Author Topic: Moodlet Manager  (Read 5703 times)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Moodlet Manager
« on: October 14, 2012, 03:20:34 PM »
Seriously, how does it work?

I once used cheats to up a sim's LTHP up enough to get one, but I never understood how it works. What do the two interactions do and how is it helpful?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Moodlet Manager
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 03:25:44 PM »
The "cure" interaction will remove all negative moodlets. I'm pretty cure that "zap" does the opposite, but I've been too nice to use it.

Occasionally curing won't work, so you'll have to do it again. It shouldn't take more than three tries. Also, uncontrolled sims that you cure will thank you for being so nice. It's pretty endearing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 04:27:45 PM »
The "cure" interaction will remove all negative moodlets. I'm pretty cure that "zap" does the opposite, but I've been too nice to use it.

Occasionally curing won't work, so you'll have to do it again. It shouldn't take more than three tries. Also, uncontrolled sims that you cure will thank you for being so nice. It's pretty endearing.

So that's what it's for! I've used it, and all i've had so far is sims that were unhappy with mine/my sim lost all of his energy bar. Probably because I never used the cure interaction, or I didn't notice the dfference. Thanks Trip!  ;D

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 08:40:35 AM »
If any of your sims bars get low, simply click on self and the option to cure will be displayed, select cure.  As has been said already, it may fail and you will need to do it again. 

This, for me, is the most valuable reward object.  Once you have it the sim need never, sleep, eat, bath etc. again if you don't want to.  However, all these activities have their own benefits, so I would not suggest using it exclusively to maintain your sim.   It's great though if used correctly.  Some suggestions:  Restore your sim's sleep bar, then send them to bed.  They will sleep for just a few seconds and get up with the fully rested moodlet.  If you do this (using a tent of course) in a tomb when they have the wish to sleep in a tomb, you get the additional benefit of HP for no effort.  Have the sim write or work from home 'til stressed then use the cure and their happiness will be fully restored.  Remove all negative moodlets immediately they appear; you can exercise for hours this way for example.

It's an hour before work and your sim is tired, but, not exhausted.  This is the one time you might consider zap.  With luck you will reduce the energy bar to zero on first attempt and can then use cure to fully restore it.  Make sure you do this in plenty of time though, or you could have them rushing off to work in dire condition.

It also cures the Mummy's Curse immediately.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 12:53:39 PM »
I've been playing TS4 since September 2015, but I just started playing TS3, and from reading this post, I can tell that I don't really want to use zap much --- if ever.