Author Topic: Self preservation instinct?  (Read 3427 times)

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
Self preservation instinct?
« on: August 07, 2012, 11:07:23 PM »
Here's an interesting little thing that just happened in my game. Could a resident of Sunset Valley not part of the players household actually have a self preservation instinct? Not likely, but...

While one of the sims in my household was out fishing the other was sitting at home with out much to do when she got an invite to a party being thrown by Jamie Jolina.

Not having anything better to do I had my sim accept the invite and attend the party. When my sim got there Jamie Jolina was somehow trapped in the wall right next to her front door. I promptly clicked on her and did a "Reset Sim" via Master Controller but that didn't work. It just reset her right inside the wall again.

So I switched households to hers so I could go into Build/Buy mode on her lot and knock down the wall at the end of the space she was trapped in so she could just walk out then switch back to my household.

The thing is, if she hadn't thrown a party and invited a sim in the player's household she most certainly would have died in that wall space. It's almost as if she called out for help the only way she could, by throwing a party to which apparently my sim was the only one invited since no one else showed up. Kind of spooky if you think about it.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
Re: Self preservation instinct?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 01:03:14 AM »
While Sims do have a 'self preservation instinct', it's more to do with autonomously getting to a fridge when they're hungry or getting out of the pool when they're tired. What happened in your case was pure coincidence.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 01:24:55 AM »
Yeah, I knew that. It's just an interesting one, as indicated when I said "not likely but..."
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »
Your sim can get invited to parties? Does that come with a EP?
My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 11:14:44 PM »
Your sim can get invited to parties? Does that come with a EP?

Yes, it's from Late Night.  :)

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 03:13:17 PM »
I have to say, I'd never normally put "Sims" and "self preservation instinct" in a sentence together without the words "have no" in the middle - but that's quite an odd coincidence  :o And very strange that she was trapped in the wall...

anything