Author Topic: Eight Avoided Graves (The Grave Dynasty): Graveyard  (Read 6068 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Eight Avoided Graves (The Grave Dynasty): Graveyard
« on: August 05, 2012, 05:31:16 PM »
NOTE: Due to Journeyman being a challenging ball of hatred, I started over. His temper combined with his celebrity status made keeping friends especially hard. Consider this to be the first chapter.

---

Journeyman Grave woke up one morning and drove away from his hometown without warning. No one noticed.

He had a direction and a destination in mind though, and by the next morning, he found himself looking over his new hometown. "Union Cove," they called themselves. It was a new town established on a little-known bay in the south of Simnation. For Journeyman, its prosperous looks and booming (if a little strange) population was promising. Yes, Union Cove. It was the perfect place for his plans to be set in motion.

They were strange plans. In spite of only having modest savings to his name, Journeyman bought the biggest tract of empty land that was offered. He abandoned his car, instead of selling it for a couple hundred.

He always prided himself on his ability to make a mean bowl of instant ramen, and it was enough to get him hired at the local restaurant; with his luxurious mane of hair and nondescript kutte vest.

And on the edge of poverty, Journeyman furnished his new property. A kitchenette, a small bathroom, and an easel completed his new home. He was confident that he would find riches in Union Cove, and his spartan conditions would be short-lived.

After devouring a bowl of delicious mac n' cheese, Journeyman decided to check out the most advertised part of Union Cove: its nightlife. The Slurred Speakeasy seemed like just the spot to start: gritty, unpretentious, and hopefully containing the most colorful and interesting citizens that Union Cove could offer.

Literally. Journeyman ran into a green girl named Ilyona. They hit it off. Early on into their conversation, he learned that Ilyona was green in many ways: she was a gardener.

He let her know that she'd be perfect to help him in his life's project, the project that drove him to Union Cove.

"How about you help me become immortal?"

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Eight Avoided Graves (The Grave Dynasty): Chapter 1 - Union Cove
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 05:33:38 PM »
Heirs n' Stuff for Second Attempt

Generation One: Journeyman Grave
Traits: Evil, Genius, Natural Cook, Charismatic, Grumpy (changed for second attempt)
LTW: Celebrated Five-Star Chef
SuperMax: Cooking
Career: Culinary
Building:
Property:
LTRs:
Best Friends: Lysithea Moon
BlackOps: Hot Dogs, Please; Corporate Dining; Insider Dining
Museum Pieces:

Generation One: Kargeras Grave
Traits: Heavy Sleeper, Artistic
LTW:
SuperMax:
Career:
Building:
Property:
LTRs:
Best Friends:
BlackOps:
Museum Pieces:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Eight Avoided Graves (The Grave Dynasty): Chapter 1 - Union Cove
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 05:40:24 PM »
Evil? Uh oh! This will get interesting!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 05:49:43 PM »
This looks great! How are you finding UC so far for a Dynasty? It's quite the beast afterall. Good luck in the Dynasty can't wait to see what happens next!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 06:04:29 PM »
This looks great! How are you finding UC so far for a Dynasty? It's quite the beast afterall. Good luck in the Dynasty can't wait to see what happens next!  :)

It's a little more laggy than most other EA towns, but still better than Bridgeport. The large amount of sims and buildings will probably help, though.

Evil? Uh oh! This will get interesting!

That it will! They say that only the good die young. ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 08:53:31 PM »
Aaaaahhh, my poor darling Ilyona Mari!  What have you gotten yourself into, daughter of Poseidon?
Well, maybe you can take this Journeyman dude down to the sea and we'll see what happens, eh?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 09:56:20 PM »
Good luck on your Dynasty, I love reading stories set in Union Cove, there's so many familiar Sims all over  :D

And evil genius founder, this could be very exciting!  If you make it past gen 1 your chances will be pretty good, *fingers crossed.*
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 04:02:12 PM »
Aaaaahhh, my poor darling Ilyona Mari!  What have you gotten yourself into, daughter of Poseidon?
Well, maybe you can take this Journeyman dude down to the sea and we'll see what happens, eh?

Even I'm feeling sorry for her.

Hmm, maybe the release of Seasons can make that possible!

Good luck on your Dynasty, I love reading stories set in Union Cove, there's so many familiar Sims all over  :D

And evil genius founder, this could be very exciting!  If you make it past gen 1 your chances will be pretty good, *fingers crossed.*

It's quite amusing to see all the familiar faces. An what can I say, I like a challenge. :)

Anyways, update time!

---

He didn't get far enough with Ilyona that night, so Journeyman was still living alone and without enough funds for a bed. He slumbered inside the world's most luxurious fire station.

And went home to make pancakes.

His first day of work went without a hitch. In spite of his normally sour ways, Journeyman found himself already becoming friends with his boss, Seab Ody. While he could go on about how excited he was to try and make friends with the rest of the cooks in Union Cove, Journeyman needed to catch more sleep and contemplate why he suddenly got a temporary buzz-cut.

But not before knocking on the door of a famed artist's enclave.

He overheard some patrons at the restaurant speak about a guy named James Douglas. Apparently he was interested in taking up sculpting; a departure from his reputation as a fisherman. Journeyman wanted his form immortalized (Heh.) into his property, and James sounded like the perfect man for it.

And they hit it off quite well.

Soon enough, James Douglas joined Journeyman on his mission to immortality. Rumor had it that James already knew the joys and perils of such an operation, and was quite content with being the mortal roommate this time around.

Journeyman made sure that James got to work.

Thankfully, Mr. Douglas had a few thousand saved up, and Journeyman could finally lay down some walls and extra sleeping bags. It even covered the cost of the copious amounts of black paint that Journeyman insisted on using.

Also, it doesn't matter if you're an evil ball of hatred; Journeyman proves that even the most corrupt can't resist ice cream.

Finally, Ilyona joined the team.

She was put to work (and given a small makeover; welcome back pink hair!).

And she and Journeyman hit it off very well too.

Soon enough, a faint lullaby was heard in the distance, and the Grave family would soon grow.

But Journeyman and Ilyona weren't the only sims in the household to find romance. James finally got the courage to find love in his former roommate, John Pangnark. Although he was bound to the Grave household and couldn't have John move in, James hoped that this romance would be a peaceful addition to his now-limited life.

(As for James and John, I have no idea if it was Story Progression or if they actually start out as romantic interests when you first load UC, but John was his romantic interest by the time I moved James in. They're just adorable together.)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Eight Avoided Graves (The Grave Dynasty): Chapter 2 - Roomies
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 04:18:59 PM »
Where does Journeyman's black and yellow patchwork vest come from? It looks really cool.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 04:30:37 PM »
Awesome beginning! Looking forward to reading a dynasty set in UC! :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 04:36:01 PM »
Where does Journeyman's black and yellow patchwork vest come from? It looks really cool.

It's a store object. It's money well-spent.

Awesome beginning! Looking forward to reading a dynasty set in UC! :)

Thanks!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »
It's a store object. It's money well-spent.

Thanks. It's always fun reading Union Cove stories. Glad to see James in particular.  :D

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 04:08:49 PM »
Apparently I got a feature on this site's official Twitter. If that's not a reason to motivate me through this, nothing will.

---

It was confirmed that the Grave dynasty would live on, and Ilyona was pleased to be a mother.

Meanwhile, James and John were still quite in love. James also got a makeover, with lots of influence from Journeyman. He still was able to be decked out in plaid-covered-goodness, and could keep the beret.

He also made a waffle inferno.

And made the “fiery redhead” cliché a little too literal. Thankfully, a shower was just a few feet away, and James got to serve the Grave family for another day.

While Journeyman was working, a familiar face and her less familiar husband enjoyed a romantic night out.

Ilyona needed to get out, and interrupted the Marsdens' night.

Pam took it very well. Ilyona decided to talk to her about the strange plans that Journeyman laid out, and Pam might have been just the right person to speak about it with. Apparently she witnessed a family like that a few years back, and told Ilyona that widespread family kindness was the key to success for an immortal dynasty.

Clearly, Journeyman wasn't listening to Pam. He accused Ilyona of cheating, which was an utter lie. It didn't phase him, and their opinions of each other took a nosedive.

But Journeyman and Seab's friendship quickly grew.

Wednesday Adams aged up, and reacted kindly to Journeyman, though he'd have to repair his relationship with Wednesday after passing out in public. Seab Ody was a local celebrity, and his fame rubbed off on Journeyman. It wasn't for the best, and he resorted to frequent naps afterwards.

And he and James were still friendly. Ilyona's friendship would not be missed.

It wasn't long before the second Grave generation was upon them.

Ilyona wondered if bringing her daughter into the world was the right choice, considering she was now on sour terms with the father. But one look into the tender face of her nooboo, and Ilyona had no regrets. She would show love to this little girl, and perhaps she would grow up to be a decent person.

Mgła Grave rested in her crib, unknowing of what path she was born into.

(Mgła is pronounced like “mig-wah,” more or less.)

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Wow, Mglh looks more green than her mother, that's rare! *Confetti* for your little nooboo, I can't wait to see what she looks like as a toddler.

Poor Ilyona, it must be difficult to be married to a grumpy evil genius, I wonder if they'll ever be on really good terms again?
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

It's probably because Journeyman is rather dark. She's aged up in my game, and looks a little strange for a toddler but I can see her growing into her features.

And I plan for Ilyona to find love elsewhere. She's too good for Journeyman. :P