Author Topic: New Store World - Sunlit Tides  (Read 102127 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: New Store World - Sunlit Tides
« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2012, 09:09:06 PM »
I'm so torn. I don't know whether to get this world or not. I'd need to purchase the 5000 SimPoint bundle (minimum!) and in the NZ store, that costs $52, compared to the US$40 for America.

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2012, 10:24:30 PM »
I'm loving it, especially the part where my sims don't need a bed or to go to sleep any more.  No more wasted skilling time since they can listen to a podcast during massages or read a book while regaining energy more slowly in the sauna.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2012, 10:42:06 PM »
Has anyone got the starfish bundle with sunlit tides? Do you know, are the starfish just decorative, or can you catch them like normal fish? and does it include the gold edition with the extra items?

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2012, 10:50:04 PM »
Has anyone got the starfish bundle with sunlit tides? Do you know, are the starfish just decorative, or can you catch them like normal fish? and does it include the gold edition with the extra items?

I did get the starfish bundle, but the starfish are just decorative.  They are categorized as rocks.  The bundle does not include any world (gold or standard) with it; it's just a bundle of 7,700 simpoints for you to spend.  ST Gold costs 3,700.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2012, 11:18:56 PM »
Starfish as a fish to catch in the water came with Showtime.  The starfish that are associated with Sunlit Tides are decorative rocks.  There is a plain blue one that comes with the town and there is a variety pack that comes as a bundle with Simpoints.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2012, 11:23:27 PM »
Oh ok thanks. I was confused because it's called the "Sunlit Tides Exclusive Starfish Bundle".

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2012, 03:15:57 AM »
I bought the gold edition, mainly for the cool items that came with it. Then I was exploring the island, and I am blown away! It's beautiful! I am in the middle of moving all my sims there (I have a habit lately of falling in love with the latest worlds and moving my sims there, but hopefully this will be the last time). I deleted the criminal volcano thing, since I don't play that career anyway, and replaced it with the actor/director rabbit hole - make those actors run up hill to get to work!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2012, 09:55:20 AM »

Wasn't too sure where I should put this, but since it is in Sunlit Tides, I just put it here.

I just thought it funny that this girl looks like she is taking pleasure in doing acupunture on this guy, lol.  The look on her face tells all.

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2012, 11:58:15 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that no Expansion/Stuff Pack Lots seem to auto-place in Sunlit Tides? I'm definitely not complaining I just wonder if it's just me.  ;) I've been building some of the ambitions lots and it's so fun to build in the tropical style! Not sure how to build the fire station though - not sure they'd have the station built out of wood and thatched roof.  :P

Those with the massage table - Have you had a failed acupuncture? It's so funny, well for you no the sim on the receiving end of the dropped box of needles.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2012, 12:37:28 PM »
Those with the massage table - Have you had a failed acupuncture? It's so funny, well for you no the sim on the receiving end of the dropped box of needles.

That's kinda disturbing I think. I saw a movie (Final destination 5) a guy was getting those needles in his back, but he fell off the table and landed on his back. It just reminds me of that.  :o

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2012, 08:10:37 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that no Expansion/Stuff Pack Lots seem to auto-place in Sunlit Tides? I'm definitely not complaining I just wonder if it's just me.  ;) I've been building some of the ambitions lots and it's so fun to build in the tropical style! Not sure how to build the fire station though - not sure they'd have the station built out of wood and thatched roof.  :P

I had to manually place any lots that I wanted that are not base game.

Also, after looking around, there are really not a whole lot of single sims around for Dynasty Spouses. I just started yet another attempt at an Immortal Dynasty after FINALLY having discovered why my brand new laptop kept crashing while playing. I moved in the entire Kahale Family, as their nearly-teen daughter has the artistic trait and both parents have high-level jobs, 9 in Criminal and I believe 8 in Politics.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2012, 09:43:57 PM »
I haven't gotten it yet. How many lots are there in Sunlit Tides? Is it as many as Lucky Palms?

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2012, 09:56:18 PM »
This was just a quick count...
(I have the standard edition, not Gold)

Occupied Residential Lots: 24
Unoccupied Residential Lots: 10
Empty Residential Lots: 10

Community Lots: 34
Empty Community Lots: 5

There are a lot of beautiful parks and beaches in this world. It is by far my favorite. EA really did a good job with this one, everything fits the tropical island feel.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2012, 10:03:07 PM »
It's less than SV but it still is plenty. I will get it as soon as I can.

Offline shibamistress

• Townie
« Reply #149 on: August 27, 2012, 01:08:46 AM »
I like it so far, but haven't explored much.  I also put all my characters in there, or will.  Right now I'm sampling and have only put one in, but I do plan to the add the rest. 

It's a very pretty world, but so far the two times I have tried to play it, it was seriously laggy, more so than SV.  I have Pets and am using some of the mods (story progression, master controller) and they do not slow things down this much in SV, but.....

We'll see.  Maybe it was just a fluke.

But I love the massage table!

anything