Author Topic: A Cool Glitch  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
A Cool Glitch
« on: June 10, 2010, 12:18:36 PM »
My adventurer Sim, who was also a single mother, had a daughter with a man in China. When she was a toddler, the mother left for China to make some more money. As she was leaving, by free will, Jinag (her daughter), went to go play on her Xylophone. The travel screen popped up before she could reach it, but when she got back, a message popped up saying "Jinag has learned everything she can from the Xylophone...". Anyone else had that happen to them?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Re: A Cool Glitch
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 06:19:46 PM »
I've never seen it before, but your description makes it sound hard to replicate. I would certainly not be sad if it just happened by accident though. :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 06:52:16 PM »
I've never seen it before, but your description makes it sound hard to replicate. I would certainly not be sad if it just happened by accident though. :)

Well, from what I understand, what you could do is have the one sim travel, and while they're in the cab going away, have the toddler go play on one of the skill items, but not let them reach it. I'll have to try it today and post my results.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 07:20:15 PM »
Basically on the same line as, if you put a sim playing chess or the guitar and then change households, the first sim will keep on playing chess or playing the guitar while you are gone.  If you leave for a couple of sim days and return, your sim will probably get, most if not all of their skill points.  I only know this, because I have done it numerous times and it is really a cool thing, whether it is a glitch or not, just thought I would mention it.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 09:31:49 AM »
Very Cool!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 10:58:21 AM »
I just sent three sims to China while two others are staying at home. One is working out with the stereo while the other is watching the fishing channel on TV. I'll see what happens to them when the others get back.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 11:04:45 AM »
It does not work when they are on vacation, just when you switch active households.  When you are on vacation, time stands still, the other way it does not.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.