Author Topic: The Fellowship of the Dynasty-A Shortcut to Love (and Mushrooms)  (Read 5180 times)

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
After being inspired by the many great stories shared here, I've started my own Immortal Dynasty.  This is my second attempt, the first crashed and burned terribly, but I'm very hopeful this time.  Once I'm approved on the image gallery I'll start posting the main story.

The Prophecy

One Town will summon all
One Sim to find them
One Challenge brings them all
And Thus Forever Binds Them

ETA: Wow!  Thank you for the quick acceptance!  Story coming right up.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
The Fellowship of the Dynasty - Gandalf Gets Going
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 10:11:33 PM »
On a beautiful Sunday afternoon, a cool breeze blew, a wild horse nickered, and a serious young man found himself once again standing by a mailbox.

Gandalf Fellowship, called to Appaloosa Plains by a mysterious and insistent voice he could not refuse.  Something was missing from his life, he was sure.  He was meant to have companions, eternal companions, bonded through time and space.  He could almost hear them whispering to him on the wind.

He sighed.  "Are you sure I can do this, Tia?" he asked.  "It all went so badly last time."

"I'm going to trust your instincts this time," the voice said sadly.  "If we work together we can do this, and do it well..." Tia stopped as the young man hopped into a taxi and headed for the library.

"I'm Gandalf, Gracie, and you are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.  There's something about you that draws me.  I'm a pretty good cook, I love to be outside, people tell me I'm easy to talk to, and I get these lucky streaks."

"Tell me more, Gandalf," Gracie said, looking into his deep blue eyes.  "I have the feeling there's more to you than you're telling me."

"Come for dinner, and I'll tell you everything you want to know.  I can already see that you love animals, love being neat, and I am willing to bet you have the sweetest kisses in the world."

"Working a little fast, there, aren't we," Tia added in an aside.

"After your disasters in matchmaking, can you blame me?  Just be ready with the ring when I call you, okay"

"Fine," Tia whispered, fading into the background.

The next morning, Gandalf heard Tia on the wind.  "What happened, Gandi?  You were out so late with Gracie last night, I thought it would all be wrapped up by now.

Gandalf sighed heavily and shrugged.  "You know that last secret she wouldn't tell me yesterday?  It turns out she has some major commitment issues."

"Who's next?" Tia asked, hovering over the map view.

"Gracie.  I have to have her.  Issues or not.  She's perfect."

"She's not perfect if she can't commit.  It's a lot to ask of any woman.  It's not just her looks, is it?  Because I can see why you want them for..."

Gandalf cut her off hastily.  "It's not her looks.  There's something more to her, something I can't stop thinking about.  All my wishes, my thoughts are about her.  I get the feeling that I'll never be able to do this without her at my side."

"Go to it, then," Tia said, wiping tears.  "I'll help all I can."

Gandalf spent the next two days spending as much time with Gracie as he could.  He understood her fears, and reassured her as best he could.  He knew, and told her, that she was the only woman he would ever love.  He encouraged her, comforted her, supported her as she told him of her past, the disappointments she'd had in love.  She wanted to trust him, but how could she overcome her past?

"Take a leap of faith," Gandalf whispered, kneeling down.

..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Fellowship of the Dynasty
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 10:18:11 PM »
Ooh! Does she accept? I can't wait!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Fellowship of the Dynasty
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 02:00:20 AM »
Commitment issues!  So hard to overcome!  You go Gandi!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 07:38:10 AM »
Love the Lord of the Rings angle. Hope all goes well with Grace.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 07:54:15 AM »
I, too, love the Lord of the Rings theme. I hope Gracie accepts! I didn't realize she had commitment issues when I last played with her.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 12:25:25 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement!  I've always loved Lord of the Rings, and thought it would be interesting.  Gracie is definitely a challenge, but Gandalf took to her like a duck to water.  She was the second sim he talked to in the library, and he wouldn't stop.  So much for me being in charge!

Some Long-awaited Events

Gracie took a deep breath and whispered, "Yes!"  Gandalf swept her up into his arms and held her close.  "We will be the happiest couple ever, I can feel it!" he told her.

"Just one thing," Gracie said, looking away.  "Can we have a private wedding?  I don't want a lot of people there, gossiping and telling me I'm making a big mistake.  After all,  you just got to town 3 days ago."

"We can have whatever you want," he replied, kissing her gently.  "Meet me at my place first thing in the morning.  We may only have a field and a sleeping bag, but we have love."

In spite of her own misgivings, Tia officiated at the mailbox, and Gandalf and Gracie began their new life together.  They pooled their meager savings and added a few creature comforts.  Grace was astonished that Gandalf would urge her to quit her career at the Science Lab and follow her dream of being a painter.  They talked and laughed the whole day, and when night fell, they were happy to fall into bed.

"Holy Cow!" Tia whispered to herself, "I think I'm starting to get it!"

The next day Gandalf hied himself off to get a job at the Diner.  Gracie happily started painting, stopping only to stroke her cat, Babycakes, and accept a few phone calls from old friends.  Unfortunately, Gandalf had gotten a phone call as well.  Gossip in a small town can be cruel, and he came home puzzled but angry.  Seeing how happy Gracie was, Tia stopped him at the gate.

"What's got you so upset?"  she asked.

"Gracie's been cheating on me!" he exploded.  "I heard about it at work!"

"She's been here all day," Tia retorted.  "She smooched the cat once, but I don't think that counts.  Besides, look at her, she's so happy!"  His gaze flew to the woman who worked at the easel, contentment oozing from every pore.  "Plus, she adopted a dog.  I let her, she needs the LTR points for the steel bladder, poor thing.  She's got a lot of hard work ahead of her.  I think you made a good choice, Gandi, I like her.  Let this slide, and I'll keep an eye on her."

Gandalf approached his bride, who was so wrapped up in her work it took her a moment to notice him.  She put down the paintbrush and flew into his arms.

"How was your day?" he asked her, feeling a little better.  Surely this emotion could not be faked.  "Did you get lonely at all?"

"Oh, not really, I had the cat, and they brought the dog, I've called her Arwen.  And of course I chatted with Tia.  But I really did miss you.  I'm so glad you're home!"

Yes, home, Gandalf thought.  Finally I'm home.

A few nights later, as Gandalf snored, Gracie and Tia had a little chat.

"I was a kennel maid for years, Gracie, and I'm almost positive Arwen is not a dog.  I don't know what she is, but she's scary looking.  And she doesn't want to..."  Tia stopped as Gracie ran to the toilet.  "What is it?"

"Gandalf gave me some fruit.  I think it might have been off..." her voice trailed.  "It's the baby, isn't it, Tia?"

"Looks like, Lovey, congratulations!"

"I'm a little scared, you know," she whispered.  "I don't want Gandalf to worry, he wants this baby so much!"

"I'm a little scared too," Tia replied softly.  "I've never had a sim baby before either.  But we can do this."  They both looked at the sleeping man, the man they both loved so much.

"You're sure?" Gandalf whispered, feeling his heart stop.  A child with his beloved Gracie!  They sat together, in the shadow of the kitchen counter, watching the stars. 

"Yes," she told him shyly.  "It won't be long now.  I almost feel like I can hear the baby singing to me sometimes.  It's very strange.  But Tia says that's to be expected from this child."

They both looked up, wondering if Tia was out on the breeze, sharing in their joy.

"Gandalf!" Gracie called, as her husband returned from work the next day.  "We really have to talk about a house! I know why you had to slap the museum together really fast, and I really do love animals, but it's getting to be a bit much."

"I can see how it would," he grinned, catching her up for a quick embrace.

"I could deal with the deer watching us sleep, and I can almost live with the raccoons getting into the trash, but I have to draw the line at horses camping out in the kitchen!"

"Anything you want, Beloved," he told her, "I'll get you anything you want."

"I'm starting to wonder if Tia was right about Arwen," Gandalf told his wife. 

"Arrgghh." Gracie grunted, feeling the pain grip her.

"I know you're fond of her, but really, she refuses to be housebroken," he turned around to see his wife crouched almost double with contractions.

"Gandalf!  Hospital, now!" Tia snapped, as Gandalf stared mutely at his beloved.

"Mrrgggppphh" Gracie moaned, trying to remember her breathing.

"Do you want me to carry you?  Are you alright?" he asked, as they entered the hospital.  Fear gripped him, that something might happen to his Gracie, or to the child she carried, the only child of his own he would ever have.

The doctors were proficient, and within a very short time, the newly grown family was released from hospital.  They headed home, full of love and promise for the future.

Gentle readers, please welcome Legolas Fellowship to the world.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
The Shadows of the Past
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 04:26:16 AM »
You know that feeling you get when things seem to be going too well?

The Shadows of the Past

"I really wish you would stop calling him that," Gandalf complained as he held his infant son.  The bond between them had been immediate and powerful, and Gandalf knew that so far he was succeeding in his quest.  But Gracie's new pet name grated on his nerves.

"Leggy is adorable."  Gracie called back from her easel.  "I did stop calling him Lego, but you have to admit Legolas is quite a name for such a little one."

"We'll call him Lasse."

"We'll call him what, now?"  Gracie started, dropping her paintbrush.  Her skills were coming along very well, and she had done a brilliant portrait of her husband.  Gandalf had hung it immediately in the museum.

"Lasse." Gandalf repeated.  "It's pronounced Lhasa.  It means "little leaf"."

Gracie rolled the unfamiliar word around in her mouth.  "I think I like it."

"That's good, I couldn't take another Lego joke." Tia added from the blue.  "Leggo my Lego, it's just not funny."

"Gracie, we have to talk," Tia said softly, not wanting to disturb the baby.

"I'm busy with Lasse right now, hang on," Gracie replied.

"I can see that, Lovey, and if you could see from my perspective, you'd realize we are setting that child up for more therapy than we'll ever be able to afford!"

"Meaning?" Gracie said, looking up.

"I'm getting you a bathrobe." Tia said.

The day of his Adult Birthday, Gandalf had a private chat with Tia.

"I'm worried this isn't going to work," he told her, grateful that his beloved Gracie and the baby were both sleeping.  "What if we fail."

"We're on a roll, Gandi.  Everything we wanted to have done by this stage is finished.  Sure the rest will be a lot of work, but the really hard part is over."

"I don't know," he said.  "Lasse is the best baby in the world, Gracie is perfect, her work is astonishing.  I wish you'd let me help her in the garden."

"We've been over that.  Right now, you concentrate on Lasse and the cooking.  It would help if you didn't have to bathe Arwen every six minutes.  Is there anyway we can get her house trained?"

They both turned to look at Arwen.

Tia shuddered.  "I still say that isn't a dog.  It's something from Mordor, sent to plauge us.  I'm going to get rid of it, as soon as I can talk Gracie round.  Don't worry, it's all okay.  Didn't our wee man age up to a beautiful, if somewhat bald, toddler?"

"Yes," Gandalf agreed, "and the first thing he did was whip out his imaginary friend and chew it's ear off.  You don't think we've got them mixed up and he's one of the others, do you?"

"I have a plan.  You look after your family, and I'll take care of things here."

Gandalf taught Lasse all the things he needed to know, and both he and Gracie read to him every night.  Things were going so well with the little family, that it only seemed natural that disaster should strike and from a completely unimagined place.

"Gracie!" Gandalf shouted, storming through the door.  "How could you!  I know he called you today!  You're still involved with him, aren't you?"

"It's not what you think!" Gracie yelled back.  "I didn't even talk to him!"

"He's a Romantic Interest, Gracie! I know what that means!"

"Wait, what?" Tia broke through the shouting match.  "You mean he's still in the list?  I thought that disappeared when you guys got married!"

"Well, it doesn't," Gandalf snarled, masking his hearbreak with anger.  "She's still involved, and I've been betrayed."

"We can work this out, Gandalf," Gracie said, desperate.  "I love you, and only you.  I have since the night I agreed to be your wife!"

I want to believe you, Beloved, Gandalf thought.  "How can I know for sure?"

"Take a leap of faith, Gandalf," she told him.  "I'm going right over there and break up with him first thing in the morning.  Tia will come with me, won't you, Tia?"

"I got your back, sister!" Tia said, praying that the lovers would be able to make up quickly.  But Gandalf had been betrayed and it would take at least 5 long days.

"So that's it, Rodney," Gracie told him.  "I'd like to stay friends, but I'm not putting my family at risk."

"Fine, honey," Rodney said.  "Do you want to come in for coffee."

"I know that look," Tia whispered.  "Call his mom a llama and let's hit the high road!"

There were arguments, of course.  Screaming and slamming down dishes.  But at least they kept trying to talk to one another.  Tia worried constantly about what the tension in the house was doing to wee Lasse.  Both Gandalf and Gracie were exhausted, since neither would sleep while the other was in the bed.  But if it bothered Lasse at all, he buried it deep inside.  He played with Bobo, constantly singing little songs to him, and giggling.

Finally, the day came that Gandalf and Gracie could finally work through the last of their problems.  Tia was worried about money, and about ops, but she started to feel that it might be possible to get through the entire quest this time.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 07:40:03 AM »
This is a wonderful story,well done on the unique and orriginal theme I really like it.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 07:43:45 AM »
I'm glad Gandalf and Gracie got their relationship issues worked out. Welcome, Legolas!

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 07:52:34 AM »
This dynasty is really good :) Love the theme.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 08:58:27 AM »
Very nice story! Keep it up!

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 09:22:57 AM »
I've just read it. Nice story. Like the theme  ;D

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Three is Comapany
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 06:45:26 AM »
 Wow, thank you all so much for the support!  I'm really having fun with this dynasty, and I'm glad to be able to share it!  *fans self*, and Rachel likes it!  (I'm a big Hebe fan.)

Three is Company

"Whatcha doin', Lasse?" Tia asked softly.

"Skilling with Mum!" the child replied, giggling.  "I'm gonna be as good as her some day."

"I'm sure you will," Gracie told her son, grateful to be able to spend time with him.  It had been such a lot of hard work putting her marriage back together, but she didn't regret a moment of it.  Now, with her relationship rock solid, she and Gandalf worked day and night to complete the tasks that had been set them.  Lasse was a wonderful boy, quiet, neat, happy to spend time on his own.  She sighed.

"Don't fret, Gracie.  He's never really alone, you know." Tia whispered to her, as she left on another mysterious errand.

Used to Tia cracking the whip constantly, they were all surprised when she suddenly called a halt to the day's itinerary.  "I want you all to head up to Cinnamon Crest.  You need a break, and I don't think we've all been up there together since you finished the upgrades.  Besides, today is a very special day."

They looked at the calender.  "Already?" Gracie gasped.  "I can't believe it's so soon."

"Come on," Gandalf said, with a catch in his voice.  "Let's go enjoy Lasse's last day of childhood."

"Why must I always age up bald?" he moaned.

"Over to the mirror, Lasse, we'll get you fixed right up." Tia told him.  "And you are not keeping that jacket, young man."

"I'm too old to be called Lasse anymore, Tia," the boy told her.  "Do you think you can convince Mom and Dad?"

"I'll try," she replied, her heart breaking at the loss of the baby she'd grown to love.  "We're all going to slip up once in a while though, Legolas."

"You're cooking is really getting amazing, Dad."  Legolas told his father.  "But why do you always make Ratatouille?  The fridge is full of it!"

"It's your mother's favorite," Gandalf replied.  "It's the least I can do for her, with all she does for us."

"Is it really going to be worth all this?" Legolas asked, looking down at his plate.  "Is anything?"

"You'll understand when you're older," his father said.  "Have you decided who to ask to Prom?"  Gandalf grinned as his son mumbled something under his breath.  "It's important for you to meet people.  You have tons of charisma, you should use it once in a while.  Your mother tells me that all your friends are other boys or vampires."

"Neither of which suits our purposes," Tia added grumpily.  "There must be somebody, somewhere, in this whole town, who you can get along with."

"If there is, I haven't met her yet!  Why can't you all leave me alone!"  Legolas stormed from the table, all fury and teenage angst.

"Mood swings," Gandalf said to Tia with a twinkle in his eye.  "They all go through it, apparently."

"I'm starting to worry, Gandi.  He's always been a bit of a loner, but he needs some friends.  Besides the vampires, I mean."

"Don't lose hope," Gandalf said.  "These things tend to take care of themselves."

"Elendiel.  The brightest star.  But you are far more beautiful, Beloved," Gandalf murmured.  "I'm starting to wonder if I can do this after all."

"I"m sorry to interrupt," Tia said dryly, "but it's hard to get you two together, when you're not otherwise engaged."

Gracie giggled, but Gandalf looked sad.  "We're running out of time.  I can feel it.  And I can't leave Gracie."

"That's what I wanted to tell you.  Arrangements have been made.  I can't go into detail now, but I will explain it all as soon as I can."  Tia sighed.  "I'm still worried about Lasse, though.  How can he have made it through high school, been Prom King, and still not found even one girl he'd like to talk to for more than three minutes?"

"He'll know when he sees her," Gracie said, with mother's intuition.  "He's just waiting for the love that we all dream of...Oh!  That reminds me.  I had a strange dream, Tia.  Someone named Elrond came to me and told me the Number of the Fellowship shall be Nine.  Does that make any sense to you at all, because it doesn't to me."

"It does," Tia said, thoughtfully.  "And I have a message for you, Gandalf.  It may take you a while to figure it out, but it's all I can say.  Mandos.  Now I'll leave you lovebirds alone."  And she was gone on the wind.

"Well, here we are.  I see you chose to be alone for this."

"I had to.  It would be too painful if Gracie were here."

Tia's voice became formal.  "Have the conditions been met?"

"Yes."  Gandalf told her, his voice equally formal.  "I have fulfilled all the requirements.  I choose to take this step to further the quest."

"Congratulations."  Tia told him, tears in her voice.

Generation One: Gandalf Fellowship.
LTW: Culinary Librarian
SuperMax: Cooking
Career: Five Star Chef
Building: Darris Teeter Grocery & The Koffi Cafe
Property: Cinnamon Crest Falls
LTR: Collection Helper, Inheritance, Discount Diner
Best Friends: Albert Hart, Gracie Fellowship, Li Lo, Legolas Fellowship, Juanita Blanco, Zac Whipsnake
Ops: Very Nice, Borrowing Ingredients, Smooth Recovery, Memorable Meals, Vegitized Plumbing, Celebrity Body
Portraits: Young Adult, Adult, Elder.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 06:51:20 AM »
Congrats on immortality, Gandalf! I wonder what Mandos has to do with all this.  ;D (though I have an idea)

anything