Author Topic: The Fellowship of the Dynasty-A Shortcut to Love (and Mushrooms)  (Read 5181 times)

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - A Shortcut to Love (and Mushrooms)
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 11:25:22 PM »
Congrats on immortality, Gandalf! I wonder what Mandos has to do with all this.  ;D (though I have an idea)

Thanks, Audren.  It's nice to hear from someone in the know...

A Shortcut to Love (and Mushrooms)

Gandalf, although elated to have taken the first step, found himself crying on Gracie's shoulder.  Tia was surprised once again by the subtle strength in the woman Gandalf had chosen.  Gracie calmed her husband, whispering words too softly for even Tia to hear.  Meanwhile, in the front yard...

"Please," Tia said quietly, "let it have been enough."

"Just once,"  Legolas complained loudly, "I'd really like to age up without looking like an Iowa farm boy!  Overalls?  Really?"

"Come on, kid," Tia said, trying to stifle her laughter.  "I've got some hair all picked out for you."

Gandalf helped his son stuff the new hair up under the mortarboard, and bursting with pride, he and Gracie attended Graduation.  Always a modest boy, Legolas gave a thoughtful Valedictory address, collected his awards, and after a congratulatory hug from his parents, pulled out his guitar, taking the opportunity to earn a few more pennies for the family coffers.  But this time, something caught his eye.  Rather, someone...

Joey Bedlington.  The first girl to ever cause Legolas to put down his guitar.  So he asked her out for dinner.

"Yes!" Tia hissed with glee.

"We don't know anything about her!" Gandalf protested. 

"There's something about her, though," Gracie said, with a trace of a sly smile.  "He can't stop thinking about her."

"And she's somewhere between Maiden and Crone.  I'm happy, if he is," Tia said, pumping her fist in the air.

Another date that lasted well into the night, and then they headed to Adventure Landing.

And eloped.

"Well, you married her after two days.  I can't blame you for that.  But you do realize her parents are vampires?"

"She's not," Legolas told his father.

"She's clumsy."

"I'll put non slip stickers in the tub.  Maybe ducks with umbrellas or mushrooms."

"She's an evil kleptomaniac, Lasse!  What if she starts stealing the portraits?"

"She's also a very neat angler, Dad.  Tia?  Back me up here?"

"She's got a pulse, and she's only two days from aging up to adult.  I can tell you that as soon as she was married, she got a wish to join Law Enforcement.  That must count for something."

"I can't guarantee she'll change, Dad, but we can keep her out of too much trouble.  Besides, Mom likes her."

"Oh.  In that case, congratulations, son!"

"I know it's foolish," Gracie said, turning away from her son, "but I hoped it would become a family tradition.  I planted these when your father and I got married, and I've always re-planted from the seeds in this garden."  She looked over her shoulder at Legolas.  "I guess I'm becoming a sentimental old woman."

"Never." Legolas told her, embracing her tightly.  "You've always been the best mother in the world.  You have my word, this garden will continue."

"Let Joey make what changes she wants to it.  But keep the fruit.  I'd like to feel I'm still part of things."

"Whatcha doin', Lasse?" Tia asked.

"Skilling with Mom.  I'm gonna be as good as her someday."

"It's official!"  Joey said, her voice trembling with excitement.  "And I refuse to eat one more piece of fruit."  She winked at her mother-in-law.  "Do you think we could convince Daddy Gandalf to whip us up some Tri-Tip Steak or Fish and Chips?  I know it's his night at work, and he might be too tired, but I'm ravenous, and he's locked up the kitchen again."

The Fellowship Celebration Hoe-down continued for pretty much the entire pregnancy.  Joey was in great spirits, teaching Daddy Gandalf the Funky Chicken.  Even Peggy the Dark got in on the action.

And then it was time.  There was a little confusion getting everyone to the hospital.

"Joey!"  Legolas yelled into his phone.  "I'm on my way! Remember the breathing!  Pant, pant, whooo!"

"I'm here now, Legolas," Joey told him calmly.  "I'm going up to maternity, and then I'm getting a shot of Demoral.  You can do the breathing if you like."

Legolas made it just in time for the birth.  Using her amazing sim recuperative powers, Joey was up and ready to go home again in no time at all.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Aragorn Fellowship.

And his brother, Boromir.

..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: The Fellowship of the Dynasty-A Shortcut to Love (and Mushrooms)
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 07:19:43 AM »
Welcome, Aragorn and Boromir! At least that explains how you would handle the last member. (9 in the Fellowship versus 8 in the Dynasty.) I hadn't considered using a spare.  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 01:25:08 PM »
Alas, alas, another crash and burn, in a most epic way, when Grim came for both the equestrian and the horse!!!  Could this be moved to the Graveyard please, as I'm going to start again.  Thanks for reading, everyone!
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 01:57:32 PM »
Sorry you're unable to go on with this story, Tiamet.  Goodluck with your restart.  I'll move this to the Graveyard as you requested.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests