Author Topic: Relationship issues and a lack of men!  (Read 20844 times)

Offline malteser60

• Occult
Relationship issues and a lack of men!
« on: June 16, 2010, 09:01:31 AM »
Not too sure if somebody has posted something similar, but I don't think so.

I'm playing one of my main sim characters, and have set the gameplay options to the longest lifespan, free will high, and story progression on. Normally I don't like to play the long lifespan however I'm still playing WA and aiming to collect all the relics and I'd like to do it with one sim. However I don't like having lifespan turned off. Anyhow, going off on a tangent here. Two questions, well one observation really, I can't figure out where most of the men have gone in my game? And those that are there are already in a reltionship/marriage. Seriously, I've had her search out a potential husband in SV, France, China, and Egypt. She managed to find a single guy that in China, so she flirted a bit with him then had a child with him. She went over to China to propose to him and to get him to meet the kid and he just turned around and flirted with someone else. Needless to say she got **ed off at him (he has the flirty trait). So I had her search everywhere for another potential husband but no luck. Then I thought, oh well, this is only a game I'll get her to break up a marriage. And she can't even do that! What's going on. She's best friends with Thornton Wolff, who has comitment issues as you all know, and when she tries to flirt with him all he does is shrug his shoulders. Same happened with another guy she knew. He was single when they met and they started flirting, han't kissed yet when my sim went back to base camp to sleep. The next day when she went back she found out he got married overnight. So she tried flirting again and he just did the shoulder shrug.

To sum all this up - where are the single men and why can't my sim break up a marriage? (Her traits are genius, adventurer, athletic, disciplined and brave). Otherwise she'll have to put up and marry the flirty dad.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Relationship issues and a lack of men!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 10:05:55 AM »
There aren't a lot of single guys in Sunset Valley, that's for sure. But, these should be your primary targets if they have not already gotten involved with someone else —

Christopher Steel
Connor and Jared Frio
Gobias Koffi
Leighton Sekemoto

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 10:11:49 AM »
Christopher Steel has always been my pick of single men.  Of course in mine he is a stylist now, so maybe he went the other way, not sure, but watching him walk around that station, makes me wonder. lol
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Delgar

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 10:22:45 AM »
I'm cut throat. I just steal away whoever I want. Sure I have to get to be at least good friends before I can start putting the moves on them, but at that point their eating out of my hand and I can have whomever I want. :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 10:31:52 AM »
LOL. I am not going to say that I have not done that myself.  If it gets too bad, I go ahead and make a few men and put them in the game too.  I hate starting from scratch, but ya gotta start somewhere.

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 10:32:38 AM »
You also have a couple of other options for meeting men:

1. Wait for the teens to age up. I think Ethan Bunch and Parker Langerak age up to young adult a few days into a new game. My male sims occasionally hook up with Bebe Hart or River McIrish.

2. Try to meet a service sim. They usually appear in Central Park several times a day. I've never seen a service sim involved in a relationship with anyone (unless I'm using a story progression mod, but I'm not going to talk about that here.)

Icemink

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 10:33:23 AM »
When you were on vacation did you try talking to the other explorers? I had a sim go to Egypt looking for a husband and couldn't find any single Egyptians but then she started talking to the explorers and met single sims that way. She ended up with a French husband. Although he had no job and zero skills when he moved in. However he did give their daughter some gorgeous purple eyes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 10:40:41 AM »
I had made a single sim for the purpose of the political career, the maid Gregory Elfman showed up and it was love at first site.  He moved in and they were great together, he maxed out music, she maxed out guitar and music, since they have both passed away and I am using their family for a generation legacy type game on my own.  The service people that I have used and moved in have been great to play with and they are always single and have some sort of skill.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 11:07:41 AM »
Christopher Steel has always been my pick of single men.  Of course in mine he is a stylist now, so maybe he went the other way, not sure, but watching him walk around that station, makes me wonder. lol

I think Christopher might be an "equal opportunity" Sim. I was playing a single male Sim in Sunset valley and Christopher flirted with him.

Offline John Allen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 11:41:08 AM »
My Sim just traveled to france, flirted with a married npc, and he got the shrug as well.  After getting him home I had him used invite foreign visitors to get he to visit, and then got her to break up, married and she now lives with me; along with my new step daughter..

The sure fire method is to get relationship bar to full, get to irresistible, then ask to break up- and you’re back to just ok, start the cycle over to irresistible; then propose to go steady and propose marriage.  Voila!  Home-wrecking accomplished XD.

TheCub brought up a good option, since NPc’s age quicker than your sim when you have long life you can build a friendship until they grow.  For some reason I have ‘married’ Kaylynn Langerak a few times. Once the relationship bar is full if she’s still a teen I’ll invite her over and just ‘accidentally’ have a birthday cake out.  You can choose NPC's to blow out candles.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 02:26:05 PM »
My "love 'em and leave 'em" female sim has had good luck meeting men at the various base camps.  She isn't marriage-minded, but she has no trouble finding single male sims to father her children.  She has the observant ltr and only chooses the ones that appear to have decent traits.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 03:55:01 PM »
Ok, where have I been, I know you can use testcheats and move an NPC in with you, did not know they could age up with a cake in your house, oh wait, whoever is in your house at the time you have cake, they will all be on that list, ok, duh, now I know why all of those people were on there, just didn't register.   ::)

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 07:57:46 AM »
Thanks everybody for all the replies. I've got a few options that I can use. Didn't think of the birthday cake one... doh! That's quite obvious.

As for breaking up relationships, that's the thing, it just doesn't work for my sim. She's not that ugly! And I think she's got some fantastic traits. No matter how good the relationship bar is, if she flirts with them, or does any romantic interaction they just shrug their shoulders. And for single men, nope, all of them I encounter are married, teens or elderly. Or as in one of my case, got married overnight! Plus there seems to be a lack of men but no lack of women (and nope, she doesn't swing that way  :) ).

Thing is I don't have this problem with any of my other games. Normally they are eating out of my hands, to quote Delgar. Right, when I get home I'm off to choose a suitable teen and 'age' them up. (That just doesn't sound right!) Or I'll target the service sims, now why didnt' I think of that too! Especially as I have a babysitter quite often.

bshag

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 11:28:25 AM »
I have found that sometimes you just have to be patient.  I had a sim who never seemed to have her flirtations received with anything but a shrug, even though she had the trait of hopeless romantic and flirty.  Then after she had complimented apperance, personality a few times, flirtatious joke a couple of times, then moved in for the kill with all out flirt and romantic interactions, she had em. ;D  Sometimes this takes a few meetings, invites out, etc.  Some sims have the ability to jump right to serious stuff on the first meeting.  All sims seem to be different.  Most times it's the pursuit that's the most fun. ;D

Offline John Allen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 12:07:54 PM »
I defintiely think there are hidden traits with some sims, to make them each unique.  Could be just that. 

The only extreme example I have was when my Emperor of Evil (also hopeless romantic) sim met Morgana Wolff and their good and evil traits clashed for a lot of double negatives.  But my Sim wished to hang out with her, and kiss her early on. 

Took about 4 game days to get the relationship bar filled and to get her to break up with Thornton. Then another 2 to propose, and on that last day Morgana was doing the lack of shower animation with the socially appealing green vapor; and my sim was about to pass out from lack of sleep. 

And after the thrill of the chase and the pursuit, I could only imagine my Sim saying "You do? yay!  Let's exchange rings!"  right after that:  "WHAT? You want HOW MANY children?"  :O       "5, and you need a new job. Love you, Honey."