Author Topic: New Store World - Sunlit Tides  (Read 102144 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: New Store World - Sunlit Tides
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 06:14:42 PM »
They just announced that they want builders to build things for this world.    The official forum thread can be found here.

Also Thomas - someone was asking if that's a new fence because of the way the colum works with it.  So that might be a possibility. But considering how the roof looks I'm betting it's part of a bistro or diner rabbithole.

SimGuruSmitty now says it is part of a Rabbit Hole but there is a lot of new Content coming that is in buymode and buildmode.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 06:49:32 PM »
This is absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see more pictures!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 07:50:54 PM »
New screenshot of the island at Night includes a shot of their new street light.

And the last one of the night:

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 12:51:10 AM »
It looks way more tropical and slightly Caribbean, whereas Sunset Valley just looks like what I'd expect to see in America, on the coast or something.

I had to laugh at that because it's mostly true, I think.  The beaches along the Gulf of Mexico, which are the closes to me, aren't exactly known for their white beaches and brilliant blue water.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2012, 06:01:49 AM »
I'd like to see them do a world with a Scottish beach!

..Actually.. No, no I wouldn't. :o

New screenshot of the island at Night includes a shot of their new street light.

Quite like that streetlight! Am I the only one that gets thrills when they bring out new streetlights and mailboxes specific to a certain world? I don't know I just rather like it. Like the mailboxes in Lucky Palms, those are some fancy mailboxes.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 06:12:46 AM »
I'd like to see them do a world with a Scottish beach!

..Actually.. No, no I wouldn't. :o

I'd love to see a world with scottish beaches, or beaches like Petlevel near Hastings. Beaches for looking gorgeous rather than for making sandcastles on.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 06:19:23 AM »
I'd love to see a world with scottish beaches, or beaches like Petlevel near Hastings. Beaches for looking gorgeous rather than for making sandcastles on.

Perhaps Hidden Springs is the closest thing we have? There are some nice ones, the nicest I've been to is the one in St Andrews but then what do you expect from such a posh and awesome town? :P I have been to one on the west coast near Glasgow that was absolutely horrible and so very dirty, never want to see what place again!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 06:55:16 AM »
I think the best possible explanation this isn't in Seasons is because this world can't and shouldn't have winter, thus unable to fully exploit the features of Seasons.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 07:07:45 AM »
With Seasons installed, it will have winter though. Unless there is some sort of feature in which you can turn off certain seasons, but aren't there countries in the world where you get like, certain extremes of weather? So in the summer it's extremely hot and in the winter it's snow mania?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 07:52:16 AM »
With Seasons installed, it will have winter though. Unless there is some sort of feature in which you can turn off certain seasons, but aren't there countries in the world where you get like, certain extremes of weather? So in the summer it's extremely hot and in the winter it's snow mania?

Yes, I live in one of those countries, very hot summers and very cold snowy winters, but also beautiful springs and autumns :)

I love the look of this world, and I love the colors - sunset and sea are just wonderful! This may be the first Store World I am considering to get after that dissapointment with BB!
From what I read, swimming will not be added in patch but with Seasons, and that is now making me think of routing issues for leaving those isolated islands.
I am excited about the coconut palm trees, specialy the curved one lol and rocks with golden sprey on them.. and whole Tiki style that reminds me of Sims 2! Seriously reconsidering this world, or at least to get the water and sunset settings from .ini files.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 08:07:18 AM »
Fez, they've said that you can control the seasons. If it's like Seasons in TS2, you'll get 4 slots; for Sunset Tides, you could do 4 Summers or a combination of Spring and Summer. Apparently, you'll also be able to control length of season as well.

And Anushka, swimming in the ocean will be included in the patch that comes with Seasons.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 08:21:05 AM »
Awesome! I'm thinking of dynasties though, I assume it'll be like the ageing settings where we need to keep the seasons default or something. So if someone wanted to do one here, they'd need to bare the town in the winter. I vouch for thinking it'll look awesome in the winter!

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2012, 09:27:39 AM »
I love the look of this world, it's absolutely gorgeous. I wasn't particularly interested in Lucky Palms, but I'd love to get this one.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2012, 09:40:07 AM »
That world looks beautiful!  I still haven't bought Lunar Lakes or Lucky Palms, but that one is really tempting.  Have they said what the premium content released with it will be?

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2012, 10:15:56 AM »
No, as far as I know, it's too early from the announcement.
And great scott! Those screenshots are beautiful. If I get my hands on a high-res version it will be my desktop wallpaper.