Author Topic: The Levine Dynasty-- Chapter Twelve: Bear Witness  (Read 7209 times)

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
Chapter Nine: The First Tragedy
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 09:01:28 PM »
Hey, Stiles, what are you...

Oh. Oh no.

Yes, after 103 long and happy days, Grim finally came for Stiles. He pleaded for more time...

but to no avail. Grim swept him away, leaving a heartbroken family in his wake.

But none hurt so much as Hannah.

To the end, she and Stiles had been deeply in love. His very last wish was to kiss her. She had been dreaming of an evening of amorous hugs and watching the stars. Now she had to face this night, and the eternity that came after it, all alone.

The only joy she could feel was in holding and playing with her granddaughter.

This poor child would someday go through the same pain and heartbreak she herself had. But she swore to herself she would not let Tovah go through it alone.

Grandma would always be there to carry her.

Meanwhile, Elijah mourned, unaware of the many losses he would still have to face.

But life marched on, and soon enough it was time for Tovah's birthday. Mommy brought her to the cake...

The black hair was a surprise; no one else in the family has it, including Ida's parents. But I think it suits her.

As promised, a Tovah picspam.

I think she has Hannah and Elijah's eyes. It's a little hard to tell, though.

This cracks me up.

Hannah spends a lot of time with Tovah, especially as Mom and Dad both have to work.

Look at that smile!

Mommy teaching her to talk:

Yup, she's our little artist. And such a sweet one.

Also, I don't know if anyone here is in the Sherlock fandom, but I just had to share. Mitzvah caught a pygmie hedgehog:

That's Ida setting John free to go look for his otter friend. :D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Levine Dynasty-- Chapter Nine: The First Tragedy
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 09:34:36 PM »

Aw, little Tovah looks so sweet. Hm, I'm sensing a bit of a naming pattern here! I think loosing the dynasty founder's spouse is the hardest. RIP, Stiles, and come visit soon!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
Chapter Ten: More Birthdays and a Fight
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 04:07:35 PM »
Well, that didn't take long.

Hannah, of course, is not complaining.

Looks like she's not so alone after all.

With the reappearance of Stiles, and with Elijah's adult birthday rapidly approaching, Hannah finally makes a decision. It's time for her to tell her son of her plans.

She waits for him to come home from work.

He's a little preoccupied at first, but she quickly captures his attention. She tells him of how she came to Sunset Valley all alone and needed more time. She tells him of her research and of his father's help. She tells him of all the requirements and how she has already achieved the immortality she sought. And then she tells him that she wants him to join her.

It does not go over well.

Elijah is furious. He's been lied to and used-- he was the one who grew the life fruit and caught the death fish, after all. Worse, facing the loss of his father, he can't begin to imagine the amount of loss and pain an immortal life would bring. Is his mother really so lonely that she would inflict all of that on her son?

Elijah heads out to the garden to try to calm down.

He takes a soothing bubble bath.

And he thinks about it.

Meanwhile, Tovah is adorable.

Then it's time for another round of birthdays!

First, Mom and Elijah make up, though slightly awkwardly.

Then Elijah is attacked by birthday sparkles!

I don't know why he keeps trying to get that haircut. Here's Elijah all grown up:

Next it's Tovah's turn!

Oh dear. Makeover time.

There, all ready for her first day of school!

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
Chapter Eleven: Unrest
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 08:37:35 PM »
When Stiles first popped up, both the Levines and I were delighted to see him. And then he would. Not. Leave.

On the plus side, he did get to meet his granddaughter (and play tag with her).

And Elijah was able to turn to his dad for advice in regards to the question of immortality that his mother had thrown at him.

But eventually he got so annoying I had Mitzvah exorcise him from the shower. (And then I reset him.)

Speaking of Mitzvah....

She looks much the same now, only more distinguished. I hope it's a while before she goes; Elijah and I will both really miss her.

Two other important ladies had birthdays this past (Sim) week. First Ida, classy as ever as an Elder.

She was out with her little brother at the time, who just became a teenager after weeks of being a toddler. Ida's family is strange about their ages. I originally tried to give Ida her blonde hair back, and then when that looked weird black, but I eventually decided that, surprisingly, the white suited her best.

Tovah, meanwhile, was a busy little kid. There was school...

her parents...

meeting her ghostly granddad, painting, meeting new friends, painting, playing tag, painting... she kept herself occupied. But her birthday came creeping up all too soon. O tempora o mores.

Welcome to teenagerhood, Tovah. I hope you don't get too moody. Unlike your dad, who is still pondering that whole immortality deal. And has to put up with this haircut for work.

Eeesh.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Levine Dynasty-- Chapter Eleven: Unrest
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012, 10:53:48 PM »

Hehe, ghost tag! Awesome.

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Levine Dynasty-- Chapter Twelve: Bear Witness
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 02:48:14 PM »
@Rhoxi: ghost tag was hilarious, mainly because Stiles just floated around as the Most Useless Tag Opponent Ever. You could at least pretend to be enjoying yourself, Stiles.

A lot has happened in the Levine household! First, Elijah and Tovah went on vacation. Not much really happened, except for Elijah being knocked out by a mummy.

Tovah got up to visa level 2, so hopefully the next time they head to Egypt they can buy a nice vacation house.

Back home, Tovah got to work.

And her other work.

Delvin Beckwith.

Zachariah Goode.

Dana Turpin. (The kid to his right is Don Goetz, Ida's brother and Tovah's uncle.)

Tucker Crandall, talking to Ida's father (Tovah's grandfather).

Clay Moreland.

And Humberto Parent.

So with all of these boys to choose from, with whom did Tovah end up going to prom?

No one. She don't need no man! (Except that she does because this is an immortal dynasty. But shhh.)

To be fair to our Prom Queen, she did have other things on her mind. She was doing her homework at the table one day when her grandmother Hannah had a strange meal.

It was hard not to notice the explosion of goo that followed, nor how some of Grandma's wrinkles and age spots seemed to magically disappear. So Tovah asked, and Hannah explained. Which went a long way toward explaining how she had survived this.

Hannah left nothing out of her explanation, including that she wanted Elijah to become immortal too, and hopefully, one day, Tovah herself. Intrigued and a little frightened, Tovah talked to her mother, who invited Hannah out to lunch at the diner and confronted her there. Now the whole family knew.

Hannah told Ida how her husband and daughter could live forever, guiding and loving each new generation of Levines. Ida, of course, wanted to know why she herself wasn't being considered for immortality. Sadly, Hannah explained how there were too many requirements for Ida to meet, in too short a time-- Ida was now 87 days old and simply didn't have enough time left.

The next day, after doing some research of her own, Ida brought up the the whole issue to Elijah.

He was only two days away from his elder birthday at this point and feeling his life begin to ebb. And then there was Tovah, whom he had just taught to drive, also two days away from her birthday. If he joined Hannah in immortality, he could stay with his daughter forever.

Without fear of her crashing the car into a fiery wreck.

But in the end, it was loss that convinced him.

Grim came for Mitzvah after 52 days, when the whole family was out to eat. She passed only in the presence of a stray cat.

There were birthdays to be celebrated and graduation to attend; life had to move on. And Elijah realized, standing over Mitzvah's small grave, that he should be there to see it. It would be his gift, and his curse, and that of all the Levines to come: their duty would be to bear witness.

RIP, Mitzvah Levine.

(Having recently lost my cat of 15 years, I cried so hard at this. I may possibly need a life.)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Levine Dynasty-- Chapter Twelve: Bear Witness
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 07:21:49 PM »

Aw, don't worry. I think all of us have sim moments that make us go a little teary. I think Delvan looks cute, but a name like "Humberto" is pretty hard to top! Either way, it looks like Tovah has plenty of options.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything