Author Topic: Display cases, which ones are best?  (Read 4454 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Display cases, which ones are best?
« on: June 18, 2010, 08:46:58 PM »
I've been reading up on Transfiguration and cases are mentioned but only as in, "the case" with no specifics I could find.  Which displays are best for each item, metals, gems, etc.?  Insects come with their own.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: Display cases, which ones are best?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »
"The Case" refers to the Carter's XL Display Case.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 10:57:11 PM »
There is a big display case that holds 10 items and a display case that holds 8 items.  Both of the you can activate, but as to whether which one is the best for what gem, metal, etc, I am not sure.  I have used them both and find they work about the same.  I use the big one most of the time, I finally got a large gem, which I had never gotten before.  I am sure someone can go into more detail and has had more exerience in testing these things out than I have.  Personally, I believe you can put the same combination on them both.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 12:23:57 AM »
I think it's the opposite, Salty.  The XL case holds 8 items and the regular case holds 10.  It's smaller in size, but has more slots than the XL case.

The majority of the testing has been done using the 8 slot Carter's XL Display Case.  It's a little easier to discover forumulas for various items using fewer slots.  It just makes the math easier to handle.  They both work basically the same, as far as I know.  It can come down to an issue of space if your house is small.  I tend to use the XL case for transfiguration and the regular size case for just displaying my things.

Hope this is helpful!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 05:14:24 AM »
You would think the extra large case would hold more, not less.  Weird.  Maybe it's for larger items so therefor bigger size/fewer slots?  I've put in a huge basement so I've plenty of room.  I'm pretty uptight when it comes to storage and keeping things orderly, to the point I've bought extra chests so I can have a chest for each gem type, diamonds, emeralds, etc., until I'm ready to try transfiguring them.  However, I still don't have enough to do them all and not much cash left either!  On to plan B. lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 05:41:42 AM »
You would think the extra large case would hold more, not less.  Weird.  Maybe it's for larger items so therefor bigger size/fewer slots? 

Yes, that's exactly right.  The smaller case will only hold small items.

Have you looked at Carl's guide on transfigurification?  It might help you when you're ready to start playing with that display case.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 08:43:46 AM »
There is a big display case that holds 10 items and a display case that holds 8 items.  Both of the you can activate, but as to whether which one is the best for what gem, metal, etc, I am not sure.  I have used them both and find they work about the same.  I use the big one most of the time, I finally got a large gem, which I had never gotten before.  I am sure someone can go into more detail and has had more exerience in testing these things out than I have.  Personally, I believe you can put the same combination on them both.

So there's 2 display case that can be used for transfiguration? Or is that not what you meant?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 10:16:53 AM »
Your right Pam, sorry.  I should have known that, it was late, I was confused. lol.   Yes, I did not know for a long time that there was a smaller display case that you could activate.  I had 10 canopic jars on there one time and clicked on it and it said activate,  I was very suprised..
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 11:21:39 AM »
So there's 2 display case that can be used for transfiguration? Or is that not what you meant?

Yes, there are 2 display cases you can use.  Both are called Carter's and one is the XL model.  They look alike except for their size.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything