Author Topic: New Store World - Sunlit Tides  (Read 102130 times)

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
Re: New Store World - Sunlit Tides
« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2012, 02:56:18 PM »
How convenient for Immortal Dynasty players!

Yes I know and there are seeds behind the other dynasty lot too :). Although it takes pretty long for them to spawn... I;ve played a week and only rare or uncommon so far :(

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
First time trying the the Try for boy, Try for girl option with the sauna didn't work so well for me.
Took 8 tries using try for girl before my sim finally go pregnant then she had a boy. So I guess it's back to watermelons and apples to make sure to have what you want. :(
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2012, 05:03:30 PM »
Some advice for people entering the criminal career: Don't take the carpool to work. They take your Sim up to the Pleasant House and then your Sim gets a taxi down the road again and up half along the other road then still has to climb the mountain. So send them to the rabbit hole themselves not by carpool. It takes an hour for my SIm to get from home to the Pleasants house.  :-\
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2012, 05:32:22 PM »
Then once I get two I put them in a tank together and breed baby fish.

I'm embarrassed to say I haven't really tried using the tanks.   Could you explain further how to do this please?  Thanks!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »
I'm embarrassed to say I haven't really tried using the tanks.   Could you explain further how to do this please?  Thanks!

You just stock the tank with the fish in your inventory, feed them and care for the tank if it needs cleaning. Then if you see some woohoo hearts in the tank then the fish are breeding and another deathfish will appear.

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2012, 05:50:03 PM »
You just stock the tank with the fish in your inventory, feed them and care for the tank if it needs cleaning. Then if you see some woohoo hearts in the tank then the fish are breeding and another deathfish will appear.

Thanks!  Do they breed often enough to use them in ambrosia, or is it better to feed the deathfish to omni plants?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #171 on: August 29, 2012, 05:59:03 PM »
Thanks!  Do they breed often enough to use them in ambrosia, or is it better to feed the deathfish to omni plants?

I don't really know as I've only read about the trick, I've not actually done it. My history with fish tanks is not the liveliest of histories.  :P I'd say that the fish tank might be quicker but possibly more dangerous as you just might forget to feed them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2012, 07:27:15 PM »
With an upgraded replicator you can get sixty servings of ambrosia from one death fish. I am experimenting at the moment to see how long a half cooked bowl of ambrosia can be left before it turns bad. If it does not turn bad you could just restock the replicator when you use up all the Ambrosia. My pair of death fish had just seven young they were reproducing on average every four Sim days,feeding just became part of the routine.I have more then enough death fish so I took them out of the tank and put them in my Sims inventory.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2012, 07:39:26 PM »
I just tried that Ratchie, and it turns about the same amount of time. Mine sat out over night before it went bad.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #174 on: August 29, 2012, 08:35:41 PM »
Some advice for people entering the criminal career: Don't take the carpool to work. They take your Sim up to the Pleasant House and then your Sim gets a taxi down the road again and up half along the other road then still has to climb the mountain. So send them to the rabbit hole themselves not by carpool. It takes an hour for my SIm to get from home to the Pleasants house.  :-\

Artie says get a teleporter.  I told him he's going to ST without one just because.    But really this is probably the one town where the teleporter or the Not-So-Routine Machine upgraded would be good to have around.   I'll have to remember that in a little bit.

I wonder if the bowl will go bad if you have the Culinary fridge.  I may have to look into that in my dynasty game in about 20 minutes.  I'll let you guys know. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
New Store World - Sunlit Tides
« Reply #175 on: August 29, 2012, 08:54:28 PM »
I didn't try putting it there!!! DUH Michael just stood there with it while Bella up graded the machine. *blonde moment* lol And he just got the fridge.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2012, 05:56:48 AM »
Artie says get a teleporter.  I told him he's going to ST without one just because.    But really this is probably the one town where the teleporter or the Not-So-Routine Machine upgraded would be good to have around.   I'll have to remember that in a little bit.

Haha, I don't have the Routine machine and Rabbit can't afford the Teleporter yet but she now has a Moodlet Manager so that helps get her out the house, she lives on the beach lot near City Hall (On that Island) and it takes her nearly 2 hours to get to work. But now with the moodlet manager she can skip all the showering and unimportant stuff and just jump in the sauna, get the moodlets and then off to work.  ;)

I wonder if the bowl will go bad if you have the Culinary fridge.  I may have to look into that in my dynasty game in about 20 minutes.  I'll let you guys know. 

My Jade Dynasty still has the first bowl of Ambrosia that was replicated, it hasn't been finished off and it hadn't seemed to have gone off last time I checked. I had it on the roof.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #177 on: August 31, 2012, 03:58:04 PM »
I just got this town and I have to say it is absolutely stunning! It takes a while to get round the island, but I like it anyway. I really like the way EA redesigned the rabbit holes. I got the Gold version, but I haven't tried out any of the premium content yet.

One thing I noticed was that family members tend to have names beginning with the same letter, for example Hector, Hazel and Hugh. There are other families as well, I just can't remember the names of the top of my head.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: New Store World - Sunlit Tides - New Rabbithole: The Lair
« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2012, 04:36:18 PM »
Shut up and take my money!

I think Union Cove's gym and their pseudo-sauna needs an update now.

Sigh.  You're right.  That sauna never quite worked right.  Steam all over everywhere!  Still, I thought it was pretty clever.  Ok, I'll see if Anushka is up to having me redo the gym with new saunas.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #179 on: August 31, 2012, 04:51:19 PM »

If you have the Culinary fridge, it never goes bad.  At least I've never had mine go bad.  Made me wonder if I really needed a replicator.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery