Author Topic: Eight Avoided Graves, Take Four: GRAVEYARD and a Confession (9/8)  (Read 4971 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Journeyman was out partying the night before, and wasn't too surprised to wake up a place he didn't recognize. He could just hail a taxi back to his little home in Union Cove.

But the swamps outside quickly told him that he was far away from the Cove. It really must have been a heck of a party.

Much to his shock, someone else lived in the house, and he was positive that she wasn't from Union Cove. For one, UC had much better looking individuals. She introduced herself as Dr. Slip, a name he was absolutely unfamiliar with. Slip gave him some background information, saying that she knew his goals and needed to get him out of Union Cove in order to help him achieve them. In the night, she and her team spirited Journeyman away to a very different place: Twinbrook. He had to leave with a few notes from Dr. Slip; she knew the area very well and had some tips for thriving in this town.

Journeyman walked towards his new goal; again 21, full of youth, and still scheming.

He found a lot, and instantly bought himself an upgraded (read: not changed at all) tablet, as well as a dresser and mirror. It left him close to broke, but he could always move in roommates. That was always a part of the plan.

He walked away from his dresser as a new man.

In three ways as well. Perhaps ponytails, teashades, and chains were his good luck charms for the third time.

A cooking job fell into his lap easily. While Seab Ody was no longer his boss, Julienne Knack seemed like a decent boss for his new lease on life. With his tablet, he could easily climb to the rank of the top chef in Twinbrook.

But he couldn't do it alone. Welcome to the family, Harwood Clay. Harwood was needed to immortalize the form of Journeyman and maybe other generations in ice, and was the only decent candidate in Twinbrook for this job.

However, his assimilation into the Grave clan wasn't complete without a full makeover. He let his hair go feral (well, more than before), found a headband, and received what his new roommate referred to as "the mark of the skull." After adding copious amounts of black and purple prints, chains, and a newfound youthfulness, Harwood fit into the family quite well.

His time was limited, and he quickly got to work.

That didn't mean Harwood couldn't find romance, though. The lovely Sofia Carlton walked the beaches of Twinbrook, and Harwood found her and tried to win over her difficult, snobby heart.

It was quite an effort, but as the night fell, he slipped a ring onto the finger of his newly-found beloved.

Sofia had quite some assets, mostly being filthy rich. A quick sale of her car plus some money she brought with her, and Journeyman was able to build the foundation of a nice house. With super-sleepers for the whole family and a nifty walk-out basement.

In dire need of a painter, Sofia was put to work. Unlike her husband, she was not very artistically inclined, but within a few days, she was close to being able to capture the form of Master Grave.

And she was dressed to fit the aesthetic of this weird household, and given the mark of the skull.

While listening to a tabcast on his fancy tablet and enjoying a frozen treat courtesy of the Ice Cream Creepers Union (TM), Journeyman contemplated on whether his dynasty was successful or not. Not even a week into it, and he was more than halfway to maxing out cooking. Sofia got to level five in painting. Harwood was close to ten ice sculptures. This was a success! He silently thanked Dr. Slip for her intervention, but he was shocked that his two roommates were more romantically successful than him. Journeyman couldn't sit around and eat ice cream all day while cooking pancakes, he needed to find his own love.

Each day while he worked in the kitchens at the bistro, the heat from the ovens was no match for one co-worker of his. He would almost add cinnamon to orders of gumbo and almost burn steaks he was grilling while he was distracted by this woman. Journeyman heard rumors that she was also a bit of an environmentalist and wannabe gardener, and that tipped him over the edge.

And on his day off, he went to the house of Gala Ball, hoping to win her heart.

Author's Note: In case you didn't catch my note on the previous thread, I needed to start over, again. It was mostly because I came to terms with the fact that my computer can't run an unmodded Union Cove (due to in-game faults, not the world builders; they did an excellent job). Not to mention that my game in UC caught the aging bug, which was the botched icing on the burnt cake for me. It's very hard to tear me away from Twinbrook, even though I already am running a decadynasty there. I'm trying to avoid the townies used in my decadynasty as much as possible, but there might be some overlap/paradoxes.

I'm feeling a much better sense of direction now than I did during my first attempts. Wish me luck.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Eight Avoided Graves, Take Three: Welcome to Twinbrook (8/27)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 12:52:25 PM »
Heirs on Heirs on Heirs (Take Four)

Generation One: Journeyman Grave
Traits: Evil, Computer Whiz, Natural Cook, Charismatic, Grumpy (changed for Take Four)
LTW: Celebrated Five-Star Chef
SuperMax: Cooking
Career: Culinary
Building:
Property: Elkhorn Fishing Hole
LTRs: Inheritance, Stone-Hearted
Best Friends:
BlackOps: Overttime Hours; Memorable Meals
Museum Pieces: YA Portrait/Sculpture/Photo;

Generation Two: Opeth Grave
Traits: Virtuoso, Good
LTW:
SuperMax:
Career:
Building:
Property:
LTRs:
Best Friends:
BlackOps:
Museum Pieces:

Generation Three:
Traits:
LTW:
SuperMax:
Career:
Building:
Property:
LTRs:
Best Friends:
BlackOps:
Museum Pieces:

Generation Four:
Traits:
LTW:
SuperMax:
Career:
Building:
Property:
LTRs:
Best Friends:
BlackOps:
Museum Pieces:

Generation Five:
Traits:
LTW:
SuperMax:
Career:
Building:
Property:
LTRs:
Best Friends:
BlackOps:
Museum Pieces:

Generation Six:
Traits:
LTW:
SuperMax:
Career:
Building:
Property:
LTRs:
Best Friends:
BlackOps:
Museum Pieces:

Generation Seven:
Traits:
LTW:
SuperMax:
Career:
Building:
Property:
LTRs:
Best Friends:
BlackOps:
Museum Pieces:

Generation Eight:
Traits:
LTW:
SuperMax:
Career:
Building:
Property:
LTRs:
Best Friends:
BlackOps:
Museum Pieces:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Joanne

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 04:02:59 PM »
Good luck with your dynasty. Twinbrook is a great town to play in, the townies may not be perfect but that make it more interesting for me.
It will be great to read a story from my favorite town. Gala is not bad looking at all.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 11:49:23 AM »
I'm expecting to see some interesting genes, at least for the next couple of generations. Yes, I have spouse-plans mapped out a little too well.

Gala is quite easy on the eyes. Glad to see that you're liking this.

---

Unlike his previous two romances, Gala really took a liking to Journeyman.

When he proposed to her that night, it was extremely successful. For the first time out of any of his attempts, Journeyman would be a married man (Really. He was able to move in his previous partners, but he never progressed past "romantic interest" with them). But the marriage could wait for a couple days.

Journeyman needed to hail it in the correct way, with his first bachelor party. People actually enjoyed themselves.

Though Journeyman didn't have much success in trying to orchestrate a make-out session between DeAndre and Oliver. Better luck next time.

And a vampiric Juan Darer showed Journeyman what a fun time really was.

After a night of debauchery, uninvited dancers, and a few drinks, Journeyman was ready to have a ring on his finger and a wife to settle down with. They shared a kiss under the wedding arch, and for once, Journeyman felt true romantic bliss.

The wedding party settled down, and the two lovebirds retired to Journeyman's master bedroom. For once in his many lives, everything was working out. In the dark of the night, he swore that he heard a lullaby carrying a good omen.

Gala's makeover marked her official welcome into the Grave family, this time as an official Grave. Spouses were second-tier, but she didn't mind much.

She and Journeyman were still in love, something he could never brag about with Ilyona or Lysithea back in Union Cove.

Better yet, Sofia progressed in her artistry, and Journeyman's face against a psychedelic background could grace the Grave mansion for eternity.

But the best news for him was that one of his greatest wishes was close to being fulfilled.

Feeling like the happiest man in the world, Journeyman gently placed his daughter in her crib. It wasn't the first time he could feel that way; after all, he romanced a couple of women in Union Cove, but something felt special about his newest daughter. She had a different name. He welcomed little Mandylion Grave into his new world.

However, not all was well in the Grave household. Journeyman was quite frustrated with Sofia. She was a little bit older than Gala, and with a husband that was nearing death, yet with nothing to indicate that children were on her mind. She was adament; she just didn't like children, and Harwood was rather neutral to the idea as well.

Journeyman let out a yell, ranting about how Mandylion needed a companion and spouse for his plan. Sofia knew of his plans, but thought that he was overstepping his boundaries. She was a painter, not a designated mother.

Sofia suffered a blow to her face. She tried to explain afterwards, but Journeyman would hear nothing of it. He warned her that it would only get worse unless she made plans to start a family in some way.

At the verge of tears, Sofia let her husband know what needed to be done.

Journeyman took pride in being able to call himself a true family man, but keeping that title was hard. Being bound to the house as a cook and father drove him slightly mad, and he needed some variety to keep himself sane.

He never got a chance to watch the stars with Gala. Dilly was able to make some time for that.

He never gave flowers to Gala, but Marc was very accepting of them.

So much for true love.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Eight Avoided Graves, Take Three: The No-Longer Bachelor (8/28)
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 12:52:32 AM »
I've hit a snag in my current attempt. I'll continue on this thread, but Journeyman needs to start over. Again. AGAIN. D:

Let's just say Journey didn't know that one of his new lovers was close to elder until she moved in (she was supposed to try for a baby with another townie and provide the spouse for the third generation), and Harwood refused to die (I couldn't even set up a situation that could possibly lead to his death; maybe he's the true immortal here). And the household limit was reached. And Gala found out that Journeyman was a nasty cheater, but I was expecting that. And Mandylion's first choice of a spouse was rather ugly.

And perhaps the worst, Journeyman disappeared from my file. How? I have no idea.

*sigh* Maybe I'll get a chance to post a new chapter tomorrow. Otherwise, I had a great strategy and am going to try and repeat it. Cool thing is, I was able to get ice sculptures for everyone, including YA Journeyman. And Journeyman maxed out cooking pretty quickly. Perhaps there's room for improvement. Photos, anyone?

Joanne

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 10:30:52 AM »
I'm sorry you have problems with the your dynasty. it will be nice to see how his daughter turned out.
Good luck with a new attempt!

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 12:37:05 PM »
Oh Trip, how far will you get the next time before issues start plaguing your dynasty again?
This must be so irritating for you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 01:15:34 PM »
Hopefully my second generation can do something useful before I fail. I was playing like a madman last night before everything took a wrong turn, and Mandylion grew up to be a very pretty child. I'm sad to see her go. D:

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 11:24:40 AM »

Julienne Knack, the newest Grave roommate was in a state of slight panic. Her newly beloved Journeyman was nowhere to be found on the lot, and no one else in Twinbrook had seen him.

But what's this? An email? It was a strange sort of email, but it was from Journeyman.

My beloved Julienne,

You might have noticed that ever since you moved in with me, I've been withdrawn. While my love for you burns bright, I've had to run away to the outskirts of town and turn back time. Literally. Soon you'll feel yourself younger, and living in that mansion next to mine.

Have I been focusing on youthfulness too much? Ah yes, your current age is not beneficial for my plans. You'll never live with me again, but you'll still have that huge mansion, and I can always sleep over. I think this is all for the best.

Your loving subordinate,

Journeyman Grave

"Why did I love this weirdo?" Julienne asked herself. She felt time being rewinded, and found herself youthful, and again living with her rich parents.

Time had reset itself, and Journeyman again found himself picking up a tablet on an empty lot in Twinbrook.

Joanne

Re: Eight Avoided Graves, Take Four: Message to Julienne (8/30)
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 11:57:15 AM »
I hope you have no problems this time around. Great restart. :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Eight Avoided Graves, Take Four: Message to Julienne (8/30)
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 04:56:37 PM »
Coming up with scenarios that force Journeyman to restart is quite fun, but the means to them aren't so much. This was definitely the least elaborate one.

---

In this new timeline, some things were the same. Journeyman was, for the fourth time a cook. He missed his cushy position at level six in the job, but he could get up there again. Julienne was still his boss, and he kept the deed to the house far away from her.

Some things fell out of order. Missing the obscene riches that Sofia provided him, he sought out Sofia again. With her fancy car, she was soon driving to the Grave abode, and selling that car.

Sofia's riches, along with a convenient inheritance from a distant relative, provided the Graves with a nice home, again. And a massage chair which Sofia loved. She could live in comfort, with the only expense being forever enslaved to Journeyman as a painter and wearing ridiculous skull makeup. And having to bear a child, but Journeyman wouldn't bug her about that just yet.

She had one other duty; get Harwood to join the household. Again. The pink flowers won him over, and he soon was bound to be the Graves's sculptor.

And so began the typical routine of the Grave family.

Journeyman cooked.

Sofia painted.

Harwood, surprisingly retaining his original wardrobe, sculpted.

Of course, Journeyman had to find a wife. But who? He thought about the many Twinbrook women he had met.

There was Julienne. No, he couldn't. He promised to never move her in.

There was Gala. She forgot about their previous marriage, and Journeyman's side romances. They were on great terms, but he wanted a change of scenery.

Finally, he spied one fine young lady while he was out on the town.

The sun set, and Molly Coddle joined the house of her new lover. For a bit, it seemed like the right choice.

They kissed.

He proposed to her.

And she lovingly accepted.

The two would wait a bit to marry, because they all had business to attend to.

Molly had to break the news to her former lover, Phoenix. She was nice about it, explaining that he was a fine man but perhaps not the right one for her.

Still heartbroken over his divorce two years back, Phoenix didn't take her decision so kindly. She asked to just be friends, but left his house with their relationship cold.

Journeyman didn't have to lose a friendship to prepare for the marriage. Instead, he did something he never got the chance to before: he bought some extra property. An obscure fishing hole, to be exact.

And in an instant, picnic tables and lodging were erected. One less thing to end a dynasty over.

As his marriage was looming, Journeyman found himself getting friendly with a local teenager. No affection for now, but he would keep young Lolly Racket on his mind. If nothing else, he needed to move her in once he could, in order to get rid of that awful hairstyle.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Eight Avoided Graves, Take Four: Family Matters (9/1)
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 12:45:50 PM »

Journeyman spent his new riches on a music box.

He loved it. (Yeah, this was just too cute to exclude from the story. He has a huge soft side.)

Soon, it was his wedding day. Although not in the state of dire poverty that most dynasty founders experience when first marrying, Journeyman opted for a private wedding. A fancy private wedding at the fishing spot he acquired. He even built a wedding arch there to make it extra-special.

Coincidentally, it was also Sofia's adult birthday. She didn't divulge her wish to anyone.

And that day, Journeyman wed for the second time. He wasn't going to kid himself; he wasn't marrying out of love or even a false sense of love. Molly was a very traditional type, and she wanted a ring on her finger. He didn't see a need to refuse that offer.

To celebrate, he served some drinks with some special ingredients he claimed to have snagged from work. But he didn't have a sip, and he couldn't fool anyone. He had a special purpose for those drinks; one that was related to the lack of romance between Sofia and Harwood.

The two not-lovebirds fell for his tricks.

Successfully. Journeyman heard a faint lullaby in the background, amidst some confused yelps of pleasure. He greatly hoped for a son from those two, considering Journey's own record of making daughters.

But what's this?

Against all odds, Sofia gave birth to a little girl named Corrine. Journeyman needed to locate a bunch of apples by the time he got around to having a child with Molly. Those old wives' tales better work for him.

Also, Harwood decided that he was going to be a great dad, in spite of his limited days. Awwwwwwwwwwwww.

Some things looked brighter. Harwood got to 25 ice sculptures, with time to spare! His subject was a little newer. Journeyman convinced Lolly Racket to join the family. He needed to keep Molly for long enough to produce an heir, but he took a liking to this young maiden. When helping her pick out a new outfit, he took a page from Metro's dynasty traditions, and got some shorts for her.

It might have been Molly's birthday, but Journeyman took the liberty to don his birthday suit in honor of her.

And soon enough, Journeyman would welcome yet another heir into his family. Perhaps this time, he could avoid failure.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Eight Avoided Graves, Take Four: New Affairs (9/1)
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 09:56:15 PM »
Before the next Grave heir was born, the family focused on something different.

Corrine grew up into a toddler!

In spite of her destiny as a mere mortal spouse, and an unfortunate dose of her father's genes, Corrine is a toddler in an immortal dynasty.

That means pictures. She has plenty of time until the house is fawning over her future husband.

Journeyman was shockingly faithful to Molly for a bit, but Lolly was too tempting for him.

And for his lips.

By coincidence, Molly walked right by them while they shared their first kiss. She was known as a quiet, amiable lady, but she was no push-over either. She let Journeyman know how she felt. A day later, he realized that her feelings included a quick divorce. What was a newly single Journeyman to do?

Watch the stars with Julienne Knack?

Or perhaps max out his cooking skill with this plate of pancakes?

He still loved Lolly, but nothing was official, and she felt attracted to someone else.

At any given moment, she could be seen unsuccessfully flirting with Harwood. (I should note that all her flirting with Harwood was autonomous, and I never planned for that to be a hurdle for her. Really.)

Journeyman was rightfully angry.

Yet forgiving.

In the midst of all of Journey's romantic troubles, Molly bore the second generation heir to the Grave dynasty. She bitterly hated her nooboo's father, but she couldn't hate her new son. All she could do is hope that he would grow up to be much different from his father; perhaps the beacon of good in the Grave family.

Molly looked into the eyes of her son, and she could already see the good in him. She hoped that she could be fully proud of little Opeth Grave.

And perhaps Journeyman could love him too.

Or he just loved the lollipops that were strangely hidden in Opeth's blanket.

There were four other adults at home to care for Opeth, and Molly took a walk one night. Just because Journeyman couldn't remain faithful didnt mean that she was obliged to remain single for the rest of her days. Hopefully, she would find her secret crush and fill the void that Journeyman left.

She found a nice man who could love her, whether for the rest of their days or that one night. He could never move in, but that didn't bother her.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 03:27:48 AM »
Opeth gets my vote for most awesome name yet!  Good luck!
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Joanne

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 10:48:58 AM »
Your sims lives are full of drama that is for sure. I wonder who Molly's mysterious lover is.