Author Topic: How many books in Sunset Valley  (Read 4595 times)

Offline jdratlif

• Llama Wrangler
How many books in Sunset Valley
« on: June 18, 2010, 02:15:20 PM »
My bookworm wants to read 50 books. I think I've read everything in Sunset Valley and I'm at 44. I've read everything in the library including two books my son wrote. I read a couple books in Egypt I think (I didn't tell him to, so I'm not sure if he finished them).

Do I have to do some traveling? Is there a list of what books my Sim has read somewhere?

Offline Branr

• Occult
Re: How many books in Sunset Valley
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 02:20:10 PM »
Try writing some books, then reading them.  That counts.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Archer0

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 03:13:37 PM »
When you have the bookworm trait, isn't there an option to buy books from a computer?  I don't know what books come up though, as I have never investigated that.  One trick I use is to join the book club through the computer.  You get 1 book per week and you can read it then sell it.  Sometimes they are very good money.  Again though, I do not recall if they are different from books at the library or ones you can purchase at the bookstore.

Offline jdratlif

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 03:20:38 PM »
I just received a book from the book club that isn't in the library. Maybe it's from another land.

I'm making my other house sims write some books so he can read them, too.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 07:10:27 PM »
If you have a toddler in the family, I believe reading children's books to the toddler counts as reading a book for the adult Sim.  There are at least 12 toddler books available in Sunset Valley.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 04:25:10 AM »
How exactly do you read to a toddler? Do you click the toddler, or the bookcase? Or a book in your inventory? Do you have to have the toddler on the floor or in your arms, like when clicking the potty? I haven't been able to work it out.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 04:30:53 AM »
If you have toddler books in the bookcase, you click the bookcase and you'll get a "Read With" option.  Then you choose the toddler you want to read with.  If the book is on the floor or on a table, you click the book and get the same option.  After you select the toddler, your Sim will sit on the floor and read.  It's really very cute.  :)

You can also do it at the library the same way and it goes really fast.  You can read all 9 toddler skill books in just 1 or 2 Sim hours, if that much.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 11:04:53 AM »
You can also check the consignment shop for books.  I have seen titles there that aren't in the bookstore or library...plus they are at a discount.  When my sim needs a skill book, I always check the consignment shop first. ;D

Offline jdratlif

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 03:20:25 AM »
He had a spontaneous desire to learn fishing, and then I found out he can also read fishing books for credit.

Thanks for the great suggestions. I hope there's no wish to read 100 books. :)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 07:28:34 AM »
If you have toddler books in the bookcase, you click the bookcase and you'll get a "Read With" option.  Then you choose the toddler you want to read with.  If the book is on the floor or on a table, you click the book and get the same option.  After you select the toddler, your Sim will sit on the floor and read.  It's really very cute.  :)

You can also do it at the library the same way and it goes really fast.  You can read all 9 toddler skill books in just 1 or 2 Sim hours, if that much.

When you say toddler skill books, do you mean toddlers can get skills from the books? And is there a way to tell if they're toddler books other than a kiddyish title?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 09:39:39 AM »
If toddlers read the books or the books are read to them, when the child later takes up the skill in question (painting and writing are the ones I'm aware of), they get a boost to the skill - they'll usually start at level 3.  The toddler books are all in the same bookcase at the SV library. 

Also, on the subject of wanting to read a large number of books, I found out that recipes count.  So if your sim has the cooking skill, there's another option.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 12:33:10 AM »
When you say toddler skill books, do you mean toddlers can get skills from the books? And is there a way to tell if they're toddler books other than a kiddyish title?

I updated a page on the Guide to include information about toddler books.  I think you'll find the answers you need there.  Click here.

Also, all of the toddler books will be in the same bookcase in the library (in the kid's section).  If you purchase them from the bookstore, they have their own section marked with a pacifier called Child Development.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 07:03:40 AM »
Ok I'll check out that link. Thanks :)