Evilness! I banish Sims to worlds far away, like that cute couple over there!
Dennis: Yeah. I just steal some candy like my fathers-in-law.

Maxi: I hate you, Starla.
Starla: I hate you too, Maxi.
Maxi: I hate It more, though.
Starla: Agreed. Want to pretend to like each other to make It mad?
Maxi: You bet. *fake smile*
Starla: I still hate you, though.

Patti: I can't believe those two got stuck next to each other! Ha! Thanks to my brilliant curse, those two lovebirds hate each other! I used my final wish from my Mother's lamp to ensure that two of them will always hate each other, unless one of them wins. Nothing can undo the wish aside from that condition, so this WILL be fun. Why do you look so shocked? I'm not here to make friends, quite the contrary. I'm here to make enemies, because I love having enemies. Am I worried about losing? Of course not! So far my biggest opponent is Fairy Boy, who thinks he can just come in and mock me. And if that's my biggest threat, of course I'm going to win!

Maxi: I can't believe that It said that! Wait, forget I said that. Of course It would! I'm sure she's told you all about her special little curse, but let me tell you the real story.
Maxi: Well you see, another contestant, Starla Ashton, and I have been rather getting along until It decided to wish upon its mother’s lamp and now we hate each other. I was rushed off to Appaloosa Plains to find myself a genie lamp. My first wish was beauty. Even if I already had it. My second wish was happiness. And my third was love. And I chose Starla to be the one I loved. But there are terms and conditions. If neither of us wins the Mole we will hate each other again unless we think of another idea.
Maxi: And you know what the worse part was? The genie disappeared on me leaving a note.

‘P.S. I am a love genie. Only love wishes work on me!’

I hate genies.

Starla: Hello all! I'm Starla, yes THE Starla. Somethings you should know about me is that I've been a model since I was a baby. As a toddler, I modeled all the cute clothes that toddlers wear now, same as when I was a child. And now, I'm a successful model. I just want to say I am so excited to be here on the Mole with all these other amazing people (except for Patty. She's who we call It) And no, Maxi and I are not in love with each other. Ask Dennis about it! He'll vouch for me.

Dennis: Hmm? I just want to eat my cake. You do know how I died, right? No? I guess I should say a few things about myself then.
Dennis: Where to begin?  Well I would say I'm probably one of the more transparent people participating this year.  I'm a simple guy.  A simple guy with a little magical powers and who might just have needed a sandwich and forgot to get one. I'm just glad to be here.  Glad to get the chance to do something like this.

Charlotte: My name is Charlie, or Charlotte Julin for those who prefer full names. I seem to have found myself as a contestant on The Mole, Sim Edition: Season Two. I'm not sure how and I'm not sure why. Mysterious things happen around here, mind. So I trust that whoever got me here knows what they're doing. Yes, there has been a lot of banter going on. I'm surprised the whole town hasn't heard it, you know. Me, I'm a relaxed Sim. I'm quite happy tending my garden and taking care of the wild horses, and I see no need to banter. This might be a competition, but there's still room to get along. Especially with my fairy friend, Roy. You might want to tell him to stay awake on the flights, though.

Roy: What should the viewers know about me? Well, although I might not look it at first sight, I'm a competitor to be taken seriously. Although some faeries are weaker willed, I'm made of stronger stuff - titanium to be exact. And I was not asleep! I'm King of the Fae, I don't need to sleep! Who told you that?

Travis: *whimper*
Leander: What's ya problem, laddie? It's just a plane, is all. Nothin' to be afraid of.
Travis: I'm not afraid! At least I have an actual house, unlike you!
Leander: Don't go there, laddie! My estate is beautiful, the most glorious thing in all of Simland! Don't you dare insult it!

Leander:I come from an ancient and impoverished clan in the remote highlands of Simland. I shouldn't have to deal with this lad's taunts! I don't really mind what the other contestants do as long as they don't get in my way. But he's insulted my estate and my dear old mother! And his singing! Don't even get me started on his singing!

Travis: Now let's see....What do I think about the other contestants?
Travis *singing*: Starla is a brat! Fairy boy is a rat! Maxi stole my hairstyle! Charlotte only speaks once in a while, Patti is horrifying. But in the end they'll all be crying........Who will win? MEEE!! Who will win? MEEE!! ME! I SAID ME! ME! ME! ME! MEEEE!!!!

Leander: Ya see? Ugh!

Ella: Do you hear that genie laughing back there? Pretty scary.
Marielle: I know, right? I like most genies, but she's creepy.

Marielle: Hi, I'm Marielle! Marielle Neige. I've been trying to become friends with everyone here, but it's difficult because they don't seem to like each other very much, and they want me to take sides. I don't want to take sides! I just want to be friends with everyone. Are you going to tell them this part? I really like Dennis because he's a ghost and a witch, and although it's hard to tell, he looks pretty strong. And he talks so nicely! I like everyone though, but he's my favourite.

Ella: Hello, my name is Elle DeForce.  I'm 20 years old and from Moonlight Falls, and I'm also a witch. When I heard that The Mole was casting, I just knew that this was my chance have the adventure I've always longed for. I have to admit that some of my fellow contestants are rather...disconcerting, particularly that angry genie.  I've never witnessed so many insults and threats hurled back and forth before! I do like that girl Marielle though, and I'm wondering if she could possibly be my ally in this competition.

A: Wow! Those are some... interesting contestants we have here! I'm going to take a nap before they get here. I'll need it! Before I leave, I do want to say something. Some of you may know all of the toil that's gone on behind the scenes, but we're here. Thanks to the help of several people, we can be here today. I've said this many times, but I've never been happier to say it than I am now.

A: WHO, is the Mole?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #352 on: November 24, 2012, 12:22:59 PM »
'Take a nap, A. You will most definitely need it.'
Wow, that is a handful bunch of Sims[Not sure if they'd actually fit in someone's hand, yet.].

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #353 on: November 24, 2012, 12:24:33 PM »
Nice update! You perfectly did Travis's character!

"He thinks my singing is bad? Well, he needs to open those poor ears of his, and listen to the angel (me) sing. Starla and Maxi are ugly enough. But them together? Ew."

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #354 on: November 24, 2012, 12:27:03 PM »
'Your singing was like a dead cat screeching, Travis. At least I was pretty, It looked a tab bit purple.'
Audren,  you definitely captured Starla's personality.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #355 on: November 24, 2012, 12:31:18 PM »
"Argh.  I do so hate going in and out of the coffin.  Always makes me lose my muscles. Obviously I need more candy and more cake.  Mmm caaake. Although I have noticed a few of you fine ladies are as sweet as candy.  Maybe one of you could give me some sugar and help me return to my dreamy creamy self."

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #356 on: November 24, 2012, 12:33:16 PM »
'Sorry to say that I left all the sugar cubes at home. And cake has quite a few extra calories. But if you do find any sugar, maybe you could give some to It, she seems rather tart, and purple.'  ;D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #357 on: November 24, 2012, 12:37:40 PM »
What a great update!  I love the airplane, and it's fun reading about the contestants in their own words.  Now, who is the Mole?

Leander:  "I just hope none of those lovely ladies is the Mole.  Let it be that annoying fellow who's always going on about my mother!  Not one of the lassies, please."

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #358 on: November 24, 2012, 12:40:16 PM »
'Maybe it's It, but Travis could easily be the Mole. He is quite annoying.'

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #359 on: November 24, 2012, 12:41:23 PM »
" Honestly, whoever the Mole is has made the wrong enemy. It's rather sad that they think they won't be found out."
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler