Author Topic: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (COMPLETED)  (Read 194022 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Dec 10)
« Reply #225 on: December 11, 2012, 02:42:32 PM »
No Chase can't die! He was my favourite heir so far. R.I.P Chase.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #226 on: December 11, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »
I am so delighted I found this story today! It made a dull afternoon pass quickly and with entertainment.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #227 on: December 13, 2012, 07:39:37 AM »
Chapter Three – Changes Ahead

Dear Forum,

It’s been quiet around the house lately – literally quiet, because Dad’s not playing his guitar or bass or drums, but emotionally quiet, too, because Artemis and I have been working hard. I’ve completed three horror novels – Moon Tea, A Maharani in Riverview, and Rue Gothique – and mastered the art of painting. Here’s my latest – a portrait of Artemis.

Artemis has changed jobs. She had been feeling anxious because she wasn’t getting promoted fast enough. When she learned that the Llamas had recruited her mainly so she wouldn’t be playing for the Alpacas and that they wanted her to do public relations work like coaching a toddler team, she quit. She signed up as a freelance acrobat immediately afterwards.

Since then she’s been much happier. She performed in a Simfest, showing off her moves.

Unfortunately, she didn’t win.

She went on tour to Hidden Springs, where she delighted an orphanage. But mostly, she’s been busking around town, performing for tips wherever she can find a spot.

Besides working on her career, Artemis has also been collecting her black ops. A couple of old-timers have an interest in the martial arts, so she went to China and brought back a training dummy.  Not only did she get her tenth black op, but a new best friend, Hal Breckinridge.

And then came that dreaded event – her birthday.

No longer a carefree youth, she has to get serious – she needs two more promotions and a few more hours of exercise.

I’ve been helping out by making friends with whomever comes to the house, including burglars (actually, this is a trick-or-treater).

Lately, Artemis and I have been talking about our plans for the future. We received notification the other day that our beloved Riverview is approaching an EFS* event, and that once Artemis and Weston get married, we’ll have to move. I plan on going to Monte Vista, of course, but Artemis doesn’t know where they’re moving yet. Weston loves the heat, so that rules out Lunar Lakes and Hidden Springs.

“Really, we could move anywhere,” she said. “There are so many places where people don’t know how to deal with zombies. I know our dynasty was founded to fight zombies, but I believe the Watcher intended us to learn how to deal with them. Ever since Grandfather Jaeger realized that we could cure them with the Moodlet Manager, our mission has been to bring them out of the shadows and befriend them.”

Pretty impressive words for a jock, don’t you think? We’ll miss each other, but we’ll both be looking at the same moon – in this case, a gibbous one. Good-bye for now, Mercy

*Excessive File Size
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Dec 13)
« Reply #228 on: December 13, 2012, 07:54:18 AM »
I'll be sorry to see them leave Riverview but very interested to see where they end up next. And good luck to Mercy in Monte Vista.

SimBlip

« Reply #229 on: December 13, 2012, 08:39:58 AM »
That's a very nice portrait of Artemis. And she has really advanced will with her requirements!
The announcement of a possible EFS-event, Artimis' mission statement and the gibbous moon... it all works beautifully together! :)
The girls must be so excited about their respective moves in the big, wide world!
Will Mercy start an Immortal Dynasty at once? Or will you keep it under wraps until this DecaDynasty is completed?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2012, 09:39:58 AM »
I plan on having Mercy start her Immortal Dynasty right away, so the two sisters can exchange letters. After that, I'll work on them concurrently, but the Townie one is my top priority. This is my 3rd attempt, and I really want to finish.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2012, 10:26:28 AM »
Sorry to hear about the EFS, but Monte Vista is certainly a fine place to relocate to.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #232 on: December 14, 2012, 08:46:35 AM »
Chapter Four – Good-bye to Riverview

Dear Forum,

Before I get started with the important news, I want to mention that we have a new gnome:  Brawn Brawn G’Nome.

We’re not sure why he showed up, because we don’t have a pool for him to swim in. But he’s cute, so we’ll keep him.

The first piece of important news is that I am now almost an old lady. I have a lot more sympathy for Artemis now that I (sob) have wrinkles, too.

I decided to change my hairstyle to something more appropriate for someone whom the Riverview Gazette has named “the Duchess of Horror.”

Artemis has been busting her derriere, performing for tips, getting gigs, and working out. Except for this moment, when she decided to sing karaoke. You know the noise a cat makes when it’s on the wrong side of the door? Two cats, I should say. I just wish I could put sound effects in my novels.

Anyway, she had been working so hard, that Weston was beginning to feel a little neglected.

Luckily, Artemis didn’t get jealous. She stopped her routine and took Weston over to the Love Tester Machine. “What kind of relationship do we have?” she asked.

“Burning,” responded the machine. “The two of you should get a room.” Well, that wasn’t possible just then, so Artemis did the next best thing.

(“You’ve been carrying the ring around in your costume?” I interjected. “Wasn’t that uncomfortable? And what if it fell out?” “There’s a little pocket,” said Artemis. “For necessities.”)

Weston was overjoyed.

He was even more overjoyed the next day, when she threw a Fountain of Youth elixir at him. “I don’t want you to turn into an old man before we can get married,” she explained.

Right after that, she took off for China, where she ran in a marathon. The scenery was incredible, she said.

When Artemis returned, she and Weston got married. Weston loves the heat, so they’re moving to…

But I didn’t become the Duchess of Horror without learning about cliffhangers. I’m off to Monte Vista. ‘Bye for now, Mercy Cottoneye

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Dec 14)
« Reply #233 on: December 14, 2012, 09:00:55 AM »
Looking forward to seeing where Mercy goes. Hope the newly weds have fun in Monte Vista.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

SimBlip

« Reply #234 on: December 14, 2012, 12:45:51 PM »
No-no, it's Mercy going to Monte Vista. And the naughty girl didn't let us know where Artemis and Weston will live!
I don't mind a bit of suspense... Good luck, Mercy! :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #235 on: December 14, 2012, 03:48:20 PM »
I'm thinking Lucky Palms or Sunlit Tides for the newlyweds.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #236 on: December 15, 2012, 08:12:11 AM »
Chapter Five – Hello to Lucky Palms

Dear Mercy,

Sorry I haven’t written sooner, but Weston and I have been arguing about who should write. You’re a better writer, I say. She’s your sister, he answers. Anyway, we arrived safely. Here’s a picture of the moon over Lucky Palms.

This is our new house.

They have marvelous hair restoration places here, and Weston went to one immediately.

He got some new clothes at the same time.

It’s much warmer here than in Riverview, and the locals tell me they never get any snow and hardly any rain. They do get hail, however, something Weston and I discovered when we had a friendly duel with our wands.

I must have hit him with a love charm, because the next thing I knew…

After buying the house, we were short on cash, so I used the points I got for completing my lifetime wish to summon a genie.

I decided to quit being an acrobat and went back to sports. I’m playing for the Llamas again, but they have a new manager, so maybe I’ll get some action before I become too old for the game. Weston has changed jobs, too – becoming a self-employed Alchemist. His lifetime wish is to be a Zombie Master. I’m glad Dad never knew that – he would have had a fit about our getting married, given our family mission. But I figure this way I can see to it that he changes his lifetime wish, or at least prevent him from making any zombies.

Anyway, time passed and soon I was grunting and groaning and Weston was carrying on like it was him having the baby.

Our resident paparazzi got her pants caught on fire (I don’t really know how that happened), but the maid put it out.

After all that turmoil, Diana and I decided to take a nap together.

What’s new with you? Artemis

SimBlip

Re: When the Zombies Come -- a Cottoneye Decadynasty (Dec 15)
« Reply #237 on: December 15, 2012, 12:11:30 PM »
I just love that letter!
Weston looks the part and the house is nice. A brave maid can only be a bonus.
Diana... Yay!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #238 on: December 16, 2012, 02:43:54 AM »
Diana--perfect! So much to comment on, I don't even know what to say, but congratulations to everyone and I'm sooo glad Weston got his hair back.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #239 on: December 16, 2012, 08:47:12 PM »
Chapter Six – Easy Times

Dear Mercy,

Weston and I got a big laugh about your saying that “all” we had to do was raise Diana. But you’ll find out soon enough why we laughed. You would think a tiny, adorable little bundle wouldn’t be any trouble at all, that it would be a joy to just sit and rock with her.

But then you smell something…

However, we have been able – in rare moments – to do something other than take care of our little princess. I found a falcon in the front yard and brought it inside.

And I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my experiences as an acrobat have made me a good diver even though I’ve never been in the water before.

We’ve had to keep the pool fairly small, to leave space for another room. Yes, I’m pregnant again.

I think our easy times are over. Diana had her birthday today.

She has Weston’s hair and eye color, and I think might look like his mother.

Weston started teaching her how to walk while I took a nap. I think it’s my last chance to get a good sleep.

I’ll try and send more pictures next time. Good luck with your Mancini brothers! Artemis