Author Topic: Is Ambitions causing problems with World Adventures?  (Read 4867 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Is Ambitions causing problems with World Adventures?
« on: June 18, 2010, 10:20:32 AM »
I've just read about problems other people are having with completing adventures within the last few weeks.  Several people, including me, have had problems excavating in China and Egypt.  And one of my sims in the Random Wishmaster challenge just returned from China cloned.

My question is, are all these problems related?  In my case the problems just started since installing Ambitions.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Is Ambitions causing problems with World Adventures?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 10:29:43 AM »
I'll keep my eyes open, Diane. One of my Wishmaster Sims is getting ready to travel too, so fingers crossed on that. I have not done much traveling since I installed Ambitions a couple weeks ago, but I have done some with a couple walkthrough characters and with no ill effects.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 10:32:20 AM »
I don't have ambitions yet however my sim had a problem with exavating in China. She did the 'I can't get to it' animation along with the grumble. I do have the latest patch though that came out at the same time as Ambitions.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 05:34:46 PM »
It sounds like either Ambitions or the patch that came out at the same time is the culprit on the excavating bug.  I don't know about the clone bug.  I think I'd heard of it prior to Ambitions.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 05:15:21 PM »
I think it's the patch as I also don't have Ambitions, (yet), and never had trouble excavating before.  Now it seems I can't do it outside.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Laurencius

• Llama Wrangler
  • Come for the gas, stay for the hummus!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 02:33:59 PM »
I have all the expansions including ambitions and since the last patch my sims cannot excavate in China, France or Egypt and they get the path blocked bubble.

Archer0

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 03:09:02 PM »
I think it's the gnomes.  You've seen how they move about your lot and turn on your TV!  I bet the Sims 3 developers found a new one while time traveling, it got loose and it's wrecking all this nightmarish havoc with the game!   :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 04:59:09 PM »
My sim did get back cloned once (Pam you have heard of that, but you probably forgot, it's more than a month ago I believe), but that was way before Ambitions was even a rumor. Besides that, I noticed today that one of my sims in Egypt isn't able to get back to his hometown without the game to crash and quit itself. That is really too bad, because it was my LTW MM Guide sim and I needed one last photo for it. :( That happens indeed after the installation of Ambitions, but if Ambitions have something to do with it I don't know for sure.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 06:07:25 PM »
Not sure if it's ambitions of just the ambitions patch, but tourists have disappeared from the homeworlds, and when I journeyed to China last night, all the explorers there WERE from China.

Update: just checked over on the "official" forums, and many people are unable to excavate anywhere, and don't have Ambitions, so it sounds like the patch broke it.  Now, it is still possible to excavate, but ONLY on lots, not on "world" areas.

Leto85

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 05:07:38 AM »
@ Branr: you can excavate on lots? I have put one on a lot selfmade but it didn't show up in live mode. How did you do that?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 07:14:30 AM »
My Sim, Elvis Presley, just visited China and still could not excavate.  However, there were tourists there from France and Egypt.  That excavation thing will have to be fixed with a patch, I'm sure. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 07:58:03 AM »
@ Branr: you can excavate on lots? I have put one on a lot selfmade but it didn't show up in live mode. How did you do that?

By lots I meant the tomb lots.  I haven't done any testing adding spawners to residential lots.

Archer0

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 11:16:21 AM »
This post over at the official forums has more confirmation from people on the excavating bug.  As well as a whole list of other glitches people are experiencing since the patch or installing Ambitions:

TS3: Ambitions - Known problems & causes

Leto85

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 05:32:47 AM »
Can't remember if I already has post on this, but Ambitions doesn't cause problems with World Adventures (as far as I have noticed), but it does cause problems to Create a World. :(

anything