Author Topic: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (COMPLETED)  (Read 194027 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (September 29)
« Reply #390 on: September 30, 2013, 12:00:49 PM »
Verity's hair came with Midnight Hollow.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

SimBlip

« Reply #391 on: September 30, 2013, 08:23:22 PM »
Well, Sedna sounds rather matter-of-fact... I'm sure she misses daddy Wooden as we all do.
And Tyler... good to see a zombie in this story again. I'm sure he'll be cured soon. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #392 on: October 11, 2013, 08:26:35 AM »
I am loving this! Especially the overlap with the relatives in Monte Vista
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #393 on: October 11, 2013, 06:27:08 PM »
R.I.P. Woden :( I just caught up and I love the way you write, the letters between your stories are just genius!
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #394 on: October 25, 2013, 10:17:49 AM »
Chapter Three -- Prom and Beyond

Dear Claudia,

It was really great to hear from you, although I was very sorry to hear about Basil. It's bad enough when someone dies, but to have someone just disappear must be awful. Verity and I agree that we're both lucky to have a memorial for Dad.

We even get to see his ghost from time to time.

I'm tempted to say, "What's new with you?" but your letters have been so full of information that I don't know where to start. Congratulations on graduating, glad the rest of the family is okay, being a doctor sounds very challenging, and time travel -- wow! I'm envious that you actually have the portal at your front door; the one for our town is over by the Art Gallery. But I'm a little sad to hear that cooking has apparently been replaced by food synthesizing and that your restaurant is run by Plumbots. If I go to Oasis Landing, it will just be as a tourist.

One big piece of news is that Mom decided to quit being a mermaid. She said that once she became an elder, the hot tub felt a lot more comfortable than our lake, especially in the winter.

Also, now that she's not a mermaid, she can eat in our restaurant. It's totally embarrassing that our chefs refuse to serve mermaids, but after firing several, I've reached the conclusion that nothing can be done. The chefs say that mermaids don't really want anything except raw kelp, which they don't have on hand.

Mom always ordered regular food when she went, but they still wouldn't serve her.

She's also been finishing up my collection of books that Dad wasn't able to complete, which is really sweet of her. I found out the other day that she didn't start out evil -- that was something that happened when she changed into a mermaid.

I've been studying alchemy, so maybe I'll be able to find a way to make her a good person again.

Prom was actually kind of predictable. I had a great time because I went with Tyler, and we started going steady.

Verity had a miserable time, but she was named Prom Queen, so it wasn't all bad. One annoying thing is that our pictures show us in our winterwear; apparently the photographer took our pictures outside even though it was so cold.

After prom, the next most exciting thing was my birthday.

Since I'll always have a hat on when I'm working, I decided to let my hair grow long, but I'm keeping the braids.

And here's my formal.

I moved out of the nursery, leaving it to Verity. I haven't put up any pictures; the frosted windows provide enough decoration for now, and when winter is over I'll have a great view.

I made Class Valedictorian and was named Most Popular. Right after graduation, I went over to the diner and got a job as a kitchen scullion. One good thing about working at a place you own is that you know they can't fire you.

I've figured out that if I make three individual meals each day, I'll supermax cooking by the time I become an adult. And for fun, I can always try juggling eggs.

Another way I have fun is by playing the drums. No opportunities yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Verity sometimes jams with me, but she's so good that I'd rather just listen to her on her own.

By working hard, I managed to get a promotion to spice runner on my very first day at work. But I plan to slow down the pace and pick up a few friends. At the moment I'm best friends with my mother and my boyfriend -- I'm going to have to do better than that.

I envy you the freedom to do whatever you want without worrying about dynasty requirements and restrictions, Claudia, but I also think it must be a little overwhelming. How do you decide what you're going to do with your time?

Anyway, have fun with your little sprite (I want one, too!) and keep in touch. Love, Sedna

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (October 25)
« Reply #395 on: October 25, 2013, 10:23:05 AM »
I'm so glad that the Cottoneyes can still keep in touch.

Sedna looks like she's making great progress.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

SimBlip

« Reply #396 on: October 27, 2013, 02:33:24 PM »
So glad that this branch of Cottoneye's is safe. :)
Juggling eggs sounds like fun. I never tried it. The skill meter above Sedna's head makes me wonder. Is it a hidden skill or does she actually increase her cooking skill?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #397 on: October 27, 2013, 03:05:57 PM »
The egg juggling definitely contributes to her cooking skill -- she increased a level while doing it. I don't know whether there's any room for improvement in juggling; she didn't drop any her first time.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #398 on: December 04, 2013, 03:48:29 PM »
Chapter Four -- Hoping for Black Ops

Dear Claudia,

Wow -- you're a character in a novel! How do you feel about that? And what will you do when the paparazzi find out?

I'm afraid that the most exciting thing that I have to report is that Verity had a birthday.

Here is her wardrobe:

Everyday

Formal

If her everyday outfit looks like it could be formal wear, that's because she wants it that way. Verity is planning to make money from playing for tips, and she says that if people are more interested in how she looks than how she sounds, she can live with that -- within reason, of course.

Here's her nightwear (she didn't pick it out but just found it in her dresser; she says she'll keep it anyway).

This is her exercise gear:

And swimwear.

Finally, here is her cold weather garb.

Mom and I went to her high school graduation a few days ago. She was named Valedictorian and voted Most Likely to Become a Rock Star.

As for me, I just keep cooking. I figure if I make 3 meals a day, I'll reach 75 meals in 25 days.

I've also taken up the laser rhythm-a-con, having heard a rumor that I might be able to receive some opportunities from learning the skill.

In closing, I just have to say that Verity and I are both very envious and curious. Is all that stuff about you and the time traveler in the novel true, or just made up? Are the plumbots really going to take over? We want to know.

Love, Sedna

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (December 4)
« Reply #399 on: December 04, 2013, 04:15:35 PM »
Praying for ops too and fingers crossed for Sedna that she gets some, it seems very erratic but sometimes it works, hopefully they will fix it eventually.

I admit I can't look at plumbots in the same way since reading your novel  ???

What generation is Sedna? I've lost track a bit.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #400 on: December 04, 2013, 04:18:33 PM »
Sedna is Generation 7. Sorry about the plumbots.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #402 on: December 07, 2013, 01:14:53 PM »
Chapter Five -- Progress, Romance, and a Farewell

Dear Claudia,

I've been making good progress at work. Besides getting promoted to Line Cook, I've also picked up a couple of opportunities. One was to cater a party at the Area-52 Lab (canapes decorated as little green men), and the other is to read the Secrets of the Master Chef.

Meanwhile, Verity has been helping out by making friends. She went to a SimFest the other day, and met an acrobat and the proprietor.

With the coming of spring, she felt ready for romance and put her profile on an online dating service. After she inputted her height and weight, the computer gave her the classification "More to Love." Needless to say, she was upset. I am now under orders to make only Autumn Salad for her, and she has begun exercising.

I think she looks great, but I think she needed to hear that from someone else. She went out with Cliff Hudson, one of the more attractive vampires in Lucky Palms, but she turned him into a witch before bringing him home. Her method of making him a best friend is a little unorthodox, but it seemed to work.

He's an elder now, which isn't surprising, considering that he went to school with our grandmother. I haven't told her that, however.
   Speaking of romance, Tyler and I got together on one of my days off and went to the spring festival. According to the love machine, our passion will continue to burn long after Earth has disappeared.

Incidentally, it took him a while to find a job after graduation -- maybe because he kept wearing his cap and gown to job interviews. Anyway, we've taken him on at the diner.  I've told him it's okay if our passion burns just so long as it doesn't overcook the French fries.

All right, so now it's time for the sad news. Verity was out playing for tips when she suddenly started hearing heavy, threatening music in her head. She hurried home, but she was too late.

As for me, I was returning from a short trip to Egypt to learn how to make falafel and shawarma and also explore a tomb, when I felt that a black presence had entered the house. I urged the taxi driver to go faster, but he seemed to run into one red light after another. By the time I got home, Mom was gone. I really miss her.

We haven't seen her ghost yet, but Dad shows up occasionally. He likes to sit in the old nursery, with our toys and prom pictures.

Hope all is well with you, Love Sedna.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (December 7)
« Reply #403 on: December 11, 2013, 12:37:36 PM »
Chapter Six -- Two Weddings

Dear Claudia,

First of all, I got my tenth black op! My boss wanted me to go to France and learn how to make crepes. Since they're my favorite food, I was eager to take the opportunity. I didn't get many pictures, though -- just this one of me in the bookstore. I did make friends with an explorer from Egypt, though.

Our first wedding took place soon after I returned. Verity and Cliff decided to tie the knot before Cliff got any older.

Soon after they got married, Verity told Cliff that she would be buying a teddy bear.

Luckily, Cliff was intelligent enough to figure out that this meant she was pregnant.

The next thing that happened was that I had my adult birthday.

I immediately went into mid-life crisis mode. Would I ever be able to finish my all my requirements and get married? To cheer myself up, and also because it can get quite chilly in the autumn even in Lucky Palms, I got a new top, a jacket and t-shirt combination.

On my first free day, I invited Tyler out for a date. We met at the restaurant I own, and I told him that I would soon be able to marry.

He got so excited that I had to jump into his arms to get him to settle down.

I arrived home to find that Verity was giving birth in my favorite room in the house -- the kitchen.

She had a little boy and decided to name him after Mom -- not Leanne, but Purnell, her maiden name.

Mom did make an appearance that evening. We think she's happy to have a grandchild at last.

Verity's a good mother and she soon became best friends with Purnell.

She just loves to sit in the rocker with him and would spend the entire day there if it weren't for...what's that funny smell?

Finally, what I hoped would be my last day at work approached. I decided to celebrate with a new hair style.

As soon as the maid left, I set out my collection of books. I'm really grateful to Mom and Dad for writing them, Mom especially because I know she would have been happier painting or playing the guitar.

Even though I reached level 10 of my career, I still had to max the cooking skill. So I wasn't able to get married until the next morning -- which was Spooky Day. We celebrated Purnell's toddler birthday.

And then I met Tyler in the cactus garden. Verity played the guitar for us, which was so sweet. I'm really going to miss her.

We've decided to move to Isla Paradiso.  I'd love to transfer to Roaring Heights, but I don't know whether it will be buggy. We're going to get a regular house, though. After living on the water, I'd like a house with a yard.

Bye for now, Sedna

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (December 11)
« Reply #404 on: December 11, 2013, 01:34:35 PM »
Well done on getting those ops and good luck in Isla Paradiso, such a shame you have to leave Verity behind.

If my memory serves me correctly this is move number two? so possibly somebody can go to Roaring Heights in the future, still cars and rollercoasters can go anywhere can't they  ;D