Author Topic: Gardening and moving worlds  (Read 5700 times)

Offline malteser60

• Occult
Gardening and moving worlds
« on: June 18, 2010, 10:35:07 AM »
One of my sims is a gardener and nectar maker. If I move that family to another world, in this case from SV to Riverview (and then Twinbrook when I get ambitions) can i take the plants with me? Or do I have to harvest each one and re-plant them in the new world?

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: Gardening and moving worlds
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 12:58:28 PM »
You will have to harvest them and then re-plant when you are in your new town.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 02:17:56 PM »
Unless you move the lot with the family.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 06:40:48 PM »
(Why do I always feel like the cheating-guru at this forum?)
If you would like to adapt your game to your liking you could find all plants in the buyDebug menu and place them out at your new house.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 08:51:08 PM »
Awwww.  And here I did it the hard way. lol

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 12:00:52 AM »
If you would like to adapt your game to your liking you could find all plants in the buyDebug menu and place them out at your new house.

Well, if you got a lot full of perfect plants, that wouldn't work: buydebug only plants normal plants.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 12:04:44 AM »
I just move lot and all and everything just stays the same, as branr stated.  Much easier that way.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 04:08:01 AM »
Yes I moved my whole lot too. Plants and all remained intact. Though my vacation homes were leveled. :S

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 04:16:04 AM »
Yes I moved my whole lot too. Plants and all remained intact. Though my vacation homes were leveled. :S

Do you mean like a lot in China that was on a hill suddenly was flat if you placed it in Sunset Valley or something?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 06:21:58 AM »
Well, if you got a lot full of perfect plants, that wouldn't work: buydebug only plants normal plants.
Yes that's true, but to re-plant them into perfect plants doesn't take so much time IMO, so I usually enjoy this cheat's capability of letting me move to a new lot with all my money trees and life plants. Of course, what you'd actually do is up to the discretion of each individual. :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 08:39:24 AM »
Do you mean like a lot in China that was on a hill suddenly was flat if you placed it in Sunset Valley or something?

No. I had a vacation home in each foreign neighbourhood, 2 of which I built from the ground up myself, and the 3rd in France that I just altered the house a little. I haven't checked the french house yet, but the other two looks as if I only just bought the empty block of land, without any items or walls. Just thought I'd mention it as a side effect of moving neighbourhoods...

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 12:49:58 AM »
Ok, I have 2 comments for 2 different people. Hopefully I don't confuse you or myself lol.

For Swede: I always do the cheating method to get my plants as well! And then I normally also cheat to get the super green thumb (I also make them read or take a class to get Level 1 gardening) so by the time they harvest the cheater plants, then replant everything, I get some greats and very nice. Then by like the 2nd or 3rd (4th at the most) harvest, I have all perfects! I love the money trees most of all if I'm going for Level 10 in the gardening career.  ;)

For Pallyndrome: Another side effect I noticed was I created a couple in Riverview. They had four kids, 3 young adults and out on their own, and 1 child (both had the "surrounded by family" LTW). I decided I didn't like the guitar tips and decided to move back home. Sunset Valley feels like my home considering I'm there 90% of the time, lol. When I got back to SV, they only had the one child that was living with them. I checked their family tree, and I guess to their knowledge they had only had that one kid their whole life! They of course had more, but as far as they were concerned, they only had them. No mention ever about the family back in Riverview!

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 07:13:01 AM »
Lots of nice tips and tricks, thanks everybody  :)

Good tip to have in case all goes pear shaped but I'm going to avoid this if possible. I kinda get attached to the plants my sims grows, especially if he's gone off hunting for seeds. Sad I know! (Hehe my b/f thinks I'm sad just playing the game... he doesn't understand why you would play a game with no ending or aim).
I'm going to give the move whole lot try when I get home. I'm on holiday at the moment, well back home in Malta. I've got family visiting from Australia so it's been so lovely seeing them all again. Then I'm moving house, so if you hear someone screaming that'll be me out of sheer frustration!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 07:53:58 AM »
Lots of nice tips and tricks, thanks everybody  :)

Good tip to have in case all goes pear shaped but I'm going to avoid this if possible. I kinda get attached to the plants my sims grows, especially if he's gone off hunting for seeds. Sad I know! (Hehe my b/f thinks I'm sad just playing the game... he doens't understand why you would play a game with no ending or aim).
I'm going to give the move whole lot try when I get home. I'm on holiday at the moment, well back home in Malta. I've got family visiting from Australia so it's been so lovely seeing them all again. Then I'm moving house, so if you hear someone screaming that'll be me out of sheer frustration!
Why play a game with no ending or aim? It's so fun, it's addicting, it's the best game ever?  I've been known to cry over my sims.  ;D I get very attached to the little pixels too!

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 06:16:49 AM »
Yeah, I know what you mean. Bless him my guy has worked so hard growing his garden and producing nectar, I've been a right slave driver. I feel like I'm cheating him out of his hard work if I do use the cheat (no pun intended!). I've decided to move the whole family to Riverview to explore that world more. I've covered every inch of SV, know where every gem and seed spawn is, etc etc. So whilst I have played in RV I haven't examined it that much.

And yes, Sims is very very addictive! My b/f has had a few goes at me when I've been playing the sims, lost track of time, and forgot to cook dinner. He was not amused!  :D

anything