Author Topic: Save File Corrupted, Restarting - Please Move to Graveyard  (Read 4925 times)

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
Save File Corrupted, Restarting - Please Move to Graveyard
« on: August 12, 2012, 06:45:07 PM »

Introduction

Welcome to the Athanatos Dynasty, a chance to challenge myself into IMMORTALITY! There won't be a story, as it will be hard enough for me to do the challenge, but I will do updates with pictures for each game week. That way you can follow the lives of my sims. Each of the eight immortals will be based on one of the muses of Greek mythology. (I know there are nine total muses, but I am obviously only using eight. I chose to exclude Terpischore, the muse of dance.) I hope I can accomplish this enormous task with a real nooboo arriving in October. I hope I can make it to the Hall of Fame. Wish me luck!

I do not use CC except for some CAP patterns and recolors. I have all the EPs, SPs, and a LOT of the stuff from the store.

Note: The Dynasty surname "Athanatos" is Greek for the word "immortal."

Immortals

Thalia the Gardener
Founder
Thalia is based on the muse of pastoral poetry. Her life is all about getting started on the path toward immortality and cultivating a great garden.
LTW: The Perfect Garden
Traits: Green Thumb, Loves the Outdoors, Natural Cook, Perfectionist, Charismatic
Career: Gardener
Supermax: Gardening
Other Skills:
Building:
Property:
3 LTRs: Collection Helper, No Bills Ever, Super Green Thumb
Best Friends:
Opportunities:
Portraits:
Other Artwork:
Sign: Scorpio

Clio the Historian
Generation 02
Based on the muse of history, Clio is the artist of the group. It is her job to immortalize the immortals in paint, ice, and photographs.
LTW: Descendant of daVinci
Traits: Artistic, Friendly, Perfectionist, Savvy Sculptor, Eccentric
Career: Painting
Supermax: Painting
Other Skills: Sculpting, Inventing
Building:
Property:
3 LTRs:
Best Friends:
Opportunities:
Portraits:
Other Artwork:
Sign: Libra

Erato the Heartbreaker
Generation 03
Erato is the muse of love poetry. Her entire life is spent socially and she will do anything to spread her message of love and romance around the world.
LTW: CEO of a Mega-Corporation
Traits: Charismatic, Schmoozer, Flirty, Hopeless Romantic, Snob
Career: Business
Supermax: Charisma
Other Skills:
Building:
Property:
3 LTRs:
Best Friends:
Opportunities:
Portraits:
Other Artwork:

Urania the Intelligent
Generation 04
Urania is named after the muse of astronomy, and science flows through her veins! Reclusive, she has dedicated her life to science and the pursuit of knowledge.
LTW: Become a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder
Traits: Genius, Handy, Angler, Green Thumb, Hates the Outdoors
Career: Science
Supermax: Handiness
Other Skills: Logic, Gardening
Building:
Property:
3 LTRs:
Best Friends:
Opportunities:
Portraits:
Other Artwork:

Calliope the Writer
Generation 05
Calliope is modeled after the muse of epic poetry. She loves to write and wants to chronicle the lives of her fellow immortals in a series of books.
LTW: Professional Author
Traits: Bookworm, Couch Potato, Hates the Outdoors, Friendly, Loner
Career: Writer
Supermax: Writing
Other Skills:
Building:
Property:
3 LTRs:
Best Friends:
Opportunities:
Portraits:
Other Artwork:

Polyhymnia "Polly" the Divine
Generation 06
Polly is the muse of sacred poetry. She works hard to achieve eternal peace by practicing athletics and martial arts while keeping her mind sharp.
LTW: Perfect Mind, Perfect Body
Traits: Athletic, Genius, Loves the Outdoors, Perfectionist, Disciplined
Career: Law Enforcement
Supermax: Athletic
Other Skills: Logic, Martial Arts
Building:
Property:
3 LTRs:
Best Friends:
Opportunities:
Portraits:
Other Artwork:

Euterpe the Musician
Generation 07
Following the muse of flutes and lyric poetry, Euterpe's calling is music. She loves all instruments of every kind.
LTW: One Sim Band
Traits: Artistic, Virtuoso, Charismatic, Rebellious, Perfectionist
Career: Band
Supermax: Piano/Drums/Bass
Other Skills: Piano/Drums/Bass, Piano/Drums/Bass, Guitar
Building:
Property:
3 LTRs:
Best Friends:
Opportunities:
Portraits:
Other Artwork:

Melpomene "Mel" the Tragic
Generation 08 - Final
Touched by the muse of tragedy, Mel's life is just one big hurtle after the next. How will she ever be able to become an immortal when life itself is against her?
LTW: Become a Master Thief
Traits: Insane, Kleptomaniac, Workaholic, Childish, Neurotic
Career: Crime
Supermax: Nectar-Making
Other Skills:
Building:
Property:
3 LTRs:
Best Friends:
Opportunities:
Portraits:
Other Artwork:

Note: Most of this stuff is still in the planning stage and is subject to change.
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
Re: Athanatos Dynasty - Immortal Muses
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 06:45:42 PM »
I'll get week one's update up as soon as photobucket decides to stop crashing like a butt-head.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Athanatos Dynasty - Immortal Muses
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 07:01:32 PM »
Oh, this is going to be interesting! I can hardly wait!

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 07:35:20 PM »
Oh my god! My dynasty has almost the same surname, Athanatoi. I guess it wont be considered copying other's work, right?  :-\

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 08:17:32 PM »
Oh, this is going to be interesting! I can hardly wait!

Thanks. It's my first attempt at a Dynasty, so if the game spazzes out I may just have to abandon the whole thing.

Oh my god! My dynasty has almost the same surname, Athanatoi. I guess it wont be considered copying other's work, right?  :-\

I'm sorry! I didn't know! The only dynasty story I've read is Pam's. I'm sure they're not exactly the same. :)

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 08:42:51 PM »
I didn't post it, but i was about to do it today. Guess i'll do it tomorrow. And no, I'm not planning on making mythological kind of characters, except maybe their names. It won't matter right? I'm on almost gen 3, so i would like to continue playing it.  :)

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 08:50:19 PM »
Week 01

After arriving in Hidden Springs, Thalia purchased 7 Meadow Beach Dr, the Dynasty lot, to begin her Muse Compound. I have plans to build each Immortal their own little house, but enough of that. That's getting ahead of ourselves! Thalia didn't have much money to start with, so instead of trying to build with her meager funds I sent her off to splurge on a gardening class. After her class, I sent her off to the bookstore because it's a great place to meet people. She was looking for a potential spouse, but met Jenny Lho instead. Will this be her first best friend? We'll see! That first night (and most of the nights in the first week) she slept at the Redwood Heights Luxury Lodge.

The next day, she joined the Gardening self-employment career track. Since she's going to have to learn the skill, she might as well make the money! After that, Thalia went across the street to the park to meet more people. While there, she met the one guy I was looking for to be her spouse: Ryan Anderson! He's artistic, so he'll be able to knock out those portraits. Sure he's not that attractive, but I don't have to look at him for long; he's quite a bit older than Thalia (almost 10 days to elder). They hit it off right away and she proposed!

Back on up to Redwood Heights for the ceremony. It was a private affair, but Thalia wanted to look her best (even if Ryan couldn't change into his nice clothes!). Doesn't she look beautiful? I foresee this being a happy union: Ryan has a good sense of humor and they even share compatible zodiac signs! He's a Cancer while she's a Scorpio.

Ryan didn't bring in a lot of cash, but that's okay because he'll be able to crank out some paintings! They built a humble home and began honing their crafts. For Ryan, that meant quitting his journalism career and focusing on painting. For Thalia, that meant starting her garden and watching the gardening channel. Before the end of the week, there were some signs that the little family would be growing, but since I didn't hear chimes I couldn't be sure.

The very next day, our suspicions were confirmed. It's gonna be nooboo time pretty quickly in the Athanatos household! I set the parents to studying how to raise a kid and made sure that Thalia ate plenty of watermelons; all of our Immortals are going to be female, and we have to help nature a bit so there are no accidents!

Ryan finally got enough skill to paint portraits. He ran off to the courthouse to join the painter career and then rushed back home to start on Thalia's YA portrait. That's when all heck broke lose as Thalia went into labor! Hopefully, they are blessed with the little girl they so desperately seek so I don't have to restart the whole dang thing already!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 08:51:32 PM »
I didn't post it, but i was about to do it today. Guess i'll do it tomorrow. And no, I'm not planning on making mythological kind of characters, except maybe their names. It won't matter right? I'm on almost gen 3, so i would like to continue playing it.  :)

I'm not gonna claim you copied me! lol It's not like we can't both have similar ideas.  ;) I say post away! And if you give me the link when you start posting, I'll definitely read it!

CURSE PHOTOBUCKET! Eh, I'm too tired to fix the pics right now. I'll do it tomorrow.

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 09:00:46 PM »
Like the sim and her clothes! And don't worry about the pics. You can change them, but they're fine like this too. I'll definately read this one!

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 09:09:33 PM »
Like the sim and her clothes! And don't worry about the pics. You can change them, but they're fine like this too. I'll definately read this one!

Thanks. :3 My pics do that a lot. I'll go in and change them tomorrow and it should work. Thanks for reading! I can't wait to see yours!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 09:10:59 PM »
Thalia is quite a looker!   I love her everyday hair, where is it from?  Got my fingers crossed for a little girl.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Athanatos Dynasty - Immortal Muses - Week 01
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 10:24:57 PM »
Oooh, I absolutely love this concept, and especially the way you fitted each of the muses to a particular skill set and personality. I'll definitely be watching this thread. :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Athanatos Dynasty - Immortal Muses - Week 01
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 10:36:50 PM »
That's a pretty awesome idea. Thalia is very cute, too.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 09:18:23 PM »
Thalia is quite a looker!   I love her everyday hair, where is it from?  Got my fingers crossed for a little girl.

Thanks. I can't abide by ugly sims, lol. Her basic face shape/features are my go to for pretty sims. The hair is the Show-Stopping Style - Short McFluerterson Hairstyle from the store.

That's a pretty awesome idea. Thalia is very cute, too.

Thank you!

Oooh, I absolutely love this concept, and especially the way you fitted each of the muses to a particular skill set and personality. I'll definitely be watching this thread. :)

Thank you! I thought that if I had an idea that would interest me, I might actually be able to finish! lol

I was at the hospital today, but I'll try to get an update up today or tomorrow. I actually have to play it! And there will definitely be a nooboo in the next update!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: An Amusing Dynasty - Immortal Muses - Week 01
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 07:23:09 AM »
Ryan almost looks like Kev from Alice and Kev. Very glad that he doesn't share his temperment, too!  :P