Author Topic: New Store World - Sunlit Tides  (Read 102125 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: New Store World - Sunlit Tides
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2012, 03:33:22 PM »
My sister is in surgery as we speak and I'm with the two kids so I won't be doing an immediate resident list for Sunlit Tides like I did for Lucky Palms.  However, if someone hasn't had time to do one before tomorrow than I will most likely put one together as something to do during breakfast. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2012, 04:11:05 PM »
Posted by AznSensei on the official forum:

Empty Lots:

Residential:
1x 40x40
2x 64x64
2x 35x25
1x 25x20
1x 25x25
1x 20x20
1x 40x40
1x 50x50

Community:
1x 30x30 (For Serenity Retreat)
1x 25x25
3x 30x20

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2012, 05:42:19 PM »
I just bought it and am working on the resident list in case anyone is interested.

I think what I would like to do is create a spreadsheet file, with a photo of each resident, and then turn it into a .pdf file.   My question is how would I link a file on here so you guys could get it?
EDIT:  My list is going to take at least a couple of days to finish, what with that nasty thing called work getting in my way.  That and I am a perfectionist.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2012, 05:48:52 PM »
I think what I would like to do is create a spreadsheet file, with a photo of each resident, and then turn it into a .pdf file.   My question is how would I link a file on here so you guys could get it?

I don't know whether Google Docs would be able to do that or not?

EDIT: I was gifted the World and was just in the Pleasant Household, tried out the new Spa thing and it appears that the Steam-It-Up Sauna reduces Age when a Mud Bath is taken, I'm guessing it will have to be banned for Dynasties since the Mud Bath seems to be an Autonomous action.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2012, 07:10:55 PM »
That's pretty terrible. What is with EA's obsession with age-reducing objects?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2012, 07:30:27 PM »
I just bought it and am working on the resident list in case anyone is interested.

EDIT:  My list is going to take at least a couple of days to finish, what with that nasty thing called work getting in my way.  That and I am a perfectionist.

You don't actually have to go through all that trouble.  You need to remember there is another member doing a database that this is going to be added to and we don't require pictures.  That's more of a Sim Wiki thing.  We do this as a courtesy.   Also remember that there are some townies whose job will change based on who you chose first and their skills will vary due to that.    I wouldn't  create anything that you can't really put into a post using the BBCode, as an image or a google document.  Anything beyond that can't really be hosted on the board to share it. 

I'm perfectly able to take tomorrow morning and come up with a quick list like I did for Lucky Palms - I just couldn't do it today because of circumstances.  I understand being a perfectionist and appreciate your willingness to do this.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2012, 07:52:16 PM »
Sorry, I didn't realize that someone else was already doing this.  I should have read the whole thread first.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2012, 07:55:39 PM »
Caved in and downloaded this and now it is just waiting for me to play looking all shinny and new. I wish I could take my Simselfs on a vacation to paradise.

Looks like a lot of playable families with interesting back stories. Can't wait to get stuck in.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2012, 03:05:20 AM »
I caved and downloaded too, and the world is gorgeous!  ;D

Some interesting things I noted:
Somehow I got the Edwardian Expression fridge and counter with ST Gold (I didn't have these before and ST Gold is the only thing I downloaded today).

The Serenity Retreat venue isn't actually labeled in the community lot bin - it still just says Community Lot.  :o

The hydrotherapy bath option in the sauna gives a moodlet that allows your sim to work out longer without getting fatigued.  It also gives a +20 mood Recover Like a Sports Star moodlet for 8 hours and a +15 mood Duck Time moodlet for 4 (or 5?) hours.

The revitalizing mud bath gives a +20 mood Inner Peace moodlet for 1 day and restores energy and hygiene, in addition to reducing age by 1 day.

The hot stone massage refilled both the masseuse and recipient's energy bars by almost half.  When they got on the table, they were both on the verge of passing out.  The Pebble Prepped moodlet gives +20 mood for 4 hours.

Edit:  The deep tissue, acupuncture, and swedish massages also refilled about half of the energy bar each.  The Loose and Limber moodlet from the deep tissue massage gives +20 mood for 12 hours, the Finding Nirvana moodlet from the acupuncture gives +20 mood for 4 hours, and the Relaxed moodlet from the swedish massage gives +50 mood for 12 hours.  The massages don't take that long either, so my sims don't need to sleep any more!  ;D  They refill energy, fun, and social, and both sims can be listening to a tabcast during the massage.  They basically gave each other massages and took baths all night and then they were ready to go to work!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2012, 03:38:43 AM »
Let me get this straight, we get: outside shower, sauna & mud bath, massage table, new clothes & plants, new wedding arch, and more? I don't want the town, I just want the stuff!
Oh I will definitely have to buy this at some time or other!

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2012, 03:49:33 AM »
Let me get this straight, we get: outside shower, sauna & mud bath, massage table, new clothes & plants, new wedding arch, and more? I don't want the town, I just want the stuff!
Oh I will definitely have to buy this at some time or other!

Yes, the outdoor shower, massage table, wedding arch, and some plants are part of the Serenity Retreat venue that may eventually be sold separately from the Gold edition.  The sauna & mud bath, new clothes, and most of the plants are exclusively sold with the world, however.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2012, 04:55:53 AM »
If they are part of the venue, can we still get them in buy mode? Or are they tied to that venue only?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2012, 05:09:35 AM »
I think it's a nice World but I'm not really sue about a long-term game in it, it would be amazing as a travel destination. All of the lots in the world seem to be very well built and made which is good, I've found previous Worlds by EA to be lacking in that. The sunsets are beautiful and the night sky is great as well.

Try Acupuncture on the massage table, let's just say I see why Daniel and Mary-Sue began to suffer in the relationship, it all started by Daniel dropping the needles...  :)

If they are part of the venue, can we still get them in buy mode? Or are they tied to that venue only?

The Outdoor shower (Plumbing -> Misc/Showers and Tubs) is available in buymode as is the steam-it-up Sauna (Plumbing -> Misc) and Infinite Zen Massage Table (Entertainment -> Misc).
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2012, 02:33:37 PM »
I love this world, but a tropical beach world is my idea of paradise.  ;D  I can't see myself getting tired of it any time soon.

I just started a new couple on an empty lot on the beach with a massage table, sauna, outdoor shower, and fridge for veggies.  They only need a table and one walled in room for a toilet, but they're otherwise all set.  It seems to be great for minimalist needs while skilling, and the view is fantastic.  Some of the larger houses look amazing too.  I don't like to use money cheats so my sims are saving up to move to one of them eventually.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2012, 02:45:24 PM »
I am going to buy the gold version when I come back from holiday. If you're going to buy a world, you should just go Gold because you get loads of extra stuff and the current sale price isn't a great deal more than the Standard version.
When I get it, I think I might put my third attempt of the Immortal Dynasty challenge there. Does anyone know which lot in ST will be used as the Immortal Dynasty Challenge lot?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

anything