Author Topic: Sargeant Random Town Jump - MOVE TO GRAVEYARD  (Read 10132 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Sargeant Random Town Jump - MOVE TO GRAVEYARD
« on: September 10, 2012, 04:45:58 PM »
There's another Random Town Jump coming your way. The Rules are Here

I like the Random Town Jump because it helps prevent (some of) the glitches that a long, one town, generational game can have. After losing my Loving Legacy, I just had to start a new game. I will be using the "Top Names of 1999" as the baby naming convention.

Since I have all the towns, there will be twelve generations. Here are the towns in order of random roll:

1. Twinbrook
2. Bridgeport
3. Appaloosa Plains
4. Lunar Lakes
5. Moonlight Falls
6. Starlight Shores
7. Lucky Palms
8. Barnacle Bay
9. Sunlit Tides
10. Hidden Springs
11. Sunset Valley
12. Riverview

Meet our Founders.

Bobby Sargeant: Brave, Hot-Headed, Perceptive, Kleptomaniac, Friendly.

Scout Sargeant: Perfectionist, Daredevil, Perceptive, Ambitious, Computer Whiz

This being Twinbrook, they're not the most beautiful people in the world. But they will do.

This is their house.

The first order of business is to get started on Generation 2. They are both 14 days until they are elders so there is no time to waste. And, there were chimes! You all know what that means.

Bobby decided he didn't want to be in the military anymore and changed careers to law enforcement.

Isn't she a pretty one? Ugh! but the peashooter got her.

Neither Bobby nor Scout are bookworms. Still, they both like to read. I think the strange lighting is because of the full moon.

This is baby Emily. She rolled the Lifetime Wish of Illustrious Author. Her traits at birth are Artistic and Loner.

Emily has her toddler birthday. She has her mom's big blue eyes but...poor baby, her dad's face shape. Maybe she'll look better as she ages.

She has to learn her toddler skills as soon as possible because both Bobby and Scout will be going back to work soon. Too bad babysitters don't help with training, huh?

Until next time when Emily becomes a child and a cutie...maybe?

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: Sargeant Random Town Jump
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 04:56:56 PM »
Woo hoo, another Town jump!  I think I'm going to start one myself, if you don't mind.  Good job with the Seargents.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Sargeant Random Town Jump
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 04:58:34 PM »
Thank you, simfulicious! Of course I don't mind if you do! I'm quite flattered actually.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 05:50:21 PM »
Yay! Same reaction as simfulicious. I might actually try one, too. But I don't know if I'd write about it.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 06:32:20 PM »
Yay, you're back!

The random town jump is such a great idea. Loved your last one and will be following.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 10:18:49 PM »
I was so excited when I saw this!  ;D I love your writing Jude, so I'm just thrilled you're doing another story. I love Twinbrook and I'm really looking forward to the new towns too (Sunlit Tides, Moonlight Falls).

Isn't she a pretty one? Ugh! but the peashooter got her.

Charmaine! What did they do to you:o

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 12:13:20 AM »
Oh wow, you guys! Thank you so much! I'm very flattered :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 12:16:17 PM »
I just posted on your rules post after reading the Crosby story.  I'm so glad you're posting another!  I am totally starting one of my own!  Maybe not write about it (I'm not a great writer :D).  I posted questions there, I'll post them here as well.

How do you move from town to town? Mods used? Or save to bin... whats lost when you do it this way, skills? friendships? LTW points? anything? (I've never moved my sims from town to town)

How do you randomize towns?

How do you randomize LTW as babies?

Can't wait to read more!

:)

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 12:27:22 PM »
I just posted on your rules post after reading the Crosby story.  I'm so glad you're posting another!  I am totally starting one of my own!  Maybe not write about it (I'm not a great writer :D).  I posted questions there, I'll post them here as well.

How do you move from town to town? Mods used? Or save to bin... whats lost when you do it this way, skills? friendships? LTW points? anything? (I've never moved my sims from town to town)

How do you randomize towns?

How do you randomize LTW as babies?

Can't wait to read more!

I answered a couple questions on the Crosby thread. I use the same iPad app for randomizing towns as I do LTWs. If you don't have an iPad, you can use (I think it's called) Randomizer.org. I have also used an Excel spreadsheet to randomize.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 01:13:05 PM »
I answered a couple questions on the Crosby thread. I use the same iPad app for randomizing towns as I do LTWs. If you don't have an iPad, you can use (I think it's called) Randomizer.org. I have also used an Excel spreadsheet to randomize.

Would this app be available on the iPhone? I like the look of this.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 01:15:15 PM »
Would this app be available on the iPhone? I like the look of this.

I just checked and it is. It's called Random Master.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 01:26:09 PM »
WOW I can actually set this up with LTR, LTW, etc. I'm going to see about this little beauty and maybe use it in all my games. Thanks Judewright

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 01:31:50 PM »
You are very welcome :)

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 04:28:26 PM »
This is the perfect little "challenge" I need to get back into simming. I just read through the Crosby story and I am excited about this one. It inspires me to build and to play in the towns I never touch.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 05:54:15 PM »

Thanks for the answers on the other thread!  I don't have iPad/Phone  so I'll try Randomizer.org.  If not I'll just follow you through your towns.  I might leave the LTW until the Sim grows into a adult, or roles one, based on randomizing traits (see how that works)

can't wait to read more!

anything