Author Topic: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (COMPLETED)  (Read 194081 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Jan 26)
« Reply #285 on: January 29, 2013, 09:21:44 PM »
Chapter Four – New Loves

Dear Aurelia,

Congratulations on getting married! I’m sure you and Beppe will be very happy together.

I’m in the Army now. I’m not behind a cow? I’ll never get rich by digging a ditch (or cleaning a latrine). I’m in the Army now. Well, you get the picture.

The base is so far away that I decided to get a faster broom. Wish I had access to a spaceship like you!

Regarding my love life – I went to a party the other evening and discovered that Hanson is now a vampire. Although Dad can make an elixir to cure him, I’m afraid that’s put an end to our relationship. I know Dad used to be a vampire, too, but he was born that way, it wasn’t a choice he made.

I never had a romantic relationship with Hanson, so we’re still best friends. And I didn’t have to break up with him when I got involved with Perry. Perry’s in the Army, like me, and he wants to be an Astronaut, too. We had a long talk about space exploration the other night.

Perry also confided that he’s a coward. He joined the Army because he hoped it might make him braver.

Luke had his birthday the same day I started working. It was really sweet that Mom showed up to wish him well. (Dad is wearing his career outfit. I never knew that alchemists wore derbies.)

We both graduated on the same day. I was named Class Valedictorian and Most Likely to Have a Large Family. Luke was named Most Likely to Write a Best-Seller.

I’ve taken up inventing in order to generate some black ops and also put together a collection of widgets.

So far, I’ve been electrocuted once…

…and set on fire twice, with only a floor hygienator to show for it.

I think I’ll make a collection of butterflies instead.

Luke has decided to become a professional painter, but he’s also writing a series of children’s books (Goodnight, Phobos; Goodnight, Deimos; etc.) so that my child can do something with writing. He’s so sweet. That’s why I’m glad he decided to get involved with my best friend Bridgette Lancaster.

I’m not sure what happened between him and Latonya. I asked him, and he said “Nothing.” Maybe that was the problem. Whatever, he and Bridgette are married now.

Bridgette has moved in with us. She’s changed her hair style. I have to say that not everyone, indeed hardly anyone, can wear her hair like this, but it suits her.

She got a new wardrobe, too, reflecting her favorite color, orange. Here’s her everyday outfit for summer.

I suspect she’s going to be wearing maternity clothes pretty soon now. The question is, will I become an aunt before you become a mother? Love, Diana
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Jan 29)
« Reply #286 on: January 29, 2013, 11:03:44 PM »
I swear all of those useless hairstyles just sit there and then one day, behold, here comes a Sim that can pull it off.  Except for base game female hats.  Those suck.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Jan 29)
« Reply #287 on: February 02, 2013, 04:19:17 PM »
Chapter Five – Birthdays

Dear Aurelia,

Virgil looks like a delightful little fellow. I’m an aunt now, but I won’t say any more until I get to the end of my letter (or maybe the middle – no cheating!)

I’ve been making good progress on my requirements. I’ve reached the 4th level of the military and have repaired 10 plumbing and 10 electrical items.  I decided to treat myself to a date with Perry and a snow cone at the Summer Festival.

When I got home, I spent the rest of the afternoon swimming. It’s incredibly annoying that the paparazzi is so much better at diving than I am, but I guess that’s to be expected since he spends so much time in the pool. I’m not really complaining though – better he swims than hangs around the front door waiting for a photograph.

Speaking of photographs, Mom somehow arranged to send a photo booth to Luke and Bridgette when they got married. We’ve all been having fun with it. Here’s my dad’s photos.

Here’s mine:

And here are Luke and Bridgette:

The two of them found another use for the photo booth

Bridgette and Luke both hope for a little girl. I think Bridgette wants a child with musical talent as well.

Dad became an elder last night. He didn’t like the back pain, but he’s happy with his new wardrobe.

Everyday:

Formal:

Pajamas:

And winterwear:

Bridgette decided to go swimming just before she had the baby, which sounds like a sensible thing to do when it’s hot and you’re carrying an extra 20 pounds. Luke was outside shooing away a pesky raccoon.

She told him to quit carrying on and make himself useful by cleaning up the garbage. Luke’s pretty intelligent, so he did what she said. The next thing we knew, Shelley had joined the family. She’s a virtuoso and excitable.

I’m so envious of you and Bridgette, but I know I have to wait. They probably wouldn’t let me take a nooboo up in space.

Best of luck, Diana

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Feb 2)
« Reply #288 on: February 02, 2013, 11:22:01 PM »
I like Weston's new wardrobe a lot. Congratulations to Diana for doing so well on her requirements, and to Luke and Bridgette on the new baby!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

SimBlip

« Reply #289 on: February 09, 2013, 10:49:29 PM »
Welcome, Shelley!
As Ombradellarosa said : Diana is really doing well! :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #290 on: February 12, 2013, 11:10:24 PM »
Chapter Six – Dancing

Dear Aurelia,

Perry had a party the other night and invited me over. I have to confess that, aside from seeing him, I also wanted to check out the house that I might be living in, knock on wood. It’s somewhat similar to ours, but will need to have a nursery added.

Anyway, as soon as I arrived, Perry pulled me into the kitchen for a dance.

He even spun me around.

And we ended with a kiss. Believe me, the prospect of marriage is a great incentive for finishing all my tasks.

I went to bed as soon as I returned from the party, but was awakened in the middle of the night by some strange noises. Dad and Mom were dueling with each other.

The next morning I asked Dad what it was all about. He said they were dueling for the right to the rocking chair, but really it was just to have fun. All that witchery got him fired up, and he decided to take on the weatherstone and see what he could accomplish.

Even though he made a valiant effort, it wasn’t quite enough.

He had to wait until the next day before he could try again. The next day happened to be Shelley’s birthday. She’s been a darling baby, ready to gurgle and coo whenever you pick her up.

But I’m afraid Bridgette has found her more of a chore than a pleasure, probably because she and Shelley run on completely different schedules.

After Shelley had her birthday, both she and Bridgette went back to bed, and I went off to work. Dad then suggested to Luke that the two of them “have a go” at the weatherstone.

Luke doesn’t have as much power as Dad, but the little he added was enough to bring on a full-fledged rainstorm.

When they returned home, they found Bridgette dancing (and singing) in the rain.

It’s a glorious feeling, she said, and she gave Shelley a big hug when she got her up from her nap.

So remember, Aurelia – when you feel a little tired, or depressed, or worried about finishing your requirements – try dancing (and singing) in the rain. Love, Diana

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Feb 12)
« Reply #291 on: February 12, 2013, 11:21:06 PM »
What a glorious feeling, she's happy again! ;)

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

« Reply #292 on: February 13, 2013, 12:29:48 AM »
Perry obviously sees only sunshine with Diana around.
I loved the weatherstone action! :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #293 on: February 17, 2013, 06:24:33 PM »
Chapter Seven – Cuteness

Dear Aurelia,

Virgil is a fine little fellow, and I just want to pick him up and give him a snuggle. But I think – being totally unbiased, of course – that nobody can beat our Shelley for cuteness. Here she is, getting ready to complain because no one has brought her food yet.

Have you ever seen anything so adorable? (Okay, you have, you will – I should stop gushing already.)

You can’t stop me from sending pictures, however. Here I’m teaching her how to walk.

Here Luke is working on potty-training.

I have to say one of the advantages of being an aunt as opposed to a parent is that you get to play with the baby while its parent cleans out the potty.

Dad took over talking, explaining that there was a difference between bad publicity and good publicity, no matter what people said.

Bridgette has been reading to her.

But Shelley is basically self-taught on the xylophone.

I don’t want you to think it’s all work and no play for our toddler. Her favorite toy is the dog that I made her. (Its legs move back and forth, but you can’t see that in the picture.)

And she looks so dismayed when she makes it disappear that you just want to give her a big hug.

I can’t wait till I get one of my own, but of course a girl can move only so fast. I’ve done a couple more upgrades, including fixing the doorbell to sound appropriate for Spooky Day, which is coming up.

And I’ve been cruising through promotions, although it looks like I’m going to have to work on my athletic skill some more. I’ve been avoiding working out, not wanting to risk maxing the skill that my mother super-maxed.

Anyway, Perry has been appointed as my C.O. (that’s military-speak for Commanding Officer), and the other day he called me into his office. “Wingwoman Cottoneye!” he barked. “Are you aware that the level of your athletic skill is totally unacceptable for your rank?”

“Yes, sir!” I barked back. I didn’t want to look at his face because I was afraid I might do something unprofessional like start flirting with him, so I looked down at the desk instead. I can read upside down, so I saw that he had this whole interrogation written out, ending with “Wingwoman Cottoneye, what do you intend to do about this situation?” Well, I almost started giggling, so I pressed my lips together very hard to keep from laughing.

Perry, poor lamb, thought I was trying not to cry, so he said, “Look, it’s no big deal, sweetie, just try to step it up a bit, okay?” Which made me want to giggle even more, so I just nodded and fled. I did stop at the door and salute, but I just couldn't say anything.

It turns out that although Mom was a great athlete, she never got any athletic opportunities, so I was able to do The Complete Circuit, and add it to my black ops.

I’ve improved my diving, too, and did a beautiful double somersault (or whatever it’s called) the other day.

Unfortunately, the paparazzi who has always photographed my ungraceful entries into the pool was nowhere to be seen. Instead, he was at the front of the house, flirting with our other paparazzi. I didn’t think they were allowed to do that.

I’d call and report them, but their editor would probably cover up the story, and it would just make them mad. Besides, I think it’s kind of cute.

I’ve been thinking about the future, and even though I really wish we could send Shelley to the same university as Virgil, it looks like it’s not going to happen. Besides, they’d probably fall in love with completely different people anyway.

Glad to hear that Qusul returned. Love, Diana

P.S. After my meeting with Perry, I was promoted to Fighter Pilot. Only three more promotions to go!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Feb 17)
« Reply #294 on: February 18, 2013, 10:31:21 PM »
That was such a cute story about Perry and Diana! It made me laugh and sigh. I agree being an aunt is better, you can give the little monsters back!

By samoht04

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #295 on: February 19, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
Perry wrote down what to say? That's too funny!  ;D
The two flirting paparazzis might just want to lull Diana into a false sense of security.
Maybe I should think about buying showtime...I really am jealous of all of you having the photo booth.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #296 on: February 19, 2013, 05:16:49 PM »
maisie, I think there's a photo booth and pool table coming with University, in case you're planning on getting that.

SimBlip

« Reply #297 on: February 20, 2013, 12:37:39 AM »
Utterly cute - from Shelley to Perry and Diana! Loved it! :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #298 on: February 20, 2013, 02:28:05 PM »
Chapter Eight – Time Passes

Dear Aurelia,

First of all, please tell Aunt Mercy CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is an awesome accomplishment.

But don’t worry – you and I will be completing our requirements, too. In fact (said she, modestly), I’ve managed to supermax handiness, and I had a paparazzi on hand to document the achievement. I don’t know why she was dressed like a zombie; I almost felt sorry for her.

I’ve been promoted again as well, and now get driven to work in something a lot faster than the clunker they sent when I was cleaning latrines.

Work can be stressful sometimes, so I unwind with one of the objects I bought in order to upgrade. The first time I tried it, it threw me off.

After I upgraded its inertial stabilizers (and set it at a lower speed), I had a much smoother ride.

Even though it was expensive, the plasmatron was a good buy. I plan to try going through the dimensional gate over the weekend. The karaoke machine, however, I’m not so sure about.

“And I-I-I will always love you-oo-oo…”

How can you tell your best friend and sister-in-law that she is not, and never will be, the next Whitney Houston? I used to love that song.

I could try telling her that she’s so great on the guitar (which she is) that she really doesn’t need to sing.

Or maybe I could say that after a certain age, the pipes just aren’t the same. Unfortunately, Bridgette is already going through a mid-life crisis, so maybe that’s not a great idea.

Or maybe I could just not have time to repair the karaoke machine.

I have a few last shots of Shelley being cute. Dad took her out in her stroller the other day, but it was so windy that he decided to walk in front.

Then he decided that she needed to be more bundled up and got a hat for her.

By then, it was naptime for both of them, and the next day, by the time Shelley had been fed and gone potty, it was so warm that she didn’t need her coat.

And the day after that, she had her birthday.

Gray is not really a great color for her (why she likes it, I’ll never know), but if you pair it with a warmer color, she looks okay.

Everyday

Formal

Nightwear

Athletic

Outerwear

That's all for now, Love, Diana

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Feb 20)
« Reply #299 on: February 20, 2013, 07:36:52 PM »
Aww, Shelley is so cute! Happy birthday!

By samoht04

anything