Author Topic: Tweaking the Neighborhood  (Read 9334 times)

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: Tweaking the Neighborhood
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 11:04:58 PM »
That graveyard is now so awesome looking!  I love what you did.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 03:51:03 AM »
That graveyard is now so awesome looking!  I love what you did.

Thank you.  I just hated the gloomy, messy one.  You'd only find a creepy graveyard like the original way out in the tules where it's basically a ghost town, no pun intended.  The cool thing is now Sims will start to come visit and just stroll around, other than the gem hunters I mean.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 05:29:10 AM »
Yes, it's a stunning cemetary now.  I also had visitors come to my private family cemetary just to sit on benches and hang out.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 07:11:34 AM »
Joria, well done.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 07:21:21 AM »
It certainly looks better. But where did you put all the tombstones for the ten generations? I see only 3 new ones in the top right hand corner. And it's a lovely set up for the founders, but where exactly are the tombstones? Did you hide them under the statues?
I myself plan to make my cemetery for my 6-generation family look nice - right now I've just dumped the tombstones in a privately owned cemetery so as to get the ghosts out of my house (and hair).

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2010, 11:45:42 AM »
It certainly looks better. But where did you put all the tombstones for the ten generations? I see only 3 new ones in the top right hand corner. And it's a lovely set up for the founders, but where exactly are the tombstones? Did you hide them under the statues?
I myself plan to make my cemetery for my 6-generation family look nice - right now I've just dumped the tombstones in a privately owned cemetery so as to get the ghosts out of my house (and hair).

It isn't finished yet, but the tombstones will be in neat little rectangular spaces framed by low fences.  The two statues basically represent the founders mom and dad.  But there are two rectangles in that center area where the tombstones will go.  The other gens will radiate out from that central point in no particular order. 

The new ones you see in the top, right hand corner were already there, I just gussied them up a bit so you could actually see them.

Thanks for all the nice words everyone.  I think I might just challenge myself one day and make a totally creeped out one.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 12:02:52 PM »
Very nice Joria.  That is something that I have never done, is fix up a community lot.  I think I will have one of my rich sims buy a community lot and upgrade it.  I have been home all of this time and all I have done is just play.  I am not much of a builder, I buy, redecorate and add to.  Some people have such wonderful imagination and build such great homes.  I do know, that junk yard is going to have to go, they put it at the end of Pinnacle point, oh no ya don't.  That street is great for family legacies and generation families. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2010, 12:13:56 PM »
In answer to the original question, nope, never once considered changing the community lots.  I'm usually too busy messing with my own. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 12:38:51 AM »
Joria,

You might want to consider uploading the finished cemetary to the Sims 3 Exchange.  I'm sure some people would love to use it.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 11:33:38 AM »
Thank you Pam.  I'd do that but not sure how to do it.  My elder died so here's how it looks at the founder's gravesite now.

A couple of sidebars here.  You see the family mourning in that screenie but a few seconds later, uninvited, the people who worked with him and his best friend arrived to mourn at his grave as well.  That broke my heart.  How on earth do we get so attached to pixels?  I mean, my RL husband was comforting me over the death of a pixel!

After everyone left I decided to cover his grave with flowers so went into Edit Town mode, the only way to do it that I know of.  When I went there his tombstone was gone!  YIKES!  Left quickly without saving and sure enough he was in family inventory.
Now I'm not sure how to finish landscaping the place without him being moved.  I had this happen one other game of Sims3 and wound up with the tombstone stuck in the house and couldn't move it because it was "in use".  This time I did manage to get it back into the graveyard but it was kind of scary to think I'd wind up with a family ghost again. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 11:38:02 AM »
I have searched and could not find it, but it is mentioned that tombstones go into family inventory when you go into edit mode.  Mine did the same thing and I forgot about that and I was really ticked, until I remebered where it was.  It is so neat to have the cemetary next to family homes, you can see the ghosts next door, but they can't come in, lol.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 09:37:37 PM »
Yes, when you go into Edit Town and do something to a lot where you've already added something else, those things go back into your Family Inventory.  It's best to get all of your decorating done and then just place the grave markers when someone dies without adding more flowers.

It is so neat to have the cemetary next to family homes, you can see the ghosts next door, but they can't come in, lol.

Ohhhhh!  After one of the recent patches, they can indeed come into your house.  They just float across the property line and right on into the house and make themselves at home.  It's irritating sometimes, but resetting the ghost pops it back to its grave.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 11:24:17 PM »
My elder died so here's how it looks at the founder's gravesite now.

I didn't realise that your sims weren't dead yet! That's why I was confused as to the missing gravestones. :)

Ohhhhh!  After one of the recent patches, they can indeed come into your house.  They just float across the property line and right on into the house and make themselves at home.

Noooo! *pulls out hair*

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 12:10:45 AM »
Just in reference to the ghosts Pam, my ghosts take cabs and get into cars and take off all over town now.  Can't even talk to them anymore, they just go away when you click on them to chat. 

Anyway, so what you are saying, they just leave the grave and come the house and make themselves at home?  How funny, here we try to build them their own site and they still come home. lol

I would love to do the whole neighborhood on a certain theme.  I know it would take along time, but I think it would be really cool to do that.  Houses and community lots and everything.  I think I was reading somewhere that someone did that.  Would love to see someone that had done that.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 12:25:25 AM »
Now, this was really strange.  Not only were my family's ghosts drifting over and hanging out in the house, but other ghosts that I didn't know were doing it.  They weren't buried in the family cemetary and I'm not sure where they came from.  They were odd names that I don't remember seeing in the Sunset Valley cemetary either.  It was quite bizarre.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything