Author Topic: Griffith Dynasty, Take Two (Chapter 6)  (Read 6744 times)

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
Griffith Dynasty, Take Two (Chapter 6)
« on: September 24, 2012, 11:38:44 AM »
... Well, four, but who's counting.

Chapter Index

Chapter One: Let's Try Again (Again)
Chapter Two: Nooboo(s)!
Chapter Three: Triplet Central
Chapter Four: Aging On Up
Chapter Five: The Kids Are Alright
Chapter Six: The Triplets' Teenage Takeover

Heirs

Mallory Griffith
Best Friend: Argus Brown, werewolf
Career Rewards: Logic skill certificate, Medical trophy of honor
BlackOps: Puzzle Panic, Becoming More Logical, Logic 101
LTRs: Dusty Old Lamp, No Bills Ever, Fireproof Homestead, Discount Diner
5k Wishes: Reach level 10 of medical career, Master logic skill, Discover all potions, Marry Malcolm, Discover 50 stars
Skill Challenges: Celestial explorer, Master chemist, Plumber, Skill Professor, Grand Master, Teacher Extraordinaire

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Griffith Dynasty, Take Two
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 11:55:23 AM »
Alright, Mal. One more time with feeling.

Mal: You said that the last three times.

... Shut up.

Dynasty lot!

Basic furniture!

Medical career!

Logic skill! Everything is going so well!

OH COME ON.

Luckily I got Mal out of there in time; unluckily all of the furniture was destroyed, the cheap broken toilet being the only exception. Well, she needs to work on that Plumber challenge anyway....

Besides the giant asteroid from Hell and all the zombies who keep dying on her lot:

things went pretty steadily for Mal. She had her birthday about halfway through her career

and it didn't take long for her to max it from there. She wrapped up the logic skill and started working on the challenges in earnest. And then she looked in her relationship panel and saw that Malcolm Harris was now a witch!

Okay, he looks like a mime, but the important thing is that he agreed to move in. And then I fixed him up a bit.

Mal liked this look much better.

Malcolm immediately wished to marry his fiancee! Mallory... didn't.

Mal: This is going to be my fourth wedding. I want a bachelorette party this time.

Sorry, love, not in the cards.

Mal: >:(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 11:58:43 AM »
What is it with akward Sims and not wishing for things all of a sudden.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 03:22:11 PM »
I think poor Mallory is losing her motivation to co-operate... Better do something about that!
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline donatello

• Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 03:22:56 PM »
I think poor Mallory is losing her motivation to co-operate... Better do something about that!
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 01:02:17 PM »
Mallory got less ornery after I promised her a Young Again potion when she finished all her requirements.

Mal: Okay, I guess it would be nice to marry Malcolm.

YOU GOT IT.

Playing chess with French zombies. She got to level 5 in time to do one adventure and get some extra cash. Also quite a bit of nectar.

Mal: *hic*

We ran into a bit of a snag when trying to find kids to tutor: turns out you can't tutor while on vacation (drat), and for some reason there were absolutely no kids in town back home. Finally Mal resumed newspaper service (I always cancel it because they just clutter up the lawn) and forced poor Alfred Hansen to live with her for two days while she ranted to him about chemistry.

Mal: I helped him improve his school performance!

By making him skip school?

Mal: ... Shut up.

After Alfred finally got to leave, Mal pretty much spent all her time with her telescope. It was even harder to get her to stick to stars this time. By the time she got to 50, she had made 76 celestial discoveries total.

Mal: I never want to see a telescope ever again.

Hey, at least you finished your requirements! And you know what that means...

Mal: LET'S MAKE BABIES.

Malcolm: Hold on, let me finish making ice statues of these zombies.

YAY.

Mal: Whose idea was this again?

Mal: YAY.

Okay, hurry up and have the baby already, I'm bored.

Mal: Shut up and send me to the spa.

You've already been twice!

Mal: SPA. NOW.

Malcolm: Oh god a baby. It is just one right? Right??

Mal: About that...

Malcolm: Hello, single child! I wish to buy ONE crib!

Oh dear.

Mal: OW OW OW OW

Malcolm: OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

BABY. Meet Rhiannon, a brave and excitable human girl.

Malcolm: WHY ARE YOU STILL IN LABOR YOU ALREADY HAD A BABY I NEED TO SIT DOWN

Baby #2, Aiden. He is athletic, a virtuoso, and also completely human.

Aaand baby #3, Cory. He is artistic, a heavy sleeper, and a ghost witch. Really, Sims? Two humans and a hybrid? Really?

As I learned from my last attempt, all three kids are eligible to be the heir since they are all different life states from their mom. I'm going to see if I can wait to choose an heir, but in case I can't I do have one selected. Don't worry though, I won't pull an ArianaJade; I'll tell you in the next update. (Besides, no one could do it like her!) :D

Offline donatello

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 02:39:16 PM »
How awesome! Pick the boy, he'll be whistling his way to victory, lol!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 04:24:47 PM »
Ghost witch! Ghost witch!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 09:54:49 PM »
Looks like I can wait to choose the heir! I've been leaning towards Rhiannon, but at the moment all three babies are eligible and I plan to keep them that way at least through childhood. And I'll probably change my mind at least a couple times by then!

This is mainly a post to revel in the cuteness of the triplets.

Malcolm playing with Rhiannon.

I don't really know what face Mal is making there, but Rhiannon is cool with it.

She's such a happy baby.

Aiden getting rocked and snuggled.

And our pretty ghost witch.

Their favorite colors are white (Rhiannon), black (Aiden), and orange (Cory), so I've started calling them the Halloween babies.

And because miracles do happen:

All three nooboos sleeping at once! I was completely shocked. (And then Aiden woke up wailing two seconds later and everything went back to normal.)

All too soon it was time for some birthdays! Rhiannon first:

She ended up with blond hair and brown eyes, which is very strange considering Mallory is a gray-eyed redhead and Malcolm has both bright blue eyes and bright blue hair.

She also got her dad's facial structure; it'll be interesting to see how that looks on her as she gets older.

Aiden was next:

He also got blond hair and his dad's features, although he does have Mallory's gray eyes.

And finally Cory:

For some reason when I took him to plan his outfit, it showed him as though he were human and not a ghost. Turns out Cory is the only one to get Mallory's face and red hair, along with his dad's blue eyes. Shame that's only visible with the dresser....

Here he is reading up on his painting, in normal ghost form.

Toddler montage!

Aiden and Rhiannon get to work on the peg box and xylophone.

Mal chats with Rhiannon.

Aiden is a fearless little guy; he starts walking right away.

Mom reads with Cory while Dad extols the nutritious value of drumsticks to Aiden.

Cory's first word is "trash." Aiden's, as shown, is "drumsticks." And our little girl...

Rhiannon: Heartbreak! Infidelity! Divorce!

Oh dear.

Offline donatello

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 02:28:45 AM »
Heartbreaker? That's what you get for spoiling a kid...

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 11:40:52 AM »
Aww nooboos! Okay, I am soooo voting for Cory. Not only is he a ghost witch, he is absolutely the most adorable! In my humble opinion.

By samoht04

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 10:04:28 PM »
Haha Rosa, I think Cory's a real cutie too! I think this chapter may disappoint you though....

First, some more pictures of the toddlers being adorable. I just love babies okay

Cory: And then the mommy and the daddy put the baby to bed....

Aiden: Om nom nom

Rhiannon: My brothers are stupid.

OKAY SERIOUSLY WHAT IS WITH ALL THE ZOMBIES IT ISN'T EVEN A FULL MOON. (I know the new patch is supposed to fix this, but apparently it only works for new games, and I am not restarting this again!)

Ahem... that aside....

Malcolm, you got old!

Malcolm: Shut it.

On his way to fix up his clothes, Malcolm discovers that he can upgrade the wardrobe!

Mal: Three birthdays all at once? Brb, off to Narnia.

Yes, it's that time....

Rhiannon rolls "friendly" to go along with "brave" and "excitable."

Still my Halloween baby! Aiden picks up "equestrian" to go along with "athletic" and "virtuoso." He's going to be one skilled kid! (And yes, I did roll for those traits!)

Still showing him as human in CAS! Cory rolled "mean-spirited," which really didn't fit into my view of him as a character, so I rolled again and got "good." Unfortunately, this means he is no longer eligible to be an heir. Sorry, Rosa! However, I really like him; I'm thinking of maybe doing a separate story about Aiden and Cory as they go out into the world as Young Adults.

Yes, I've pretty much decided on Rhiannon as the heir, although it is still possible for that to change as Aiden also meets all of the requirements so far.

Cory's traits, by the way, are now "artistic," "heavy sleeper," and "good." He and Aiden are fast friends and Rhiannon's pretty fond of both of them. I only wish I could make Mal have more kids... I really do love the babies!

Mal: Hold your tongue! I just got my life back!

Yeah, it's against the rules anyway. Ah well.

ETA: It is NOT against the rules, sorry for the confusion!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 03:38:57 AM »
Awwww! Too bad. Well, he wouldn't have been so great if he were mean-spirited, I'd rather he be Good and not the heir.
But what do you mean, it's against the rules to have more kids? My founder and spouse had another kids after the heir was born. Isn't that okay?

By samoht04

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 03:58:34 AM »
You can have as many kids as you need to, until you get an heir. Once you have an heir, more kids is kind of pointless and a waste of time otherwise used to get the heirs requirements. Besides, you need the space for future generations, and the more kids you have at the start, the longer you need to wait for more space.

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 10:00:07 AM »
Rosa, I think that we're not allowed to have extra kids because then they would be considered helpers? I don't know though, I could definitely be wrong!

anything