Author Topic: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (COMPLETED)  (Read 194073 times)

SimBlip

Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Nov 27)
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2012, 10:50:04 AM »
And SimBlip, we get deer regularly in our back yard, but yes, it is a small wonder. Even though we've lived here for 6 years, we still go to the window to watch.

Lucky you!
On Chapter 11: I'm so glad Chase managed to get all requirements done in time. I can just imagine, how scary his stint as a detective must have been. Double congratultions for that move and THE move! :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Nov 27)
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2012, 04:00:15 PM »
Chapter Twelve – Maybe it’s Something in the Water

I was a little surprised to learn that Sarah really was the girl next door. The last I knew, she, her sister, and Odin Crosby lived in a fairly commodious household on the other side of town. The last I knew, Mary Kay Shallow was our neighbor. This just goes to show that I would make a lousy private investigator. I rejoined the music career the first thing next morning.

Anyway, the layout and size of my new house is very similar to that of the house I just moved out of. There are some differences. The second floor has a small conservatory off the master bedroom.

The first floor has a separate dining room. I’m thinking about joining the house to the garage when the weather improves and we have a little more money.

Sarah’s lifetime wish is to become a Chess Grandmaster. We spent the first day of our marriage building up her skill so that she could start taking on opponents.

Sarah also decided to get a different hairstyle and to find some new clothes. I think she may have touched up the color a bit, too. I heard her muttering about that “ugly greeny-brown.”

She spent the second day of our marriage being sick. I suggested she get a flu shot at the hospital, but she just gave me a look and said that flu shots wouldn’t work on what she had.

By the next day, even I was aware that she didn’t have the flu. Grace came over to check her out. We thought about asking if she knew what sex the baby was, but decided we wanted to wait until Sarah had eaten all the watermelons she bought at the store. Even though both of us knew she was pregnant, those first labor pains took us by surprise.

Sarah let out a shriek, but I stayed calm and collected. (Pay no attention to that picture. I had to pretend to be panic-stricken so that Sarah wouldn’t think I wasn’t taking the situation seriously enough.)

The result was a darling baby girl, whom we named Artemis. We can tell already that she’s going to be athletic and a lover of the outdoors.

And that her favorite color is pink. I can’t help wondering if there’s something in the water here in Riverview. Great-grandmother Constance liked pink, and so did grandmother Elaine. My mother’s favorite color was pink. Ditto for Betty Simovitch. Ditto for Sarah. There are other colors available – like green. But I don’t mind. She’s the cutest nooboo that ever was – yes, she is, yes, she is.

Sarah had a plate of waffles that I made. They weren’t high quality or anything, but Sarah said anything would taste good after all those watermelons. I’m not sure that was a compliment.

This evening Sarah suggested we try and have another baby. “Are you sure?” I asked. “What about the vomiting? What about the backaches? What about the frumpy clothing? What about the labor pains?”

She pulled me into the shower. She was sure.

Peace, Chase Cottoneye
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Nov 28)
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »
There is so much to like about this chapter!
Chase's pretend at panic mode was funny. As was the appreciation for his waffles.
I like Sarah's new look.
Artemis! *facepalm* All I could think of was Diana.
Congratulations on your little huntress, Chase and Sarah!  :D

Anna33

« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2012, 05:27:45 PM »
Artemis is such a cute name.
Does it mean Hunter in any language, because all the other heirs do and it doesn't sound like a normal name, but still its really a cute name.?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2012, 05:38:04 PM »
Artemis is the goddess of the hunt, so it fits.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2012, 05:48:11 PM »
I should have known this story would be as good of a read as it is! (Having read your Dynasty attempts.)

I will definitely be following this story.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2012, 05:19:46 PM »
Chapter Thirteen – Baby Love

Sarah wrote the first batch of thank-you notes, so she insisted that I do the second while she went upstairs to take a nap. Even though Artemis was the easiest baby imaginable, we still had to get up in the middle of the night.

But I discovered there was another reason for Sarah’s sleepiness – she was pregnant again.

I realized there was no way we would have room for two children in the house – we barely had room for one tiny baby – so as soon as spring came, I caused a new room to be added on to the house.

It probably looks a little strange to have a room over the driveway, but there was no way to add a door to a first floor addition without redoing the kitchen. I finished the addition just in time for Artemis to have her birthday.

She became a toddler at midnight of a full moon, with werewolves howling and zombies devouring the plants that weren’t locked away in a walled garden.

She inherited my black hair and Sarah’s blue eyes, which you can’t see at all because she’s squinting in this picture of her in her snowsuit.

You can’t see her eyes in this picture, either. I hope she doesn’t inherit her mother’s temper.

The next thing I knew, we had a new addition of a different kind – Mercy. Her favorite color is grey.

Artemis and Mercy aren’t the only little ones we’ve seen, however. Sarah and I decided to stay home on Love Day so I could spend time teaching Artemis how to walk. Sarah wanted to work on becoming a Chess Legend, so she invited her next chess opponent over. It turned out to be Betty Simovitch.

And Betty brought Weston with her. It’s quite obvious inherited more than his hair coloring from his father.

When I told Sarah that I feared he would grow up to be a vampire, she said not to worry, she would probably be able to concoct a cure for him. And if she couldn’t, someone else could. What did she mean? I asked. She told me to go and put Artemis to bed.

Artemis had a funny look on her face when I went in to pick her up.

It was nothing compared to the look that I had when she made her toy appear again. And disappear. And reappear. Yes. we have a little witch.

Peace? Chase Cottoneye

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Nov 29)
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2012, 05:23:08 PM »
You better find a cure for Weston because he's so cute! He'll be a perfect spouse.

I love this dynasty. Chase is a great narrator.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2012, 05:32:41 PM »
This sounds like a very Supernatural generation, no?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

SimBlip

« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2012, 03:54:04 PM »
I love the idea that little Artemis has supernatural powers. Is her mama a witch too?
Welcome, Mercy! I think I just 'cottoned on' to your benign naming theme for spare children. Very sweet!
And so happy that the family is thriving! :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2012, 04:21:05 PM »
Yes, Sarah became a witch shortly before they got married. My naming rules -- boy heirs get foreign translations of "hunter," girl heirs, goddesses associated with hunting; spares -- virtues, or former maiden names (except Peter -- I couldn't pass up Peter Cottoneye).

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #191 on: November 30, 2012, 07:13:49 PM »
You have a witch! This will make the story so much more interesting!

SimBlip

« Reply #192 on: November 30, 2012, 07:32:53 PM »
...except Peter -- I couldn't pass up Peter Cottoneye...

You tickled my curiosity there. I found the lyrics to the Cottoneye Joe song, but there's no direct hint at a Peter Cottoneye. I know there was an issue of marital nature between Joy, Jeff and Peter... but it seemed very small and easily corrected. I think that I'm on the wrong track and hope you will enlighten me? :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #193 on: November 30, 2012, 08:34:32 PM »
Peter Cottontail -- Peter Cottoneye (I guess I should have given him the bunny pajamas but that seemed too obvious.)

SimBlip

« Reply #194 on: November 30, 2012, 08:51:34 PM »
Peter Cottontail -- Peter Cottoneye (I guess I should have given him the bunny pajamas but that seemed too obvious.)

Hehehe! You got me... in hindsight it seems obvious, but I just didn't see it. Thanks for explaining!  ;D