Author Topic: The Rust Life States Dynasty: Cricket (1/19)  (Read 48139 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Rust Life States Dynasty: Cricket (11/7)
« Reply #180 on: November 09, 2012, 08:49:16 PM »
I totally understand. I stopped playing my dynasty because it hates me. I am enjoying a fairy family instead while I wait to someday get a new computer.

Hope everything is better for you. D: My computer handles the game pretty well, and it was just some random crash. I'm okay now, except I'm going mad by just watching Cricket complete challenges (she maxed piano and got the wish to max it, and she completed the Master Pianist challenge!). Everyone else is forced to go to the spa or do something time-consuming just so I can focus on Cricket. And Pappy just popped a wish for another baby. Bad time.
I fell your pain Trip. Just remember to save, save, save. I know it's annoying because it takes time. But try saving at least every 20 minutes. When something important is going on I always save every time something happens I don't want to loose. Use the time to stand up and stretch, it's great for your back and shoulders (or so I've heard). ::)

I should. It takes forever to save this file, but it would be a good excuse for a break.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2012, 09:09:56 PM »
I should. It takes forever to save this file, but it would be a good excuse for a break.

I know, I sometimes time it just to make sure it's not x10 compared to what it took last time. Still, I think I'm lucky that my ID still only takes about 4-8 minutes (why it varies I can't tell) even at +40 weeks in the game.

One good thing about pausing and then saving is that you can actually leave the computer, and not miss anything. Maybe you should time how long it takes to save, I thought it took longer than it actually does, before I found out for sure. That's the nature of waiting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2012, 09:13:25 PM »
I know, I sometimes time it just to make sure it's not x10 compared to what it took last time. Still, I think I'm lucky that my ID still only takes about 4-8 minutes (why it varies I can't tell) even at +40 weeks in the game.

One good thing about pausing and then saving is that you can actually leave the computer, and not miss anything. Maybe you should time how long it takes to save, I thought it took longer than it actually does, before I found out for sure. That's the nature of waiting.

Heh; i'm only about 3-4 weeks into my immortal dynasty, and it takes like 5-15 minutes to load, and the lot isn't that filled with stuff yet, it's a total simple design for now.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2012, 09:18:09 PM »
Heh; i'm only about 3-4 weeks into my immortal dynasty, and it takes like 5-15 minutes to load, and the lot isn't that filled with stuff yet, it's a total simple design for now.

I think it varies a lot depending on what town you play in. I haven't had many large savefiles in Moonlight Falls, so I son't know what would be usual for me there. That is actually one of the reasons I choose to play in Sunset Valley, it has the shortest loading time in my game. It's not really anything Trip can do about it now, but something worth considering when starting something new.

P.S. ladyaya: loadingtimes is the main reason I'll never do a dynasty in U.C. It would drive me mad.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2012, 09:24:35 PM »
A fresh Union Cove file took so long to save for me, though Moonlight Falls 14 weeks in is cutting it close. Currently sitting at 30 minutes right now.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #185 on: November 09, 2012, 09:27:44 PM »
Wow, that is rough. I'm suddenly very happy I opted for the less convenient but more game friendly desktop when I bought a new computer.

Maybe you could get some cleaning done while you wait ::)

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #186 on: November 09, 2012, 09:54:39 PM »
A completely fresh, no attached sim family UC loading time is like three minutes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Rust Life States Dynasty: Cricket (11/10)
« Reply #187 on: November 10, 2012, 02:18:38 PM »
A completely fresh, no attached sim family UC loading time is like three minutes.

Maybe I'm just unlucky then. :P

---

Pappy would have a fit if his eldest child didn't have a proper bachelorette party before resigning to the boring, married life.

"Thanks for the friendship, Navita!"

"Cricket has always been a great friend of mine. She might have rejected me just because I'm not the right supernatural, but she's cool, right?"

Good enough, Hank.

He knows what to do.

Man, that party was actually quite lame. No one even danced on the counters. Can we do better for Branch?

Oh, hi Camilla. I can see that Pappy's not-cursed bite has done you well.

"Yeah, it's going to be awesome not aging."

Anyways.

Party time!

Jules has some moves for a perpetually-old man, right Branch?

"It's pretty impressive."

Why don't you go and have some fun?

"I'm feeling good about Cricket marrying him now. Branch has some moves."

I'm more impressed with you Pappy. I finally let you wear your pajamas, and you listened. Nothing too traumatic is happening tonight, thank goodn-

Brendan Brownlee? Are you okay?

No Brendan, don't do this to me.

"You kept all the plasma fruits gated off."

Yeah, not my best decision. Rest in peace, Brendan. Vampire, friend, and regular chess opponent of Cricket. Death did a number on his weight, and even Rainflower came out to mourn.

"I don't care about my glitched aging. I still got it."

Hank, the party ended.

"Really?"

Seven hours ago. Really.

"I say not!"

Yeah, it could be worse, right?

Not you too. Rest in peace to Malik Gore; long-time co-worker and best friend to Cadmium. For a generated townie, he was actually a really great guy due to his unwavering friendship towards the Rusts.

"So you won't call me that unmarriable pudding face any more?"

Oh no, I'll still do that, Malik. RIP, boy.

"Those dang Rusts won't even clean up after their kids."

Thanks for the thought, Grimmy.

Cricket, we have a problem.

"And sending us to Moonlight Point in our formalwear helps?"

It will. You kind of need to marry Branch right away.

"I can't! I'm stuck as a werewolf and I can't marry him that way."

Do you think that he minds?

"Do you mind, Branch?"

"You're the greatest person I know, werewolf or not. Let's do it."

I wanted a big wedding for these two, but I have to do what I have to do.

Because I need one of these.

"For?"

This. You can't do certain things as a werewolf.

Like have a birthday.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »
That seems like it was close; did her birthday fall on a full moon?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2012, 04:26:36 PM »
It was actually in the middle of the lunar cycle, but her feral change moodlet was stuck for days and I panicked when it said it was her birthday.

I got her last LTR out of the way with that, though. :P

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2012, 04:35:25 PM »
Yay congratulations to Crick and Branch!  I'm glad the boys now how to throw a good party at least, although with Pappy around that's not surprising ;)

Why did you have to marry Crick before using the moodlet manager on her?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2012, 04:37:44 PM »
I'm guessing because she didn't have enough LTH points?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2012, 04:43:50 PM »
Cricket had 55,000 LTHP, and sitting in her wishes panel was the wish to marry Branch, worth 5,000. 60,000 would be enough for a moodlet manager so I could remove Cricket's feral change moodlet and have her celebrate her birthday in time.

So, what Rosa said.

Maybe I should have explained that further in the story, but it's weird having to work in technical details while generation two is getting married.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #193 on: November 10, 2012, 04:47:08 PM »
Oh ok I understand, and now it's explained in the comments if anyone else is curious.  I hope Branch has some strong genes!

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #194 on: November 10, 2012, 04:55:44 PM »
I hope so too. One clone is enough, darn it.

Oh my goodness, Cricket and Branch just had a kid. He is absolutely perfect (though he can't be the heir). <3