Author Topic: Do You Keep a Utility Sim? ("mule")  (Read 19554 times)

Leto85

Re: Do You Keep a Utility Sim? ("mule")
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 08:33:14 AM »
Normally all my sims have a particular function, and mostly having a housewive is out of the question because all my sinks, showers and stuff a upgraded to automatic cleaning.
But for the LTW Create 3 Monsters guide I've had in the beginning one sim who is going to fullfill the lifetime wish and a second sim was made for taking care of sim 1 and the household. He has traits like Neat, born cook, handyness etc. It was practical because that sim actually likes to do the house cleaning and in the end he had a lot of lifetime happyness points for jobs that would actually make me crazy in real life.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 11:38:58 AM »
It was practical because that sim actually likes to do the house cleaning and in the end he had a lot of lifetime happyness points for jobs that would actually make me crazy in real life.

Lol, like making beds.  What's the point since they're only going to get all messed up in a few hours anyway?  (yes, ours ARE made daily but it still seems pointless)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 12:14:07 PM »
I have had a utility sim a couple of times.  It works out great, they are always cleaning something or cooking something. lol
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

bshag

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 12:21:16 PM »
Nope never used a "utility sim."  Everyone in my households pulls their own weight.  If they break it, they fix it, unless it's a sim who hasn't boned up on their handy skilling and they need to fix the computer. :P

I never use maids or handymen...everyone is responsible for their own messes, unless it's a sim who has a home job...they are the ones designated to pick up laundry, recycle newspapers, do dishes, etc.  My families usually have no more than 1-2 children so this is not a stretch playing them. ;D 

Leto85

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »
Lol, like making beds.  What's the point since they're only going to get all messed up in a few hours anyway?  (yes, ours ARE made daily but it still seems pointless)

I really wish I could answer that. It even doens't provide your sim with a dirty environment mootlet when you not make the bed. So I have no clue.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2010, 03:32:03 PM »
Nope never used a "utility sim."  Everyone in my households pulls their own weight.  If they break it, they fix it

I'm with bshag on this.  I once had a Slob in the household and every time she had a shower, she left a puddle.  I took great delight in making her clean up after herself.  The only time I don't make sims clean up their own messes is if there's a Neat or Neurotic sim in the household who can gain happiness points by cleaning.  Somehow the idea of having a "main sim" and a "utility sim" bothers me a bit.  Perhaps it's because I'm old enough to remember when that "utility" role was automatically assigned to women, regardless of their own interests or aspirations.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 03:59:51 PM »
Perhaps it's because I'm old enough to remember when that "utility" role was automatically assigned to women, regardless of their own interests or aspirations.

I'm with you on this. I tried to have a male utility sim, but the female sim is ultimately the one who'll have to have the babies. As a stay-at-home mom myself, it's a mental stretch for me to have the mom sim go to work, but I figure all minds need continuous stretching.

I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 01:27:57 AM »
In my last Guide article for the Fashion Phenomenon LTW, the husband stayed at home and took are of the house, garden, cooking, etc. while his wife pursued her career in Fashion.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

keenveneracion

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 06:50:59 AM »
Yes, I keep a mule, too. When I made a sculptor, I made his wife a mule... but more than that! I made her his very own saleswoman! Used born saleswoman trait and bought the Suave Seller LTR and it practically doubled the sculptor's earnings! So the sculptor just stayed at home, making as many sculptures as he can, and poof! We got $50,000 in three weeks! Yeah!

P.S. He got to the level 10 sculptor profession in 3 weeks and two days.

Offline Zylphe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 10:38:36 AM »
No, I don't usually use a utility Sim.

Generally, I do play more than one Sim.  I like to spread skills out, so that if one Sim has learned the Cooking skill, the other Sim has learned the Handy skill.  If one Sim is going to be painting quite a bit, then the other Sim either writes or gets a job.  If the toilet is dirty, I usually make a Sim who is going to take a shower scrub the toilet.

bshag

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 11:54:32 AM »
@ Leto, I make the sims make their beds cause it looks better, same as in real life.  It definitely gives me a better moodlet. :D

Leto85

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 12:57:26 PM »
Where does 'mule' actually stands for? I thought the name would be housewive or houseman, if that does excist to. First I thought that it would be a sort of bull. At least that is what I thought to read when I first saw this topic.

@ bshag, I'm with you on that. :)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 01:06:15 PM »
The mule animal is a cross between a horse and a donkey. It's strong and is a working animal. For this reason, it's sometimes used to describe a person used for carrying things, like illegal drugs, or in games a character who provides extra storage or other usefulness to a main character.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Leto85

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 02:17:54 PM »
The mule animal is a cross between a horse and a donkey. It's strong and is a working animal. For this reason, it's sometimes used to describe a person used for carrying things, like illegal drugs, or in games a character who provides extra storage or other usefulness to a main character.

Ah so! That make sense. Thanks. :)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 03:03:26 PM »
In my last Guide article for the Fashion Phenomenon LTW, the husband stayed at home and took are of the house, garden, cooking, etc. while his wife pursued her career in Fashion.  ;D

I noticed that Pam, and I applauded.  Did you hear me cheering?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

anything