Author Topic: Are you a Believer? Third time lucky? - Graveyard  (Read 31784 times)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Are you a Believer? Third time lucky? - Graveyard
« on: September 15, 2012, 05:01:58 PM »
I thought this challenge sounded extra fun so I thought I'd try it. Obviously I don't want this challenge to fail but this is my first ever attempt so we'll have to see how things go  :)

All the information below is not important because I've re-rolled Echo's traits. But I'll leave it up.

-------------------------

Founder - Echo Believer
Life State - Normal
Traits - Cat Person, Clumsy, Family-Oriented, Lucky and Party Animal
Favourites - Sushi, Electronica, Red
LTW - Animal Rescuer

Requirements

One Best Friend -
Career/professional reward objects -
Three unique oppotunities  -
Four Unique Lifetime Happiness Rewards -
Five unique regular wishes worth at least 5,000 -
Six unique Skill Challenges -
Mausoleum Piece -

-------------------------

Intro

I believe in what others don't see. I believe in the spirits that wonder our Earth, haunted by their deaths. I believe in those with fangs and ice cold blood, seeking their victims. I believe in the ones who grant wishes. I am a Believer.

My name is Echo Believer. You've never seen anyone like me, have you? No one has because I'm one of a kind. With hair as black as coal, skin as white as snow, lips as red as a rose.

I've come to this peaceful town of Sunset Valley to uncover the unknown. I am here to find the spirits.

But spirit hunting will have to wait for now. Yes, I need to seek the spirits, but I have more important business to attend to. Animal rescuing. Just think about all those poor, lost little creatures, helpless and alone. That is my lifetime goal, to rescue at least six animals.

I start this mission by adopting a horse from a shelter. I plan to train this broken animal into a powerful racing horse. His name is Metro.

I visit the library to learn riding theory. Metro is getting used to his new home at the moment.

After that, it's time for some ghost hunting! I take a walk to the graveyard on the hill. It seems more like a park than a graveyard, with children running around everywhere. This must be disturbing the spirits, I think to myself. The walk up the hill really tired me so I take a nap.

When I wake again, everyone is gone.

I'm all alone. And there is mist surrounding the graves. I get out of there as fast I can.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Are you a Believer?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 05:14:13 PM »
I really like your founder,good luck to you and metro with your dynasty.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 05:19:23 PM »
I really like your founder,good luck to you and metro with your dynasty.

Rachel

Thank you, she took a long time to perfect  :)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 06:28:48 PM »
It's great to see stories for the new Life States Dynasty getting started.  Would you mind not centering the text of your story?  It's inconsistent with the rest of the Forum and a little hard to read.  Good luck!  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 03:50:47 AM »
It's great to see stories for the new Life States Dynasty getting started.  Would you mind not centering the text of your story?  It's inconsistent with the rest of the Forum and a little hard to read.  Good luck!  :)

I didn't really like it when the text was in centre anyway. I've changed it now  :)
And thank you!
** My Stories **

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
Re: Are you a Believer? Chapter 1 - Time to Return and a Kitty!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 04:15:02 AM »
Chapter 1
Time to Return and a Kitty!

How could I run away? I know that the spirits won't harm me. I must go back.

I wait until the sun sets and then I saddle up Metro and we gallop towards the Graveyard. I am determined to meet a spirit this time.

It's empty. It's just us.
But then I feel a warmth, coming from the grave beside me. I turn and there is a ghost. A man, with hair pulled back into a ponytail.

I reach out my hand and he shakes it. It's hot but I don't react. I cannot let this spirit escape.

But before I can even ask his name, he disappears in a cloud of orange smoke.

I race out the graveyard on Metro, not even looking back.

My spirit hunting is going well. Very well. I've made contact and that's enough for now. So it's time I adopted another animal!

I've always had a soft spot for kitties. No, I take that back. I love cats. So I needed to adopt one of my own. I rang up the shelter and they told me that they had just the cat.

This is Pam.

** My Stories **

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 06:39:43 AM »
Welcome, Pam! What a fitting name for a cat.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 07:20:34 AM »
Pam even looks like some of human Pam's Dreamweaver cats...too funny.  Great job so far.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 08:13:30 AM »
Nice story! You got me interested! Bookmarked  :)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 12:11:39 PM »
A terrible tragedy has occurred. Echo started to make some waffles when she had the starving moodlet (I don't usually even let my Sims get it but she'd been at an Equestrian competition and I'd forgotten to make her eat). However, the oven burst into flames and soon the house was on fire. It lasted forever and I kept trying to make her leave the house but she kept coming back to do the panic dance. The fire was out but it was too late. My dear Echo had starved to death  :'(

I'm going to restart straight away and use the same thread (because there is hardly anything on this one so it makes sense) And this time, Echo is moving the Sunlit Tides!

I think I'm the first ever person to fail this challenge  :P
** My Stories **

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 02:08:55 PM »
Really? What a shame! :o
I really thought you were gonna say she died in the fire, but she actually died from hunger..? :(
Maybe a tip for next time... make her go to the supermarket and buy some apples or tomatoes. Always handy to have when your sim is hungry.
And I always pay close attention to my sims when they don't know how to cook yet and I had no money for a fire alarm. Oooh, now I realize, she was clumsy too, right? That didn't help of course :P
(It's a shame btw she can't continue as a ghost - she can start over as a ghost though LOL)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 02:13:07 PM »
Poor Echo.But much congratulations to you for being the first person to officially fail the challange.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 02:18:14 PM »
Really? What a shame! :o
I really thought you were gonna say she died in the fire, but she actually died from hunger..? :(
Maybe a tip for next time... make her go to the supermarket and buy some apples or tomatoes. Always handy to have when your sim is hungry.
And I always pay close attention to my sims when they don't know how to cook yet and I had no money for a fire alarm. Oooh, now I realize, she was clumsy too, right? That didn't help of course :P
(It's a shame btw she can't continue as a ghost - she can start over as a ghost though LOL)

Yeah, that's the really ironic part. But she would have been broke by the time I'd revived all the furniture so maybe it's a good thing that I can start over  :)
The only thing that I'm really sad about is the loss of the pets, especially Pam the Cat  :(
** My Stories **

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 02:19:46 PM »
Poor Echo.But much congratulations to you for being the first person to officially fail the challange.

Rachel

I'll go down in Forum history ;)
** My Stories **

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
Re: Are you a Believer? Return of the Believer!
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 03:58:50 PM »
My last attempt never even got off the ground, I'm sad to say. For those who don't know, Echo starved to death after being in a fire for too long. I think I would have started again after such a large fire because it destroyed almost everything in the house.

However, Echo did two things right. Firstly, she now starts her new journey as a different life form. But more importantly, she made me the first ever person to officially fail this challenge. Hurray!

Let's get this going again!

--------------------

Founder - Echo Believer
Life State - Purple Ghost (Death by starvation)
Traits - Cat Person, Clumsy, Family-Oriented, Lucky and Party Animal
Favourites - Sushi, Electronica, Red
LTW - Animal Rescuer

Requirements

One Best Friend -
Career/professional reward objects -
Three unique oppotunities  -
Four Unique Lifetime Happiness Rewards -
Five unique regular wishes worth at least 5,000 -
Six unique Skill Challenges -
Mausoleum Piece -

--------------------

Intro

You know me, don't you? If you've been lurking around this thread then you should. But now, I take a new form. Yes, I am one of them. I am one of the Spirits.

I have begun life once again, as a spirit. And where am I for this new life? I have moved to the beautiful island of Sunlit Tides. These islanders believe in the Lost Spirits of the Tiki and anyone who believes in the spirits is my friend. For I am a Believer and I see what the others don't.

My first task. I need to adopt one of my precious kitties. But, alas, they have only two. One that is nearing death and one which is newborn. I decide to take the kitten because he his young, ready to start his life, not end it. His name is Metro.

His name brings back painful memories of my dear horse, whom I rode proudly when I was alive. But I need to move on from that. I need to make a new start. And hopefully this will be my last.
** My Stories **

anything