Author Topic: The Floating Houses  (Read 15987 times)

maddyclyde9

The Floating Houses
« on: June 17, 2010, 12:42:15 PM »
Am I the only one who knows how do make floating houses? It's such a cute trick, I wondered if it was new or not

Edit:  I mean tree houses! My bad.

Edit once more:

You turn on moveobjects on, make a floating house, then add a tree!
Yah, figured I wasn't the only one.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: The flouting houses
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 12:51:08 PM »
Do you by chance mean floating?  If so, floating houses have been around since Sims 1.  It is a lot of fun making them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 01:49:34 PM »
How?
Formerly Simstar3

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 01:57:49 PM »
How?

I didn't know either, but a simple Google search turned up this —

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtwPLbIYypY

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The floating houses
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 06:11:54 PM »
I followed the link and got totally lost for a very long time looking at a bunch of different, way out there, houses.  I LOVED it so thanks for the link. 

Pam, since you've never played Sims2, and you might want to see some of the fabulous house kinds of things you could do and get for 2, follow the link and enjoy!  I'm definitely going to purloin a few of the ideas I saw.

I do have one major problem with some of the houses for either 2 or 3.  Whatever were people thinking when they made ginormous bathrooms with several jons, showers, etc. all in one bath room with no privacy?  Obviously they were just doing practice architecture and never thought that no Sim would ever share a bath room with another for bathing or using the jon.  Even same sex twins will not share bathrooms but will shoo out each other and get the embarrassed moodlet.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 06:22:35 PM »
Even same sex twins will not share bathrooms but will shoo out each other and get the embarrassed moodlet.
Hmm well, speaking as an identical twin myself I can say that that is as understandable as that normal siblings won't share bathrooms. What I think is a little weird is how a married couple shoos eachother so quickly when they already share beds and have 3-4 children together! :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 07:00:22 PM »
Not always Swede, I've had one spouse in the bath and one on the toilet in the same room without the use of that public-stall style toilet that you see in the community lots.

Hope I'm not dragging this off topic.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Floating Houses
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 11:49:01 AM »
I wonder if you could somehow use the floating house concept to make a building taller than allowed?  You know, raise it up and then build under as well above.

----------
My No Buy Story

bshag

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 12:09:05 PM »
I haven't built any floating houses in sims 3 yet but have built several in sims 2.  The way I did it was to put in a bunch of cheap posts, build the house, then take the posts away.  I had to put in at least a few of the more decorative ones cause it just looked too weird. :D

maddyclyde9

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 12:32:48 PM »
Joria-
I'd think you could only go up to a certain level, regardless of if it's floating or not. On one hand, It may count as how many floors you have, but then you could fill in the bottom, but on the other hand, I’m sure EA knows about the floating houses by  now and might have done something about it.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 12:42:22 PM »
 :o I didn't know we can still have floating houses! I'm guessing you can make a cute tree house for the kids if you put a tree next to a floating room. :) I used to make them in sims 2. I would put a toy box, oven, those magazine and coloring book decors, and a window up there. :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 01:05:35 PM »
Joria-
I'd think you could only go up to a certain level, regardless of if it's floating or not. On one hand, It may count as how many floors you have, but then you could fill in the bottom, but on the other hand, I’m sure EA knows about the floating houses by  now and might have done something about it.

I've been sort of experimenting with the concept in my spare time, lol.  I used the extra tall pillars which raised the floors up higher than normal wall height and got them up three levels before I got tired and went to sleep.  I'm pretty sure I could have gone even higher.  I'll be play testing this once I'm done with the challenge I'm in. I want to see how high and how low you can go and I intend to call my house, "Beam Me Up, Scotty". lol  Only a gazillionaire could afford it though.  Those pillars are awfully expensive and it just might look really weird without them.  Hmmmm, that could be a very cool look though.  Very futuristic.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 05:03:04 PM »
:o I didn't know we can still have floating houses! I'm guessing you can make a cute tree house for the kids if you put a tree next to a floating room. :) I used to make them in sims 2. I would put a toy box, oven, those magazine and coloring book decors, and a window up there. :)
That sounds so cute! I should try it!
Formerly Simstar3

maddyclyde9

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 03:07:16 PM »
That sounds so cute! I should try it!
That's kinda what the original topic was about...sorry, I get a little '"THAT WAS MY IDEA!" sometimes. Ok, all the time.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 09:31:47 PM »
Moving this to the Building and Construction Board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."