Author Topic: The Dojo Dynasty: A Tale of Many Colors  (Read 20799 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
The Dojo Dynasty: A Tale of Many Colors
« on: August 11, 2012, 06:49:38 PM »

Hello, forum!

Samura Dojo is on her way to create an immortal dynasty. Red, green, and blue sims: unite! It's time to take over Union Cove.

Let's take a moment to introduce our founder, shall we?

Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Angler, Perfectionist, Neat, Disciplined
Career and Supermax: Fishing
LTW: Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium
Favorites: Chinese music, sushi, yellow

Samura's wardrobe:

First, Samura sets off to befriend her neighbor Hebe.

Well, until she finds herself easily distracted when a certain handsome, blue gentleman comes walking down the street. Sorry, Hebes. We'll get to you soon.

It doesn't take long for Samura to work her charms. Later that afternoon, Steven Brustle and his son Jake agree to move in.

As you can imagine, Steven's wife was none too happy about that. Nicole Brustle attempts to convince her husband to come home.

Steven isn't sure why, but he decides it's time to break it off. It's almost as if an invisible hand is making him do this! He just has to help out with this immortal dynasty thing! If Nicole can't understand why, it's just better they end things now.

After several attempts to track the busy Hebe down, Samura ambushes her one morning as she checks her mail.

Samura: "Ha! I got you now. Move in with me?"

Hebe: "Well, thank goodness you asked! I would love to move in with you and live in your big empty yard instead of my lovely pink house. You see, I've been living with . . . with this Voice! I mean, The Voice. Or is it Thea Voice? Anyways, it won't leave me alone! Something about an immortal dynasty. Do this; do that! Max some skills! But if I move in with you, I can get away from all that, yeah?"

Samura: "Um . . . yeah."

Hebe: "Fudge."

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Dojo Dynasty: A Tale of Many Colors
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 06:57:18 PM »
Poor Hebe.  If Artie ever moves to Union Cove he'd probably do the same thing - make her move in.   What a great and wonderful start!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 07:01:48 PM »
Awesome start!

Looks like I'm gonna have to try and get union cove. All the pretty simmies.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 07:17:29 PM »
Tell Hebe the Voice says hi. I can't wait to see all the mulit coloured Sims in your story. Rica neither Hebe or Artie are good at doing as they are told so it would be interesting to say the least to put the two of them in a dynasty together.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 07:29:59 PM »
Nice... I like Samura. To the point, this girl. Any Sim in his master's right mind will leave his wife for her. Nice going, Steven! Catching such a red-hot girl's eye when the game's hardly been switched on...
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 07:39:47 PM »
Great start for a story! And i like Samura too. I wonder how things will work out.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 08:18:11 AM »
Great restart, Rhoxi! I'm looking forward to seeing what colors you'll end up with!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 11:06:38 AM »

The Skill Fest

For some reason, I don't have many early pictures of Steven Brustle, but he is a man of many talents! He entered the household with a fancy sports car (which Samura quickly convinced him to sell--I mean they were living in a yard! Food + home > fancy car!), level 5 handiness, and level 5 gardening. After getting to level 7 gardening and planting some special seeds, Steven then maxed his handiness so the family could get a discount on building a home. He then preceded to learn painting with his son Jake.

Little Jake Brustle is absolutely adorable. I mean, just look at these awesome pajamas!

After school he spends some time with his mom, who is a teacher there.

Poor Jake! I think he's a little confused about why he and his dad are suddenly living in Samura's yard.

Samura, meanwhile, checks the consignment shop each day hoping to purchase a camera.

Samura: "What's that you say? You have a daughter as green as you are? Now, how old is this girl?" *begins scheming*

She also works on her fishing skill.

Samura has an adorable fishing face. All sims do, really. There's this little look they do from time to time where they glance up and to their right with a little pout. Here's Samura's pout.

Gah! It's just so cute!

I think the stress of living out doors and the constant skilling began to get to Hebe a bit, because she started experimenting with this crazy new method of sculpting. I suppose crazy ideas are to be expected of a crazy sim, but this just takes the cake!

Can you see her? She's sculpting from inside the block of ice! How did she get in there, anyway? And is that why she's so blue?

Jake quietly ages up one day while painting.

And with that, Samura decides it's finally time to begin building her dojo. That night, she pushes the beds to the edge of the lot to make way for the contractors.

When they awake in the morning, a beautiful sight awaits their sore eyes.

Finally, they have a home again!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 11:59:25 AM »
Such a beautiful house, Rhoxi! Love the square pond in the front!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 12:28:39 PM »
Wow what a gorgeous house.  You're going to give a tour right?  ;)  It looks like you're doing pretty good there in the beginning.  I love how Hebe sculpts.  Very unique. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 12:30:43 PM »
Wow that house is stunning. Union Cove is certainly the best place to find different coloured Sims I am so jealous cause I can't get UC to work on my computor.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 12:38:51 PM »
Oh my God, the house is so beautiful! Your sims are doing fine for now. I dont have UC and now i see how good it is. Keep up the good work!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Dojo Dynasty: A Tale of Many Colors
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
That is one gorgeous house! I might have to play in UC again. Lots of lag for me though.

Offline Simboy134

• Scientist
  • Townie
  • Insert Witty Comment Here
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 01:35:39 PM »
Beautiful house, I love it. Did you build it ?. Can't wait for house tour
" With great power, comes great responsibility"

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 09:25:33 PM »

The Dojo House

Oh, wow! Thanks for all of the lovely compliments, guys! And yes, I did build the house; it's actually a dynasty requirement to make your own. Japanese-style homes are definitely my favorite to design. I even decided to go all out and buy two of the store sets. I think it's really helped. Anyways, I'll try to do a tour, although I'm further along in my game than I have posted so some of the rooms may look pretty different.

Here is shot of Steven eating in the kitchen. It may be my favorite room in the house.

Here is one of the bedrooms on the second floor, with Hebe's sculpture station right near by.

I later decided to make this Samura's room instead of Hebe's, because I thought it suited her style better. It currently looks like this:

This is the bedroom that was originally Samura's and Steven's:

I later changed the wall paper in both that bedroom and bathroom, but I think that's about it.

Here is the current first-floor bathroom and living room, but for the longest time the living room was largely undecorated.

Here's a bird-eye view of the first floor:

And the second floor:

It's a pretty simple lay-out.

Shot of the front door:

And the entry-way room:

Here's the painting gazebo in the middle of the pond:

Ultimately, the plan is to have buildings on all four sides of the square pond and then some gardens/lawn off to the left side of the complex.

Well, more pictures of the house as the story and building progresses! That's all for now.