Author Topic: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (COMPLETED)  (Read 194079 times)

SimBlip

Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Dec 16)
« Reply #240 on: December 16, 2012, 09:25:14 PM »
Artemis and Weston are thriving!
Diana is super cute. I hope she does look like Betty.
It's awesome when original townies pass their genes on.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #241 on: December 17, 2012, 03:42:27 AM »
Diana does look like she takes after the Simovitch side of the family, and Betty is a very pretty sim so i'm sure she will be too.

You have great timing with your pictures, the ones of Weston holding a smelly Diana are priceless  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #242 on: December 22, 2012, 11:11:08 PM »
Chapter Seven – Not so Easy Times

Dear Mercy,

Just when I was missing the wildlife of Riverview, what should show up in our yard but a deer! He was cross because we had a fence around our garden with a locked gate. We lock it to keep out the zombies, but I guess the deer would be just as destructive.

Diana has been playing with the toy you sent her. The label says its name is Boinky, but she mostly calls it Gah.

Her other favorite toy is a little horse, which she sends into the ether…

…and pulls back again.

Luke hasn’t been playing with his toy at all, but that’s because he can’t sit up yet.

Weston had an interesting experience last night. He succeeded in magically upgrading a toilet to be self-cleaning. Flush with his success, he decided to clean the whole house – which was already pretty clean to begin with. The result was chaos.

He managed to break two sinks, two showers, two computers, a toilet and the dishwasher. He also filled the yard with garbage, made the food in the refrigerator go bad, and caused Witchitty the bird to make a mess on its stand. We had to replace several pieces of furniture and a couple of rugs. The kitchen was a disaster area.

I was so mad that I put Weston on baby-changing detail for the rest of his natural life.

Diana was upset, too.

Weston says we should look on the bright side. We now have plenty of things for Diana to work on when it’s time for her to supermax handiness. And we’re finally going to get $125 worth of work out of the maid.

A word of warning, Mercy -- if you get the chance to do a restoration ritual, don't. Give Aurelia a hug for me, Love, Artemis.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Dec 22)
« Reply #243 on: December 22, 2012, 11:48:01 PM »
Diana's a cutie! Can't wait to see her all aged up.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #244 on: December 23, 2012, 05:51:45 AM »
Whoa..! I didn't know that could happen. I feel bad for the maid!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #245 on: December 23, 2012, 07:11:46 AM »
I imagine that's what happens when it fails due to too low energy, magic, what have you. Well I'll keep it in mine when I want to SuperMax Handiness!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

SimBlip

« Reply #246 on: December 23, 2012, 08:31:26 AM »
...He succeeded in magically upgrading a toilet to be self-cleaning. Flush with his success... Call me childish, but this will have me giggling for the rest of the day.
Woah! Who would have thought that magic could be this destructive?  :o It's absolutely brilliant for a handiness supermax!
Great update!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #247 on: December 25, 2012, 11:39:01 AM »
Chapter Eight – Greetings

Dear Mercy,

Greetings from the Cottoneye family! It took some doing, but we actually managed to get everyone to a photographer without any tantrums over food or potty accidents.

Witchitty couldn’t be in the picture, but he sends greetings, too. I taught him how to say “sul sul.”

As you probably guessed from the picture, Luke is now a toddler. He’s learned how to walk.

And he can even talk to Diana about things like rocks and exercise.

Diana managed to learn everything a toddler can learn – except how to read. But she enjoyed the books even if she couldn’t see all of their pages.

I don’t know where the time went, but Diana had a birthday and turned into a child.

Her favorite color is red, and she insisted on modeling all her new clothes except for everyday.

Here’s her dress-up outfit:

Nightgown:

Athletic:

Swimwear:

And Outerwear:

The first thing she wanted to do was to go through the Haunted House like her cousin Aurelia. She was attacked by a mummy, but she said she wasn’t scared.

Weston has started tutoring her, as she’ll have only four days to make the honor roll.

She also enjoys playing with blocks, and we got her a dollhouse as well.

As for me, I’m starting to feel the effects of all those falls I took as an acrobat.

We get very pretty sunsets – and moonrises – here in Lucky Palms. I think of you whenever I see the moon. Love, Artemis

SimBlip

Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Dec 25)
« Reply #248 on: December 25, 2012, 10:18:22 PM »
Diana is a very pretty child. Her eyebrows give her an inquisitive look.
I wonder whether Luke will look like his grandma Betty too.
When I saw Artimis as an elder, it suddenly dawned on me that she will pass over one day, while Mercy will not.
It made the beautiful ending of this letter all the more poignant.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #249 on: December 26, 2012, 08:21:20 PM »
Diana is a beautiful child, and luke a handsome toddler. I love how the letters cover large amounts of time, while still being detailed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #250 on: December 27, 2012, 04:25:39 PM »
Chapter Nine – Dreams

Dear Mercy,
   I’m so sorry to hear about Carlo. It seems as if the two of you had hardly any time together, as if it was only yesterday you wrote and told me you were married. I know it’s not much consolation, but you will always have his portraits to remember him by, and perhaps he’ll come around occasionally as a ghost.

Weston and I have little news. He’s managed to achieve the lifetime wish of Renaissance Sim, maximizing the skills of bass, alchemy, and logic. I’ve been promoted(?) to Toddler Sports Coach. I hope someday to actually play for the Llamas, but my age is against me.

The rest of my letter will be devoted to children. We gave a make-over to Diana’s bedroom with a new desk and bookshelf, all in her favorite color.

We bought her a costume chest, too, so she can play at being an astronaut.

This is all she talks about and even dreams about – the stars…

…spacemen…

…and, of course, aliens. She’s been thrilled to hear that her Aunt Mercy actually met one. She wants to meet one herself someday, preferably on its home planet.

Weston got our little space cadet to sit still by reminding her that astronauts have to study math and make the honor roll.

He also bribed her with a treehouse complete with UFO.

Diana is also a conscientious big sister, giving Luke his bottle when he’s hungry.

She has taught him how to play peek-a-boo.

It took him a while to understand the principle.

Once he caught on, he applied it to his toys. Now you see the tank…

Now you don’t.

Today Luke had his birthday. He’s turned out to be quite a handsome young lad and has inherited my hair color, blue streaks and all.

He’ll start school tomorrow, following his big sister. The house will seem very quiet when they’re gone.
Take care and write soon! With love and a big hug, Artemis

P.S. With Diana’s interest in space, I’d been wishing we’d moved to Lunar Lakes for her benefit. But since getting your letter, I’ve been wishing that we lived in Monte Vista, to be close to you.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Dec 27)
« Reply #251 on: December 27, 2012, 09:11:57 PM »
Luke has aged into an even handsomer child and Dianas room looks great. I think it would be a great idea if they moved to Lunar Lakes.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #252 on: December 27, 2012, 09:19:09 PM »
Luke has aged into an even handsomer child and Dianas room looks great. I think it would be a great idea if they moved to Lunar Lakes.

They already moved once - I doubt Marian wants to move them again so soon.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #253 on: December 27, 2012, 09:30:13 PM »
I haven't commented in a while, but the kids are fantastic-looking. Weston definitely has some great original townie genes on him.

Oh, and the look on Luke's face when his toy disappears is just priceless. :D

SimBlip

« Reply #254 on: December 27, 2012, 10:34:13 PM »
Oh! Artemis... your little ones are doing so well. Maybe, they can make your dreams come true and rejoin Auntie Mercy in Monte Vista. :)

anything