Author Topic: Books  (Read 2353 times)

pbrover

Books
« on: June 18, 2010, 06:57:59 AM »
Please can someone tell me if there is a list of books for each career in the Sims 3, including the latest add-on Ambitions? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I cannot find it on the site. Thanks.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: books
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 09:52:56 AM »
I'm not sure what books you mean.  Are you talking about skill books?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deborah

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Books
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 09:35:02 PM »
I would say that they mean the books sent home from work to help improve job performance.
Like medical Journals for doctors. Police also have books. Do not know what they are called, sorry.

NalaOwl22

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 10:11:27 AM »
Hi - if you're referring to the career specific books, there are two ways your sim can get them.
Opportunities - if you don't have a career-related opportunity already, you might get the option to read a book to improve your job performance. If you accept the book is dropped into your inventory. The Sims Wiki has information about opportunities http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Opportunities, although the lists don't look particularly complete to me. The Prima Guide has more information.
Some careers also have journals (I say some, but I can only think of the medical career). Reading journals is one of the metrics to advance. A new book is dropped into your inventory after each shift.
Does that help? If you have more specific questions come back to us.
Nala.

Offline IgnorantBliss

• Llama Wrangler
  • Part-time Hermit
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 11:52:32 AM »
I don't know if this http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Books is a complete list, but it looks pretty comprehensive.

anything