Author Topic: Food opportunity problems...  (Read 18506 times)

FireWoman7

Food opportunity problems...
« on: June 19, 2010, 03:04:08 AM »
Hi everyone,

I had two issues where a food opportunity arose, my Sim had to make such and such food item and deliver it to somewhere...so I made the food item...clicked map and tried to deliver the food, and it said, "you don't have the right items (or enough items) in your inventory".

I can't for the life of me figure out what this means...Do I have to buy something to transport the food?  If so, what is it? I cant' seem to find anything that will tell me what to do to resolve that problem...

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Food opportunity problems...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 04:03:51 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, FireWoman!

You just need to put the cooked food into your Sim's personal inventory to deliver it.  I was stumped with that one at first, too!  Also, for large items that come up in opportunities, they have to go into your family inventory to be delivered.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Amanda23a

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 05:00:23 AM »
I had kind of the same problem but it had to do with paintings...I got a few opportunities to take a $1 or more painting to China....So my sim painted something I put it in the personal inventory and when I went to take it to China the little queue thing said that I didn't have the right items with me to deliver! SO I painted another painting went to China again and the same thing happened! Should I had put it in my family inventory?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 05:04:01 AM »
This is a real puzzlement because when you are in a foreign land you cannot access the family inventory at all.  Or at least I haven't found a way to do it.  Why not try multiple paintings of different values and see what happens then?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 05:29:38 AM »
I think the painting thing is a bug.  It's been discussed a couple of times and I don't recall that anyone has been able to do it.  Maybe the same with books your Sim has written.

But we need to stay on topic here, please.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 08:17:46 AM »
Hi everyone,

I had two issues where a food opportunity arose, my Sim had to make such and such food item and deliver it to somewhere...so I made the food item...clicked map and tried to deliver the food, and it said, "you don't have the right items (or enough items) in your inventory".

I can't for the life of me figure out what this means...Do I have to buy something to transport the food?  If so, what is it? I cant' seem to find anything that will tell me what to do to resolve that problem...

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Did the opportunity call for individual servings, or family servings?  By that, I mean did it ask for enough to serve one, or serve eight?  I believe the cooking opportunities usually ask for the "Serve" type meals, but don't hold me to that.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 08:22:48 AM »
I believe the cooking opportunities usually ask for the "Serve" type meals, but don't hold me to that.

You're right. The terminology used in-game for the opportunities is "Bring a Group serving of X..."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 11:17:42 AM »
You're right Metro, but sometimes the opportunity doesn't really make clear whether or not it's a group or single serving.  When the opportunity came up to make "a serving" of crepes, I made a single serving of crepes and it said I didn't have the right items in inventory.  I then made a group serving and it registered and I delivered them.  Sometimes you just have to experiment. ;D

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 12:31:05 PM »
You're right Metro, but sometimes the opportunity doesn't really make clear whether or not it's a group or single serving.  When the opportunity came up to make "a serving" of crepes, I made a single serving of crepes and it said I didn't have the right items in inventory.  I then made a group serving and it registered and I delivered them.  Sometimes you just have to experiment. ;D

I've never paid too much attention to the language used in food opportunities, but the context of the opportunity would probably provide a hint for you. In other words, if Christopher Steel wants a serving of hot dogs and you're supposed to deliver them to his house, chances are maybe a single serving would be correct. However, if Mortimer Goth needs a Great serving of whatever delivered to Corporate Towers, then it's probably a group serving.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 01:21:19 PM »
I had kind of the same problem but it had to do with paintings...I got a few opportunities to take a $1 or more painting to China....So my sim painted something I put it in the personal inventory and when I went to take it to China the little queue thing said that I didn't have the right items with me to deliver! SO I painted another painting went to China again and the same thing happened! Should I had put it in my family inventory?

I got bitten by this opportunity too.  The catch is that they want a painting worth at least $750.  When you're at home, the opportunity for some reason says $1, but if you look again when you get to China or wherever, it will say $750.  My sims had a few wasted trips before I finally figured this one out.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests