Author Topic: The Dojo Dynasty: A Tale of Many Colors  (Read 20802 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Dojo Dynasty: A Tale of Many Colors
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2012, 01:20:27 PM »

Samura's Final Boo

Currently, it is not possible to download the house. However, I would be happy to upload it to the Swap Shop at some point. I'll consider posting it once it is finished being built and furnished (still in the process!), although I may wait until the dynasty is finished, not sure. Yeah, it's a lot of nooboos to keep track of. Maybe I should figure out how to make a family tree at some point? Hm. I usually don't enjoy having a ton of nooboos--it gets stressful! However, this time I am actually having fun with it. Besides, gotta keep the fun colors alive some how!

Even though heavy with child, Samura still pitches in with Shin's training.

Then the big day arrives; Samura's final nooboo is on the way!

Jake: "Baby is coming! Baby is coming! Omg, what do I do?"

Samura: "GET OUT!"

Once Jake gives her some peace and quiet, Samura gives birth.

To a beautiful redboo!

Forum, welcome Koji! I was so worried I would loose the red gene before the dynasty had barely begun! So far, everything has gone according to plan. Between Jake, Shin, and Koji I have a male of each color to produce a next generation of colorful sims---the descendants of which will hopefully provide spouses for future generations of immortals.

With the arrival of Koji, the Dojo household is now at maximum capacity. Between dynasty requirements and four children, it is certainly one busy home! Steven teaches Shin his skills.

Hebe learns the recipe for ambrosia.

Samura purchases and upgrades her property.

She chooses Upper Lake, her favorite fishing spot. I think it will make a fun spot for some parties.

Jake visits his family as often as he can. Octavia has grown up into a toddler.

Here she is in her grandma Pam's arms.

As you can see, she has Paige's red eyes, Jake's lighter green skin, and I guess the black hair comes from Jake's mom Nicole Brustle.

Amidst the flurry of activity, Herbert's birthday goes unnoticed. Sorry, Herbert!

Well, at least Herbert is cheering himself on, even if no one else is.

Herbert's child fashion show:

Well, my first attempt at a fashion line-up show is a little rough, but not bad. I feel like it looks better all as one shot instead of spamming you with five separate ones. His pajamas are my favorite!

Up next: Ayame's child birthday and more toddler spam!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2012, 01:24:13 PM »
A cinnaboo/Burnt baby burrito/redboo!  Congratulations.   Artie's first unofficial attempt he was the only red one.  It was devastating to me so I know how you were feeling. 

I have a tip to help you with the outfit collage.  I'll PM you!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2012, 01:38:47 PM »

Imaginary Friend Doll v. Vampire Gnome

Thanks, Rica! I appreciate it. Also, I have one last picture of Herbert that I forgot to add into my update.

What happens when a vampire gnome tries to turn an imaginary friend doll?

Looks like the imaginary friend doll is resistant! But I think it still spawned a new vampire gnome.

Still, as bite-proof, the imaginary friend doll just gets creepier and creepier!

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2012, 01:47:16 PM »
I think that last picture is going to give me nightmares.  :o Congrats on your redboo!

SimBlip

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2012, 06:21:02 PM »
Just knowing, that these gnomes can get into a cot at anytime, is creepy!
Well done, Rhoxi, on a nooboo of each primordial colour!
I'm letting my breath out in a big "whoosh" and I'm off to have my fingernails polished, yet again. No more cliffhangers in the foreseeable future , please.
Saying that, what a fantastic and totally unique story this is! I'm so looking forward to more Dojo!  ;D

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2012, 04:49:04 AM »
Yay a redboo! All colors are present. Now they just need to grow up and they can start painting. I can only imagine how busy your household is. It'll be a little easier when the toddlers grow up :)
I use http://www.familyecho.com/ to make family trees for my dynasty. I saw someone else use it on the forum too. You can see mine in my signature if you want to know what it looks like. Good luck!

Offline ladydragon76

• Townie
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2012, 04:01:56 PM »
I second Familyecho. My Legacy is there. :D

Loving all the colorful nooboos! Great story.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2012, 08:06:34 PM »

Ayame and Herbert's First Day of School

Oo, thanks guys! FamilyEcho looks like a great way to make a family tree. I'm guessing I'll need that--especially with Jake, Shin, and Koji all destined to start families of their own.

Well, Herbert aged up to a child in the last update, so you know what that means! Ayame's birthday was the next day.

Blow out the candles, birthday girl!

Aging up can be rough. Now let's go fix that hair.

For now, Ayame's wardrobe is largely orange because that is her favorite color. However, I may go with a different color later on. I'm not sure it suits her.

The night before their first school day, Samura reads her little girl to sleep.

Hebe, on the other hand, throws up a wish to "Sleep in the Top Bunk: Because everyone knows the top bunk is better!" So, she joins Herbert in his room. Also, notice Herbert sleeping in his tux. I love insane sims!

In the morning, Hebe enjoys a little chillin' time in the top bunk before getting out of bed.

Ayame awakes bright and early for her first day of school.

She even makes her own breakfast! Isn't she just all grown up?

Herbert wears his formal wear to school, and does his homework in it too!

Seriously, he loves that tux!

Showing these pictures suddenly reminds me: I built onto the house more!

The building that contains Herbert's and Ayame's bedrooms is the one on the left. Here is the floor plan.

Only the top floor is furnished; the downstairs is empty at this point.

Next time: More birthdays! More nooboos!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2012, 08:16:41 PM »
I like Ayame's orange outfit. Blue and orange are complimentary colors, so it works well. (How odd, though, to hear that. "Ayame, your outfit matches so well with your skin!" :P)

SimBlip

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2012, 08:53:44 PM »
I should have told you earlier: the house is just awesome. You are an amazing builder. If you ever enter contests, I'd like to know.
Love the pic of Hebe chilling in the bunkbed with sunglasses.
Samura is such a wonderful mum: isn't Ayame is lucky?
Herbert is absolutely cool in his mini-tux... From what I've read in other dynasties, I'm not sure that being enamoured by a magical doll is a good thing. ( Lovely pic, though) :)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2012, 07:15:21 PM »

The Cuteness Abounds

Yeah, blue and orange do work well together. I just don't see Ayame as an orange type sim, though. Her traits are/will be: Loves the Outdoors, Natural Cook, Excitable, Green Thumb, and Family Oriented. She seems like a homey, sweet type of girl who needs a softer color palette. Maybe it's weird, but I try to dress them in clothes that suit what I imagine their personality to be.

Thanks, SimBlip! I've actually never entered a building contest. My homes look nice as you're playing, but I doubt they have the sort of realistic floor plans and designs that contest builders look for. I'm like, "Let's put a window HERE. Why? There's a pretty view!"

Jake would like to introduce you to his second child, Demetrius.

Seriously, I love these epic names his kids have gotten so far. First Octavia, now Demetrius! Splendid! Jake convinces Paige to try for baby number three.

With so many kids in the household, birthdays are becoming quite the frequent occasion. Seriously, the fridge is stuffed with cake! Samura helps Koji blow out his candles.

And with that, Koji ages up to toddler.

Another great color combination! He has his mom's red skin and black hair, but his dad's blue eyes.

Samura teaches Koji how to walk. The cuteness abounds!

In other news, horses can apparently get into fenced in gardens and eat your plants. Fortunately, they only ate a plasma bush. I wonder if plasma fruit makes horses get sick too?

How did they manage to un-latch the gate, I wonder? Well, now it's locked. Take that silly horses! And I hope you get sick from plasma.

Also, the sculpting gnome strikes!

Here he is sitting happily atop a statute he finished for Samura--who, by the way, is learning to do sculptures to take over for Hebe one day.

Next Time: Samura's elder birthday.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2012, 07:47:14 PM »
Oh, those sneaky horses can eat those plants, all right. They ate my life fruit plant the day it gave fruit.  :( Glad it was only a plasma bush for you.

So, Paige/children don't live in the Dojo house? I thought they had, but I must be wrong about that.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2012, 09:09:49 PM »

I remember! And no, Jake's little family with Paige is outside of the Dojo Household. I wish there was room enough for everyone!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2012, 09:11:54 PM »
Great update Rhoxi!  Little Koji reminds me of Amon a little bit with his red skin, black hair and light colored eyes.  Absolutely adorable.  Way to go Jake with getting all the nooboos out.  The names that Paige is picking really are awesome.  It's because she's one of Esther's Halliwells.  Gotta be it.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

SimBlip

« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2012, 10:55:02 PM »
Jake and Paige are trying for more?
Koji is too cute for words and hooray for sculpting gnomes! :)

anything