Author Topic: World Adventures: Laundry List of Adventure Issues  (Read 8283 times)

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
World Adventures: Laundry List of Adventure Issues
« on: September 21, 2012, 12:42:19 PM »
I've looked through 4-5 pages of this topic, and not found the following queries. So here's my laundry list:

(1) moving fish between worlds, crocodile quest "Vicious Delicacy". I catch the crocodiles in Egypt. They disappear from inventory when I go home to Sunset Valley. I tried putting them into a treasure chest, then putting the chest in my "family inventory" but they still disappear.

On a related note, I have a pond in my home in Sunset Valley and want to stock it with koi, but can't.

(2) foreign visitors cannot bathe? visitors who "sleep over" cannot bathe? Invited boyfriend from Egypt and he would not shower even when I asked him to "stay over" and would not "woohoo" in shower. Other guests can? PS can woohoo in sarcophagus, but still he stinketh.

(3) why don't French sims smoke cigarettes? well, why don't they? just sayin'

(7) Martial Arts outfits, specifically accessories that are unwanted on face & head of sim when receives outfit. Can't access Martial Arts (8 outfits!) in Create a Sim. Can change hairdo in mirror "change appearance" but can't remove the sunglasses and earrings that Martial Arts outfit spawned with. Any suggestions?

(8) breaking space rocks. Mastered Martial Arts and can break space rocks on the little board breaker. But never get any gems. Also, can I break the space rocks I find lying on the ground?

(9) Ancient Coins glut. How to spend? I have completed more than 6 tombs and 5 Collections, so I've maxed out visa levels and have all the cool junk. What can I spent Ancient Coins on now? I thought about selling the Sultan's tent ($30,000) and other fancy junk and rebuying. I guess I could raise simoleons that way.

(10) Sultan's tent "slept like a king" moodlet not getting. Other adventurer's I've played got the "slept like a king" moodlet, but not this very successful, brave, handy, athletic sim. Tried selling tent and rebuying but didn't help. How can I get the moodlet?

(11) Fridge in vacation home respawns and erases the fish, fruit, vegs left in it at end of vacation. Annoying. I collect all these cool frogs or whatever, fruits, vegs, and then when I return to the vacation home, they are gone and I have to start over. At least my garden works in Egypt & France and I can harvest the produce, but hey!

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
Re: World Adventures: Laundry List of Adventure Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 01:06:44 PM »
You won't believe how many of these problems I've encountered. But I thought them to be normal and wrote them off as annoying and accepted life with these shortcomings. The naïvity of me...
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 01:31:01 PM »
1 -  This has been a known bug for quite some time and we're all waiting for it to be fixed.  It started happening regularly when Pets patch came out.  You don't have to have the expansion to have the issue.   If you're not playing a game where you can't use cheats, go into buy mode and enable buydebug.  You'll be able to place fish spawners from all the vacation rules.   Or if you do have pets, cats can fish all types of fish up anytime they want.  Just give them some water.  When you have 10 you can stock the pond and that particular fish will always be able to be fished from your personal pond.

2 -   I've never heard of this and all the times I've had someone over this has never been an issue.   I haven't recently tried to woohoo with a foreigner but I may try it in the future.  Does this happen in all games or just this one?  Does it happen with all foreigners or just this one?  It could just be that Sim. 

3 -  Smoking cigarettes would break the teen rating of the game.  It's a drug addiction and that's not exactly family friendly.

7 -  Where did 4 5 & 6 go?   I've had this happen before and just didn't let it bother me so I never worried about it.  Most of my martial artists are insane so they never wear that outfit when they do it.  Maybe someone else will have suggestions.

8 - Being able to get gems from the board breaker requires you to have completed the Skill Challenge that specifically says that when you break space rocks you'll now receive gems.  Did you have your Sim do that yet?  It requires 150 boards of Oak or better to  get it.  Just look in your skill journal to see how many more you need to break.

9 - Once you've bought everything, you look at them and go "Ooo shiny." That's all you can do although what I do is buy one of those certificates for every Sim in my family to have in their inventory.  It means I can take longer vacations without making everyone get Visa Level 3.

10 - Ever since the recent patch - the icon for the Slept like a King/Queen isn't appearing and it's just showing up as the Well Rested picture but when you mouse over it still says Slept like a King/Queen and it's still +40

11 - This is probably related to #1 in that things will disappear from your inventory and the fridges are similar in mechanics.  I would suggest leaving them all in a chest versus leaving them in the fridge.  The chest probably won't transport the fish & veggies back home but it might just keep them at your vacation homes while you're gone.

Welcome to the forum and I hope I was able to help at least a little bit.

You won't believe how many of these problems I've encountered. But I thought them to be normal and wrote them off as annoying and accepted life with these shortcomings. The naïvity of me...

It's not naivete.  It's smart because we all know this game has bugs and a lot of them are unfixable at this moment. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simone23

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 02:12:55 PM »
1 - Twallan's Overwatch mod (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch) corrects this and many other gameplay errors.  Thank the Magic Sky Fairy that we have awesome developers like Twallan in the gamer community

Don't know about the bathing, I'd just invite them into a hot tub or cure them with the mood adjuster as a work around, see rating system re: why not cigarettes...

7 - Something similar happens to me, whatever accessories, like socks, my sim has as part of everyday outfit #1 carry over into their martial arts outfits.  Try a simpler look in everyday #1 and see what happens?

8 - you can get gems before you hit timber terminator, but it's horribly unlikely.  Like Ricalynn said, put in the hours on oak and when you switch to space rocks again, the gems will come.  You can only break space rocks on the board breaker.

9 - After I get a couple of sultan's tents and 8 travel certificates per country, I usually just stock up on pemmican.  It's a better quick bite than an apple, for taking on fishing trips, etc.

10 - The fridge is very annoying.  Your best bet is to just make it part of your vacationing routine to remember to take high-quality ingredients with you on vacation and when you get the one-hour warning, pause the game, open the fridge (and the bar, and the nectar racks, and any storage chests) and hit Take All. Also, load your sculptures into inventory and strip the walls of paintings, they won't continue to appreciate in value while you're gone.

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 10:28:37 PM »
Thanks, Ricalynn and Simone23. I'll definitely buy more certificates. and terminate more timber.
Actually I just tried stocking a couple of community ponds in China, but doesn't appear to work. But my home pond in Sunset valley is stocking up nicely with regular fish. I guess that's the best I can do for now.
Didn't get back to France today, but will check to see if the frogs are still in the chest & report back. Be nice if this works.
ooo shiny. yes. that will work.

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
Re: World Adventures: Laundry List of Adventure Issues: HAH!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 08:54:49 PM »
HAH! Went back to France and found the frogs still in the chest! yay. So the answer is I can store the fish I catch in Champs Les Sims in the Alouette chest that I leave inside my vacation home, and they will be there even though the fridge respawns. Will also try leaving my special produce. Garden is growing.

Found another issue, though. Gardening. In a regular town such as Sunset Valley, when I choose to "Tend Garden" or "Harvest" that action continues for every plant available. In France, Egypt and China, that action cuts off after one plant and the action queue also disappears, so no matter how many individual plants I click on and queue up to harvest or tend, only one plant gets tended and I have to start the queue over every time.

The nectar rack does not respawn happily. All the nectar I left in my vacation home is still there when I return.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 11:13:43 AM »
Hello Harmlessoldlady

Welcome,

The Gardening Bug in WA is driving me insane.   Leaving caught fish behind in a chest was fine when you could use them up as fertalizer for the holiday home garden, but, not being able to garden properly means that all you can do with surplus fish is sell them; and they won't count towards career advancement if your sim is a fiaherman!

I've experimented with several newly created sims to see if I can get around the bug which gives a blank plants page in the collection journal.  So far, I have managed to create one sim with an active plant page while adventuring (and therefore able to garden normally).

This sim went to China on the very first day and learnt gardening from the tabcast while there.  She took a second trip to China, and, still had an active plants page.  I have not tried taking her to either of the other locations to see if she still has that page active.

I am just about to start another sim to see if the learning gardening abroad is the reason for the active plants page.  Maybe, I just got lucky or maybe it was some other reason for this particular sim not being bugged.

I've never used mods, but, have to say that this bug has me tempted to try Twallen's Overwatch.  I looked at the site, but, was a bit daunted by what I read there.  Sad, I know, but, I just don't get my head around the technical stuff these days - age I suppose.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 01:17:15 PM »
I use Twallan's "traveler" and don't experience any of these issues. I can also travel to other cities. So my sim presently lives in Moonlight Falls; but, goes to Bridgeport to perform as a singer. She visits other worlds (she's French) and no problems.

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 03:33:46 PM »
Recent trips to Egypt find the garden I planted wilting even thought the sprinkler set to auto water seems to be on all the time! I don't get this. The harvesting is happening now for all plants, and the tending, but the plants die anyway because they aren't getting the water ??

I'm having enough issues with games of length getting choppy no matter how much I save, so I'm not adding any modified programming to the mix. But it would be nice if EA would fix this...

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 05:31:51 PM »
Harmlessoldlady

Sprinklers frequently break without any message or option to fix.  Delete the faulty sprinkler and buy a new one.  This should fix the problem.

As to mods, I've spent some time looking into these and have decided they are not for me.

So, for a while, I am going to play something else and just load the Sims from time to time to see if there are any new updates.  Hopefully, EA will fix the gardening and fishing bugs, affecting WA, soon.  If not, I doubt that I will buy any more EPs for this game and I certainly won't be rushing to buy any further EA titles.  Occassional small bugs in any game are to be expected, but, in a game as expensive as the sims, it seems that EA are not taking their responsibilities seriously when they regularly issue patches which break their customer's games and then leave the resulting mess for weeks or months.   The Sims 4!   Are they joking?  Lets have The Sims 3 working properly.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Saga

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 07:45:12 PM »
If French sims would smoke that would make Sims being banned in lot of countries in EU (no matter of age limit). There are laws against advertising smoking (there are quite strict rules about smoking and they are getting more so). Hopefully in few years/decades smoking will be illegal everywhere.

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 12:24:57 PM »
@Wai: thanks so much for that about the sprinklers. I will look into replacing them.
I do so agree about EA fixing the bugs, and they did fix the fishing bug FINALLY! I was able to stock a Sunset Valley pond with Koi, and there was much rejoicing.

@Saga: yes, I'm sure you are right.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2012, 06:20:37 PM »
If French sims would smoke that would make Sims being banned in lot of countries in EU (no matter of age limit). There are laws against advertising smoking (there are quite strict rules about smoking and they are getting more so). Hopefully in few years/decades smoking will be illegal everywhere.

What exactly does this have to do with anything?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 08:10:40 PM »
What exactly does this have to do with anything?

A few posts back, someone asked the question as to why French Sims don't smoke.  That's what prompted Saga's response.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 02:23:13 AM »
A few posts back, someone asked the question as to why French Sims don't smoke.  That's what prompted Saga's response.

Ok, thanks.  I looked for something like that, but didn't see anything.  This is why it's a good idea to quote the post you're answering.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything