Author Topic: Eight Avoided Graves (The Grave Dynasty): Graveyard  (Read 6059 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Thank you.  I agree.  She is a lovely person and deserves to be loved.  She sure produced an amazing nooboo though!  I never expected darker green babies.   Love it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Journeyman sighed at the idea of starting over.

He just turned 37 when he woke up in a strange room with a stranger being. He instantly introduced himself to Journeyman as a member of Limequat Legion, a beleaguered research group of the bigger Pomelo Industries. They didn't do anything other than drink nectar and play Scrabble, but they were passively watching Journeyman and noting his failures. He made too many enemies, and wasn't making enough friends. He was sick and tired all day. The poor guy was too angry and mean to pull himself up, and the Limequat Legion really needed their extra funding.

After therapy and binge eating (and an extra few kilos), Journeyman was young again. Literally young again, at a fresh 21. Young enough to consider giving this immortal thing another try. He definitely felt different after the therapy; more charismatic and less neurotic, more grumpy and less hot-headed. It perhaps could improve his chances of success. Yes, Journeyman was ready to return to Union Cove. He knew that he still wanted to be a cook. Seab Ody was still his boss, which was fine with Journeyman. He could always trust Seab to be a good friend.

He saved some money and read a cooking book at the library instead. Journeyman put his newfound charismatic aura to work and brushed up on his charisma as well. Hopefully he could make some friends.

Journeyman returned to his lot, alone. He had a foundation and a kitchenette built, along with a small bed. He needed to plan for a lot of space in his house, as his last attempt was too crowded. 12X13 seemed like a good start.

The best artists of Union Cove still lived in the same place, and Journeyman knew where to find them. He made a good impression on John Pangnark, but he wasn't quite what Journeyman was looking for.

Ilyona met him again, but had no memory of him. Journeyman was okay with this. She was already taken, but rather amiable and good friendship material.

His true love might be found elsewhere. Lysithea Moon met him while he was working, an Journeyman quickly became her best friend.

And in spite of her marriage to Cameron Bachelor, something more. She soon became Journeyman's first roommate.

And gardener.

Journeyman liked his second beginning in Union Cove. He got show his softer side by playing with Charlie Sheen's cat (okay, I'm 99% sure it's Charlie Sheen's. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

And his evil side by conning Mye Thyme out of 300 simoleons for a plate of hot dogs.

Lysithea and Journeyman befriended a certain Peregrine Pickle, who was said to be quite an accomplished painter. He quickly became the third roommate of the Grave household.

Peregrine also brought along a familiar fourth roommate.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Welcome, Lysithea, Peregrine, and James! I also think that's Charlie Sheen. That looks like Jeana's cat, and Charlie lives with her.

Offline Simboy134

• Scientist
  • Townie
  • Insert Witty Comment Here
Welcome everyone. I believe that's Charlie's cat. Great Chapter keep it up.
" With great power, comes great responsibility"

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
I really like the way you've transitioned into the second attempt.  Looking forward to more.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Thanks everyone!

---

Peregrine also found love.

In more than one place. Old habits die hard.

Meanwhile, James worked hard in his new sculpting career, and got a makeover that felt ever so slightly familiar.

Journeyman and Lysithea grew closer, and one best friend requirement was out of the way. She seemed easier to seduce than Ilyona, and he didn't even accuse Lysithea of cheating. Their romance grew quite well as well.

Which led to this.

And then to this. Journeyman decided not to re-use names, and this daughter was named Kargeras. His therapy sessions must have worked, and Journeyman felt that this nooboo was born into a peaceful, if strange household.

Making friends was something that Journeyman also had to do. Seab was still a friendly cook, and Journeyman was happy to grab recipes from him. His craving for cheese platters could be fulfilled (and the friendship gave him a slight boost at work).

Sometimes it was weird. Journeyman was often tired after work, and ended up crashing on Ilyona's loveseat, must to her annoyance. They weren't enemies, though; certainly a lot better than the time they were lovers.

Everything seemed to be going so well for Journeyman.

The best part; his new tablet arrived in the mail!

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Eight Avoided Graves (The Grave Dynasty): Sometimes I Fail
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 11:57:30 AM »
I'm gonna start a new thread for my third (!) attempt. I didn't fail any of the requirements; it's just that Union Cove and my computer don't really like each other (and if it's already lagging in generation one, imagine what generation eight would feel like). Plus, I caught the aging bug, which gave me even more of a reason to start again. I love Union Cove, but my processor is rather weak and I'd probably need Overwatch to clean things up in order to run UC reasonably (and that would be for stuff like cars piling up and stereos/TVs left on; stuff that the world builders have no control over). I could see myself doing an unofficial dynasty/challenge there in the future, because it's too nice of a world to ignore.

So send this to the Graveyard as I establish Journeyman in a new home. Three guesses as to where. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Eight Avoided Graves (The Grave Dynasty): Graveyard
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 08:42:58 PM »

Good luck on the next attempt! I look forward to reading along.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Eight Avoided Graves (The Grave Dynasty): Graveyard
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 02:55:37 PM »
I'm glad you're planning to try again, Trip.  Good luck with the next attempt.  I'll move this to the graveyard as you requested.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests