Author Topic: Strange Experiences?  (Read 11121 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: Strange Experiences?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 01:16:47 PM »
How could your game swear at you?  :o ???
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 01:24:31 PM »
It may just be a matter of semantics, but it was when my ghostbuster Sam did one of the rabbithole jobs, and as he finished the job, the tab said something about the ghosts being 'little b*ggers' (my asterix; if anyone feels further alteration is needed, go ahead and modify this post), which admittedly isn't the 'worst' swear word in the world, but it did use to mean something very dodgy! My mum told me off when I was about 7 for saying it, so it's a mild swear word as far as I'm concerned. I didn't get offended when I read it, I just started laughing because I wasn't expecting to see that at all.

My game also had an amusing typo for 'farce' which made me lol as well.
Grr Argh!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mrs.Laphalot

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 10:27:51 PM »
Oh Sarah, I didn't know that  :o  I'm a player moderator on an online mmorpg game I play and that word has always been starred out due to the censor and I always wondered why. Now I know.  :P

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 11:24:30 AM »
Once then it sounded like one of my Sims said a very bad word when he hurt his finger making Mac and Cheese.  :o :o :o
Formerly Simstar3

Leto85

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 03:12:32 PM »
Once then it sounded like one of my Sims said a very bad word when he hurt his finger making Mac and Cheese.  :o :o :o

That makes me curious. Which word? I know you can't name it, but you could use a word that rimes. I'm sure you're creative enough being a writer. ;)

I am encountering a strange thing right now btw. I was going to quit the game (I do that some times), but the game don't let me. Saving, saving, saving. And saving. :( I wonder what is going wrong. Is this kind of a freezing saving?

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 03:21:51 PM »
That makes me curious. Which word? I know you can't name it, but you could use a word that rimes. I'm sure you're creative enough being a writer. ;)
Truck.
Formerly Simstar3

Leto85

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 03:27:48 PM »
Truck.

hehehe, I believe I've heard that to. And than I was like: 'What the truck?' :P

Once my sim was constantly saying Au while 'sculpting' stone. It sounds pretty weird in 3 times fast-forward.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »
All right, even with your euphemisms this comes dangerously close to naming the word. We all know what it is, so don't try to fool the system. ;)
No cursing.

I am encountering a strange thing right now btw. I was going to quit the game (I do that some times), but the game don't let me. Saving, saving, saving. And saving. :( I wonder what is going wrong. Is this kind of a freezing saving?
It sounds a little weird, but if your game freezes again I would suggest you to bring it up in the Technical Help section.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 07:25:45 PM »
Sorry!  :( :( :(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 12:24:46 AM »
Swede is an excellent Moderator.  Thank you, Swede!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 03:00:30 AM »
No, in that case I'm sorry. I sort of challenged Simstar3 to this. Although that's the wrong word for it.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 03:47:38 AM »
Sorry!  :( :( :(
No, in that case I'm sorry. I sort of challenged Simstar3 to this. Although that's the wrong word for it.
Don't worry you two; it happens to the best of us.

Swede is an excellent Moderator.  Thank you, Swede!
Thanks! Appreciate it. :)

Speaking of being a moderator; the minute I wrote that I became afraid it might draw this off-topic, so no more mention of it in this thread, OK? Let's go back to the strange stuff! ;D
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 01:41:47 PM »
Oh Sarah, I didn't know that  :o  I'm a player moderator on an online mmorpg game I play and that word has always been starred out due to the censor and I always wondered why. Now I know.  :P

In all honesty, I think it's a very British swear, I've never heard of any other country using it. On Buffy the Vampire Slayer Joss Whedon would always add in British swear words for Spike to say and the American censors let them pass by ^^ Probably explains why the BBC used to cut it when it was shown at 6 o'clock.

How did the Grim Reaper issue get resolved?
Grr Argh!

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2010, 05:28:09 PM »
How did the Grim Reaper issue get resolved?
I have no idea. :-\
I just kinda forgot about it and made a mental note never to look at him again. :)
I assume it's still valid (there hasn't been any patch since then, has it?).

Personally, I solved it by roll-backing my save game, but I would never have him move in with me again. It's actually a glitch that becomes boring after a while.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2010, 04:04:08 AM »
The other day my gang was in Shang Simla.  Kids were gathering gems/stones, new hubby was learning everything, some folks were doing the Sim Fu stuff.  But elderly dad was talking to one of the vendors trying to convince him to give him a key or something.  All of a sudden in mid-sentence he runs away full tilt to the next vendor and slaps him around till he's dizzy, then goes back to placidly chatting with the first vendor!  He's not aggressive at all normally, has no traits, like grumpy to cause this outburst.  It was kind of funny to see him not only smack this guy for no apparent reason but then to run back to vendor number one and take up where he left off.  Laughed so hard at this one.  I'd sure like to know what could have caused it and whether anyone else has had a Sim do this.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything