Author Topic: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (COMPLETED)  (Read 194029 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Jan 4)
« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2013, 07:34:03 PM »
Whoa! Is that a new rule? I don't remember it! Well thanks for letting me know, sorry to doubt you.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline zachlot7

• Members
  • Townie
« Reply #271 on: January 07, 2013, 10:14:26 PM »
Read this whole story today loved it cant wait for next chapter!
<3 Love is Love <3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2013, 11:38:21 PM »
The Snowmaker machine is so impressive!
Sorry Witchitty died. This falcon felt like Artemis' familiar in ways.
Maybe Diana should get home-tutored? Those homework books seems evil!
Oh!  :o How attentive of Hanson Gilbert to give frames that wake a desire for space travel? No wonder, Diana was/is so interested in Qusul?
Great update! :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #273 on: January 08, 2013, 05:53:07 PM »
This is awesome.  I love the parallel stories and the fact that there was a visit!  Can't wait for more :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #274 on: January 15, 2013, 04:37:10 PM »
Chapter Two – A Horrible Surprise

Dear Aunt Mercy,
   Thank you so much for the nicotiana plant. It’s a lovely shade of pink, which was always Mom’s favorite color. We think her ghost will be pleased with it.

You’re right – her death was a horrible surprise. We all knew she was 90 – the age when she could go any time – but she was in such good shape, and she always told me the Cottoneyes were long-lived. Everyone on her team was surprised too – they said she had participated in all the drills for the upcoming game, as fresh as someone half her age.

People said she shook hands with the Grim Reaper, and said she didn’t mind going so early – that she always wanted to be used up rather than left over. That sounds like something Mom would say.

I guess we’re all holding up well, except for bursting into tears now and then. Luke has pretty much locked himself in his room and painted the whole time. Dad’s the hardest hit, I think.

I spent some time today sitting in her rocking chair and thinking about the future. She told me once not to get upset if she died, because it would help ensure that I could continue the dynasty. But I really don’t think she expected to go so soon. She said all that running she did would lengthen her life.

Anyway, she always wanted me to get my hair cut, so I did. I also spent a long time hunting for an outfit that would be mostly black with some red but that wouldn’t be too risqué. So this is the new me.

Looking at the new me, I started crying again, even though I knew her ghost would be able to see me eventually.

I went over to the spring festival to meet Hanson, who’s too old to be my boyfriend, but is just a friend right now. He let me cry on his shoulder a bit. I wish we could get married as soon as I graduate, but I know I can't throw away all the work my family has done. I owe it to Mom and my grandparents and the rest of them to keep the dynasty going.

Tell Aurelia that she doesn’t know how lucky she is that you’ll always be around. But I guess it won’t be easy for her either, losing people as she gets older. It’s never easy, having people die. Anyway, thanks again for the flowers. They really do look nice.

Love, Diana
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Jan 15)
« Reply #275 on: January 15, 2013, 05:17:07 PM »
RIP Artemis. Poor Diana

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2013, 11:38:48 AM »
Awww! Who knew she would go so soon? And her employed and a Marathon Runner and all!

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #277 on: January 17, 2013, 03:58:54 AM »
How sad Artemis has left us already. I really like all this contact between the families despite the distance between them.

SimBlip

« Reply #278 on: January 26, 2013, 05:54:54 PM »
Diana tells of grief and reflects about the issue of life/death in an (liberately?) understated, yet deep way. It makes this chapter all the more poignant. I love to read your story, Marian. It makes me think. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #279 on: January 26, 2013, 10:33:31 PM »
Chapter Three – Party Time

Dear Aurelia,

Mom has started visiting us, but it’s not quite the same. I can’t tell you how much I appreciated your letter. You and Aunt Mercy have been so sweet – but I’ll start sniffling if I go on.

I was fascinated to hear about Qusul’s interest in music boxes. Perhaps I should take a few on board with me with I become an astronaut, just in case I meet any other extra-terrestials.

Luke has fallen in love. When I came home from Shop Club the other day, he was sitting at the dining room table, staring into space. I thought at first he was working on a trigonometry problem, but then I caught sight of the notepaper.

“Who?” I asked.

Luke didn’t want to tell me, but I managed to catch sight of the name on the envelope – Latonya Tanner.

“You do know she’s an older woman?”

“Nooo,” groaned Luke. “I was talking to her after class just the other day.”

He went out with her anyway, and they actually had a good time. And it won’t be long before he’s old enough to be romantically involved again.

I’ve begun repairing computers and other electrical things like the dishwasher. It’s a little nerve-wracking. With plumbing, the worst that can happen is that you get wet, but electricity can give you a nasty shock. There’s a panel on the computer that says it shouldn’t be removed, but of course you can’t fix the computer without removing it.

My last day of high school really dragged, but finally it was Saturday. Dad said I could have a small party. I invited Hanson, and my friend Bridgette and her brother Gerald, and Luke’s soon-to-be girlfriend, Latonya. Plus some other people including Darren Dreamer, whom I've had sort of a crush on ever since he gave us a tour of the mausoleum.

I blew out the candles and everyone cheered for me. I ended up looking okay, but the flower in my hair would definitely get in the way if I tried to salute, so I went back to my regular style.

And while I was at it, I put together my whole wardrobe. Shorts for everyday, now that it’s almost summer:

I started out with a black-and-red version of this for my formal outfit, but Dad frowned at me, so I changed black to gray:

I found a red leotard and some leg warmers, which might be 80ish, but are comfortable.

And finally, I picked out a white down jacket to wear with a red turtleneck sweater and red gloves and boots.

About Darren – he’s not involved with anyone, and I can see why. Yes, he’s good-looking, but he actually said that talking to me was boring.

Everyone else agreed that it was an awesome party, verging on epic.

After the party, I went and signed up at the military base. I’m starting as a latrine cleaner, but I don’t think I’ll have to do that for long.

Give Aunt Mercy a hug from me, and let me know how things go for you and Beppe.

Love, Diana

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Jan 26)
« Reply #280 on: January 26, 2013, 10:45:55 PM »
Yay, an update!  I look forward to your connected stories so much!  Darren seems like he might require a bit of personality adjustment if he's going to be an option. Love the recolor on Diana's formal outfit.  I really like that dress and she looks great in it!

SimBlip

« Reply #281 on: January 26, 2013, 10:46:40 PM »
Darren Dreamer???
I have to look into these other worlds. I loved him when the Sims came out!
*totally excited*  ;D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #282 on: January 28, 2013, 04:02:37 AM »
Looks like someone has the 70s, 80s, and 90s pack! Happy birthday Diana!

By samoht04

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #283 on: January 28, 2013, 06:51:13 AM »
No, I don't have 70s, 80s, and 90s. Diana's athletic outfit is one of the freebies that came if you posted a certain number of memories after Generations.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #284 on: January 28, 2013, 01:56:45 PM »
Oh, really? I should share more memories!

By samoht04

anything