Author Topic: Loa Immortal Dynasty, Take Two, Updated 09/20/2012, Ch. 4  (Read 7978 times)

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
Loa Immortal Dynasty Take 2, Chapter 1
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 03:07:14 AM »
Aw :(
Maybe try and have less nooboos next time? Actually you can never have too many nooboos  :P

I totally agree, though it really was a challenge!

That's really to bad. I only just started reading. Good luck on your next try!

Thank you very much, I hope you enjoyed it and will enjoy the restart.

That's awful!  Good luck with the restart.

Yeah, I was devastated. :( I was looking forward to seeing how their genes combined and had hopes of succeeding in the Immortal Dynasty on my first try!

Anyway, here is the beginning.

The song for this chapter is "Elevated" by Earth, Wind, and Fire.

Brigitte had no idea what happened. One minute she was at work, trusting that her beloved Jaycen was alright at home with the triplets, who had grown up so fast! They were already toddlers. The next she was in the strange place between waking and sleeping where she'd met the dream-man before, a lush tropical forest with strange sounds and shadows in the trees.

She knew immediately something was terribly wrong. He wasn't carrying himself with his normal verve and there was a sad smile on his face. "There was a fire," he began. The news of her husband's death caused Brigitte to give a wail of grief that made the world around her go silent in sympathy.

"I can give you another chance," he offered. "It will be like none of that ever happened." Brigitte, with tears in her eyes, thought of the three children she loved so much who would be growing up without a father. She hadn't even considered what this would mean for her quest for immortality until he pointed it out to her. "You can stay with your children but it would mean never attaining immortality. Or you can try again."

"Would he be alive?" He nodded. "But it would be like the children never existed..." As the sounds of the forest resumed, Brigitte was very quiet. It was the most difficult decision she'd ever had to make. She'd already lost her husband, could she lose her children too? He'd said she wouldn't remember. He stared at her with an enigmatic expression on his face, the compassion she'd seen there moments before gone as he lit a cigar and exhaled, the smoke clouding the air around him. Finally she decided.

"I'll try again." Marinette, Erzulie, Ezili, I'm so sorry, she thought to herself. He smiled and stepped towards her, taking another long drag of his cigar before leaning towards her and exhaling. The smoke made her eyes sting and surrounded her. As it did, she chanted the names of the children in her head she would never see again...

...lie. Huh? She woke up with a start in the bed at her mother's house. Why did she smell cigar smoke? There was an ache in her heart but she didn't know why. It was moving day. After another tearful farewell to her mother and wandering around the house she wasn't sure she'd ever see again, she got into the taxi and headed for Lucky Palms.

There was something vaguely familiar about the roads and building she passed. She couldn't have said why though. Some inexplicable urge had the taxi pulling over early and she got out. It was a beautiful day and she was young and healthy. She could walk. The sight of a handsome, dark-skinned man walking into his house made her pause. Brigitte decided to take the plunge and introduce herself.

The two of them hit it off, to put it lightly. He was easy on the eyes and easy to talk to. They spent hours talking. There was a connection there. No stirrings of familiarity or past history but definitely something.

The next day, she invited him over to her property. It was embarrassing how empty it was!

It didn't matter to him though. He was quite taken with the lovely and mysterious new girl in town.

Things moved very fast after that!

Time was short. Brigitte had never been one for wasting time, now less than ever. So she proposed.

He said yes!

The ache in her heart she'd felt upon waking flared up again when she saw the ring on his finger. It was quickly buried beneath the happiness she felt at her engagement. She was supposed to go to work but opted instead to seal the deal right then and there. They were married on the spot in a private ceremony.

With the money he brought with him into the marriage, they were able to expand the humble home.

After that, they didn't have money for a honeymoon. Not like they cared, they could simply enjoy a few days off from work and being together.

Now, to introduce Mr. Loa...

Name- Darren Loa, nee Dreamer
Life State- Sim
Age- Young Adult
Relationship Status- Married :)
Sign- Leo
Alma Mater- Community High School
Lifetime Wish- Illustrious Author, Not Fulfilled
Lifetime Rewards- None
Traits- Hates the Outdoors, Natural Cook, Great Kisser,  Bookworm, Artistic
Trait Selection- Pregenerated
Favorite Food- Cheesesteak
Favorite Music- Indie
Favorite Color- Blue
Favorite Selection- Pregenerated

Here he is in his Everyday outfit.

Here he is in his Formal outfit.

Here he is in his Sleepwear.

Here he is in his Athletic outfit.

Here he is in his Swimwear.
- Eisande

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: Loa Immortal Dynasty, Take Two (Updated 09/03)
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 03:21:50 AM »
Hurray for Mr and Mrs Loa!  :)
So sad that Brigette had to lose her triplets but I'm looking forward to the new nooboo(s?)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
Take Two, Chapter Two- Welcome to the World
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 03:39:40 AM »
Hurray for Mr and Mrs Loa!  :)
So sad that Brigette had to lose her triplets but I'm looking forward to the new nooboo(s?)

Thank you! I think they make a striking couple.

And I really am sad too, I wish there was a way to recover the file!

EDIT: Yes, it's twins. :D

Darren, who was already known as an up and coming young artist, and his new wife attracted the attention of the local paparazzi. They did their best to endure it. He decided to lend his artistic talents to the police department and would be joining the Forensic branch as soon as the opportunity arose. Brigitte, meanwhile, got a job in the Culinary career.

Things were going pretty well, though Brigitte soon became exhibiting some telling symptoms. Her appetite had dramatically increased.

And there was the morning sickness.

The reason for the hunger and nausea soon became evident- she was pregnant! This time the ache was fiercer and deeper, though it was there and gone again quickly. The grief and bittersweet medley of other emotions that sometimes cropped up at the most unexpected times felt more like echoes of emotions than true emotions, as if the memories attached to them were gone.

An image of the mother after she found she was pregnant. Morgan Claremont seized the opportunity to snap this delightful picture of Brigitte.

After she finished the grocery shopping, Brigitte headed home to tell her husband that she was expecting.

At first she was worried that he wouldn't take it well. They had only just married and they didn't have a lot of money. Darren was thrilled though!

Now, if only he could keep his emotional pregnant wife from finding out about his feelings for Darleen Matlapin everything would be perfect. When he wasn't working he was painting and selling his art to bring in some much needed funds!

Brigitte relaxed and studied cooking while building up her relationship with her boss. HE was familiar. She just couldn't have said why.

The dream-man visited her. He was pleased and approved of her choice of husbands. "Not so much baggage with this one," he declared. She couldn't understand his meaning and he would just smile mysteriously when she pressed him to explain. He continued to visit her as the pregnancy progressed.

All throughout, she had a particular craving for watermelons.

She was on her way home from completing an opportunity when the pains hit. It was thrilling and terrifying. The paparazzi didn't quite understand what was going on at first.

He snapped this embarrassing shot of her.

When he figured out what was happening, he panicked.

Darren arrived home when she was in the middle of labor and did what any self-respecting Sim father-to-be would do- FREAKED OUT! (Apparently the friend he brought home from work didn't think very highly of Darren's ability to handle high-pressure situations.)

Since he wasn't helping much, Brigitte ordered him inside. She wanted to get inside and get comfortable but it was too late. The baby was coming! And a few more measureless minutes, she had brought her daughter into the world. Meet Ayida.

But wait! Something wasn't right! The pains started to come again.

When it was over, she was left with two beautiful baby girls. The second one she named Marasa. It seems Brigitte is cursed (or blessed?) with fertility. The knowledge that she would be mourning her own dear daughter one day flitted across her mind. But that was a long time away. For now it was enough to have brought them into the world, happy and healthy.
- Eisande

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 07:01:57 AM »
Well done Brigette! I got twins in my Immortal Dynasty too and they're a handful! But it can't be as bad as triplets  :P
And hopefully Brigette doesn't find out about Darren's romantic interest and make sure he calls it off quick! I didn't and my founder refused to have any romantic interactions with her husband for 5 days!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 11:56:34 AM »
Good luck on the twins :) I had twins in a dynasty to and I really like twins in the sims. And yes it really is better the triplets. I can't wait to see what genes the twins have!

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
Chapter Three, A Day in the (Un)Life
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 05:26:32 PM »
Good luck on the twins :) I had twins in a dynasty to and I really like twins in the sims. And yes it really is better the triplets. I can't wait to see what genes the twins have!

Thank you! It's going more smoothly than the triplets did for sure. :) And sometimes I'll manipulate things so my Sim will have multiples but it's always a surprise when it happens on its own! I can't wait to see them more grown up either. I

Well done Brigette! I got twins in my Immortal Dynasty too and they're a handful! But it can't be as bad as triplets  :P
And hopefully Brigette doesn't find out about Darren's romantic interest and make sure he calls it off quick! I didn't and my founder refused to have any romantic interactions with her husband for 5 days!

I don't know what it is about this Sim and multiples, LOL. And they're a handful but not nearly as much as three of them!

She hasn't-- yet. Read more below. :)

A hello and thank you to my other readers, I hope you enjoy this update!

Here is a shot of the slightly expanded and renovated house.

Darren worked and painted and took care of the twins and himself. Brigitte thankfully had some time off work which she spent with Ayida and Marasa, learning cooking and gardening, and chatting with her boss and coworkers.

They were both busy and exhausted but happy. Well, mostly. Brigitte couldn't make herself tell Darren about the dream-man's mission for her. And if something wasn't broken, the girls were crying. And if the girls weren't crying, then they were tired or hungry or in sore need of a shower!

To go off on a bit of a tangent here, before Brigitte had moved into town, Darren had been somewhat involved with another lovely dark-skinned young lady named Darleen Matlapin. (I sent him over there to Ask to Be Just Friends before it ruined his relationship with Brigitte but one of the girls needed something and he autonomously confessed to cheating! When they were merely Romantic Interests.) He wanted to remain friends with her but something prompted him to be honest about the reasons for it. It... didn't go well.

Somehow I think it's going to take more than a trip to the spa to calm her down.

Poor Brigitte had no idea what was going on as she was writing a thank you note to the very woman her husband had sneaked off to see! (Sad but true, Darleen was the only person to send them a wedding present. Too bad that is still bugged.)

All too soon it was time for not one but two birthdays! (Weirdly, though Ayida had been born first, Marasa aged up first.) The harried parents had no money or energy to invest in a party. Or lavish gifts for that matter. Somehow they'd find a way to give their daughters the lives they deserved.

Here is Marasa's headshot.

And her new outfits- Everyday, Formal, and Sleepwear in that order.

No time was wasted in teaching Marasa her skills. Here Darren is telling her how much Mommy loves to cook...

A shot of the loving mother with her trusting child, doomed to be mortal.

Ayida's birthday followed shortly after.

Here is Ayida's headshot. I'm glad Brigitte's eyes seem to be passing down the line! They look a bit alike but you can see a difference in their mouths.

Everyday, Formal, and Sleepwear.

Brigitte's aunt, affectionately known as Nana Lulu, sent the twins a birthday gift of two dolls. Brigitte didn't tell Darren they were supposed to have certain magical properties.

A cute shot of the twins in their room, with the aforementioned dolls in their cribs. Aww!

Brigitte and Darren's birthdays were approaching soon. She had made progress in the skill she would need to master and the others that would be required for preparation of the magical dish that would allow her into forever. (Though I've got to get her planting and fishing before more time slips away!) Her portrait had been painted and Darren would be starting to work on Ayida's soon. It had taken a long time (and selling Darren's car) but they got enough money to purchase Flying V's Coffeehouse. Brigitte was already brainstorming new names for the place.

Here she is taking ownership of the place. Looks like she's not the only one with cranky nooboos!

Word about Darren's relationship with Darleen, which had ended, hadn't reached Brigitte yet. Now that they were slightly more self-sufficient, the couple could breathe more easily. At least until the full moon... She had been warned by the dream-man. "All you need to do is lock your door. I'll take care of the rest," he assured her. There were bigger things for Darren to worry about than the occasional whiff of cigar smoke and exotic flowers that he got from Brigitte in the mornings sometimes. Everyone was acting so weird and he couldn't figure out why. Then the sun set... And a figure that was hardly recognizable as human could be seen shambling around the house.

It wasn't the only one.

And that was the end of Darren's nosy friend who just happened to be in the neighborhood and saw people milling about the Loa's front yard.

OR WAS IT?

By the next morning, the town was back to normal. Relatively speaking...
- Eisande

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
Re: Loa Immortal Dynasty, Take Two (Updated 09/11)
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 10:47:45 AM »
*Snuffles shudders* The reason I'm not getting Supernatural is because of the zombies. They seriously freak me out  :P

(Weirdly, though Ayida had been born first, Marasa aged up first.)

That's what happened to me in my Immortal Dynasty too!

You're doing great and I'm glad the eyes are getting passed on  :)
** My Stories **

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 05:53:54 AM »
The twins look really cute. The aging up happens with me too. It seems a bit random. Once I had the first born being a day younger the the second born.... Although I suspect that was a glitch :P

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 07:03:16 AM »
I love the way you've handled the restart!
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
Chapter Four, Birthdays and Bonehilda
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2012, 01:38:02 AM »
*Snuffles shudders* The reason I'm not getting Supernatural is because of the zombies. They seriously freak me out  :P

That's what happened to me in my Immortal Dynasty too!

You're doing great and I'm glad the eyes are getting passed on  :)

They're more annoying than creepy- most of the time, LOL.

Thank you. :) I am pleased with my progress so far and hoping I can keep it up!

The twins look really cute. The aging up happens with me too. It seems a bit random. Once I had the first born being a day younger the the second born.... Although I suspect that was a glitch :P

Thanks! And maybe you're right, though I don't think anyone is complaining!

I love the way you've handled the restart!

Thank you, I figure the man of her dreams (not in that way) would make a convenient explanation.

The next update will include more information about Brigitte's progress towards her goals and stats for the twins.

The song for this chapter is "Still Fighting It" by Ben Folds.

Life for the Loas didn't slow down any. Time marched on. "I can't believe-" That made the dream man laugh. He had an infectious smile but it was frightening somehow too. Just like his laughter which seemed to swallow all other sounds.

"Yes, you can." She smiled ruefully and agreed. "Enjoy every moment and remember how precious each one is." There was a pang in her heart at that, though she couldn't have said why. Brigitte rubbed at her chest, as if that could soothe the ache. "We'll talk again soon. I have a gift for you, by the way."

The gift of a coffin would have freaked some people out. Brigitte was merely intrigued. There was a note attached to it and another smaller package.  She used the instrument she found there and out of the coffin stepped a skeletal figure dressed in a maid's dress.

She was strange-looking but such a boon! She would clean up messes, help with the toddlers, and repair broken objects. Not that she had to handle tired, hungry, nooboos with soiled diapers for very long! It was time for Marasa's birthday.

Doesn't she look lovely surrounded in sparkles?

The obligatory headshot with Everyday, Formal, Athletic, Sleepwear, and Swimwear.

Brigitte and Darren had managed to teach both girls to walk and talk, though only Ayida was able to get potty-trained in time.

A shot of Brigitte talking about growing up big and strong.

AHH! THE ADORABLENESS!

Soon it was time for Ayida to grow from toddler to child. It almost looks like she's levitating...

Ayida's headshot and other photos.

- Eisande

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
Re: Loa Immortal Dynasty, Take Two, Updated 09/20/2012, Ch. 4
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 07:20:26 AM »
Love it all to bits and pieces!
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein