Author Topic: A quick way to get all the gems/metals  (Read 14340 times)

maddyclyde9

A quick way to get all the gems/metals
« on: June 14, 2010, 04:20:32 PM »
I've only ever done this in a custom world that I didn't make, but I'm fairly certain it will work elsewhere

Steps without entering Edit Town:
1. Turn on testingcheatsenabled true
2. Go to the Graveyard (not the Sim!)
3. Shift Click and "Buy On This Lot"
4. Take the eyedropper and go around the lake.
Steps with entering Edit Town:
1. Go the Graveyard
2. Take the eyedropper and go around the lake.
When you see the "Death Fish Spawners" or something or other, click it (do you still have eyedropper on? You better!) If it takes you to a place that has a bunch of white boxes that you've probably never seen before, it worked. If it takes you to the normal Build Community Lot place, try it again after going to live mode. You can add a bunch of "Gem Spawners: Epic." (Again, not exact words!" and within, oh...3 Sim days, there will be Rainbow Gems and Pink Diamonds galore!
I'll edit this up and post a through one soon, but I thought I'd get this out there, since I was pulling my hair out frustrated! (Not really... :D)

Offline Mrs.Laphalot

• Llama Wrangler
Re: A quick way to get all the gems/metals
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 04:37:12 PM »
I thought the spawners didn't show unless buydebug mode was enabled?  I'm in the middle of a re-install so I can't test this. I've done the 'buy on this lot' before and I never took notice if the spawners appeared. Thanks for the tip! I'll give this a try later.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 05:25:05 PM »
Not all spawners disappear without the buyDebug menu enabled, but this does sound like an awkward work-around to get to the buyDebug menu.

maddyclyde9, after you've activated testingcheatsenabled, try typing 'buyDebug on'. If you look in the normal buy menu and sort by function, you can now see a new menu marked with a ?. I believe this is what you are talking about.
By the way, welcome to the forum! :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

maddyclyde9

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 05:33:25 PM »
Thanks! And I'll try that

maddyclyde9

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 12:07:21 PM »
That's odd...it doesn't work

Hawkueta

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 12:19:40 PM »
If you want to get all gems without cheating, the best way is to reach Martial Arts skill to 10, and have the challenge of breaking 250 boards done, which allows you to get more gems from space rocks. Before a fatigue, you can harvest at least about 7 gems, and they count as "Collect" so after 10 you can get that heart shape cut.

maddyclyde9

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 12:26:06 PM »
Well, Sims 3 World Adventures was 50$ last time I looked, so few people were I live own it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 01:47:38 PM »
If you want to get all gems without cheating, the best way is to reach Martial Arts skill to 10, and have the challenge of breaking 250 boards done, which allows you to get more gems from space rocks. Before a fatigue, you can harvest at least about 7 gems, and they count as "Collect" so after 10 you can get that heart shape cut.

Wait.  You mean you get gems from space rocks?  ALL space rocks or just the unique ones?  How do you do that?  I am so going to get my guy up to level 10.   Oh!  Wait!  Does he have to have a martial arts LTW to do this?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 02:44:39 PM »
Wait.  You mean you get gems from space rocks?  ALL space rocks or just the unique ones?  How do you do that?  I am so going to get my guy up to level 10.   Oh!  Wait!  Does he have to have a martial arts LTW to do this?

Yes, from space rocks broken.  All space rocks, well most, no special ones.  You have to have your Martial Arts up to level 10 and have broken at least 150 oak boards and then you can get gems from breaking space rock blocks (it is the last choice that becomes available when using the board breaker).  Your Sim does not have to have the martial arts LTW to do this.  I was confused by this information when it first became available as well.  Now I am an old hand at it :D .

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 04:30:31 PM »
When I first got my guy to breaking space rocks and then he was athletic besides, he did not fatigue either, I put needs static and had him do space rock breaking.  It was wall to wall gems, it was really pretty neat.  I only did the needs static once, was just trying it and I was so excited about the gems.  I always try to have one person do the martial arts so they can do space rocks, if I am doing something that warrants getting gems.  It is sometimes easier than running all over the place, but teleporting helps too and zeneport.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 02:39:24 AM »
My Gen 3 Heir (Now an old Geezer) who is about to kick the bucket, so to speak. I keep him down in the Basement since his Wife Died, he stays down there with a Moodlet Manager and has Strength Challenge and he breaks space rocks. He has the 150 challenge and Has heart lvl 10 in Athletic and Martial Arts. He used to only be able to get about 5 Gems from a session until he got the Strength Challenge and can now get about 10 without the MM so it is a pretty good way to get Gems! Especially Pink and Soul, and Tiberium.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

maddyclyde9

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 12:27:27 PM »
Soul? Is that a gem or space rock?

Offline Calgary_Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 12:34:38 PM »
Soulpeace is a gem.  You can get it by transfiguring other gems, breaking space rocks on the board breaker, or mining.  I don't think you can just find it in the wild.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 01:12:48 PM »
So far haven't found one in the wild but make them easily with the junk gems on the Carter's.  They bring in quite a tidy amount of cash.  Are they the power source for the statue that shines and heals?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Meurix

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 02:56:15 PM »
I think I found one in the Sphinx in Egypt, next to the healing statue.

anything