Author Topic: The Dojo Dynasty: A Tale of Many Colors  (Read 20801 times)

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Re: The Dojo Dynasty: A Tale of Many Colors
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 09:31:44 PM »
What a beautiful house!  I love your attention to details.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 09:40:16 PM »
What a nice house! I like the style, and it is simple and at the same time beautiful. I like the hallway and pond the most. Bedrooms are also quite nice.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline annieb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 09:56:06 PM »
Wow! Absolutely beautiful house. I can't wait to see more from this story!

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 10:16:39 PM »
Wow, I have no idea how you made the house that beautiful. Mine is just a block... I'm jealous of your talent!

Offline Simboy134

• Scientist
  • Townie
  • Insert Witty Comment Here
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 05:08:18 AM »
The house is so beautiful you are very talented at building. I'm absolutely speechless.
" With great power, comes great responsibility"

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 07:17:37 AM »
Wow. That's all I can really say about this fantastic house. Your Sims must be happy little Sims living in that house!

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2012, 07:32:09 AM »
Ditto on the house! I love the easter eggs - a pic of kissing sims and two cribs...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2012, 02:36:05 PM »

A Flurry of Pre-Birthday Activity

Thanks again for all of the compliments! I am glad that everyone seems to be enjoying the house as much as I am. A lot of the credit goes to whoever made the patterns I downloaded from the Sims 3 Exchange. I also just checked out the swap shop here and found some more good ones which I look forward to using. If anyone knows of more good Asian-style patterns, feel free to let me know! I would love some nice koi patterns.

The Dojo household was a flurry of action and skilling in preparation for Samura's adult birthday. Hebe sculpted for endless hours, and successfully created the 25 ice sculptures needed to make Samura's young adult sculpture.

Here's Hebe with her 25th ice sculpture:

Good job, Hebes! She even creates a sculpting gnome. Now those vampire gnomes will have some company around here.

Steven continued to paint, tend the garden, and even repair broken objects around the home. Here he is harvesting his first life fruit:

Samura goes to the graveyard to fish up her first deathfish.

Adorable fishing pout:

When she's not at the graveyard, Samura likes to fish at Upper Lake for Alley Catfish and Angelfish.

It's a big sacrifice to her career, but Samura decides to invest ten deathfish to stock the family pond. Hopefully it will pay off in the long run!

Jake continues to paint and keep up with his school work. He is excited when one day Paige Halliwell calls him up and asks him to be her prom date!

You go, Jake!

Samura poses for her young adult sculpture and painting.

Hm, better try that one again, Hebes.

With only seconds to spare before her birthday, Jake runs over to take a quick snap shot of Samura with his fancy new camera. I'm not used to doing the photographs, so I nearly forgot!

And with that, Samura ages up quietly by the pond.

Sorry, girl. We'll throw you a proper celebration next time.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2012, 03:19:21 PM »
Way to go Hebe!   For patterns, I would suggest BlueMurder.  I love her patterns and she has two posts full of stuff where you might find something.  Or you can just go to her page but she has thousands of patterns so that may not be for the best either.

Congrats on getting all three pieces done for YA.  It's a little rough but totally worth it.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 03:39:45 PM »
Congratulations for all three things you did for her as young adult. You are doing very well with your dynasty.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2012, 03:54:42 PM »
Way to go,getting the three museum peices done for the founders young adult stage is very difficult.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 12:18:26 PM »

An Unexpected Romance

Now that she was a full-fledged adult, Samura started thinking about what she really wanted out of her life (besides immortality). She decided it was time to talk to Steven. So the next day she pulled him aside, took him by the hand, and gave him a telling look.

"It's okay, Steven. I know."

"The portraits, the skilling, living in my yard. I know why you've done so much for me, why you've spent your entire adult years helping me. We've spent so much of our lives working for this dynasty, and tomorrow you're going to be an elder. I just want to spend the time we have left together. So, will you marry me?"

And what could Steven do but say yes?

After so many long years, they were finally together!

The next day, they threw two quiet birthday parties, just the family.

First, Steven ages up to elder.

Then Hebe ages up to adult.

And afterwards?

Steven and Samura exchange vows in a simple family wedding.

And with a kiss that seals the deal, they're married!

But I know what you're thinking: "Rhoxi, this is a totally expected romance. We saw this coming from the beginning!"

However, Steven and Samura isn't the romance I'm talking about. There's another one! But, more on that next time!

Let's let Steven and Samura have their moment and end here for the time being.

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 11:25:30 AM »
Kinda fitting, actually. You know the Japanese think differently of elders than westerners do in general. Very sweet.
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 01:48:35 PM »

An Unexpected Romance (for real this time!)

As you may recall, Jake was excited that Paige Halliwell asked him to the prom.

Unfortunately, she aged up to young adult. So, Jake winded up going to the prom with someone else. I was a little confused because, well, I hadn't had him ask anyone, and I hadn't seen anyone ask him. Anyway, the game certainly seemed to think he had a date. I kept getting messages about what a great time Jake and Nicole were having, and how they were now going steady! And I was like, "Nicole? There's no one named Nicole in your class, but--hey, isn't that . . . your mother's name?

That's right folks. Jake Brustle went to the prom with his mother, who is a teacher there at the school.

Well, I guess he's been a little confused about his mom ever since he and his dad moved out to live first in Samura's yard and then in her awesome dojo. After all, he hasn't lived with his mother since he was a child. Well, the day after prom was his birthday.

After a simple family celebration, he knew what he had to do. He needed to break up with his mom.

Jake: "Mom, we're over! I'm not sure what got into us last night, but this really needs to stop. I mean, it's just so icky."

Nicole Brustle certainly didn't take the news very well. "First your father breaks my heart, and now you!"

Yup, Nicole Brustle is now listed as both "mother" and "ex-girlfriend" in Jake's relationship panel.

This may top even sim peeing on her baby for weirdness and grossness. For those of you that need a reminder from the Gilbert dynasty:

Jake hopes that his mom can understand why he needs to do this. He hopes that they can just move past it, and forget it ever happened. Like, seriously, he really wishes that memory could just be expunged from his brain.

Jake then precedes to do what all new young adults do. He graduates high school!

I'm not sure why he's wearing a baseball cap instead of the traditional graduation hat. I guess he was feeling a little bit rebellious? He's been through a lot lately.

Well, I think little Jake grew up into a cutey-pie! Here's his updated wardrobe.

Close-up:

Everyday:

Formal:

Pajamas:

Swim:

Last but not least, Jake decided it was time to go find a very important woman in his life.

Next up: Nooboos!!!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 02:12:05 PM »
There is really only one way to sufficiently express the weirdness of what I have just read.

:o