Author Topic: SimBot frustrations. Don't have the Heartshape cut.  (Read 10241 times)

Merrilin

SimBot frustrations. Don't have the Heartshape cut.
« on: June 07, 2010, 09:48:13 AM »
Hey all,

I have a few problems with my current Sim. I've spent a an awful amount of time trying to finish the SimBot opportunity.

Hes got all the 10 gems required for the 'Heartshape cut', (I even have an 11th gem, thats not on the list in the guide here at the site!) but I still can't perform the cut.
I do believe I have found 2 or 3 of the gems from Mining in my backyard, (I know I got four Purple Diamonds that way.) does this imply you actually have to find them in the neighborhood? If so, does anyone know the "rare-spawn" locations in Twinbrook?

I also have another problem: I have torn down a temporary house, but two floor tiles on the second floor are impossible to move. They say "Tile needed for object". Yet there are no objects on them. So now I have two flying tiles on my lot.

Also, I don't cheat. And would like to keep it that way.

Thanks for any suggestions.  :-X

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: SimBot frustrations. Don't have the Heartshape cut.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 10:19:48 AM »
Yeah, you're going to have to find them in the neighborhood. As you can tell in the journal if you haven't collected, and used the miner a lot, the gems don't count toward the total. I wish you luck finding those rare spawn points, but they won't be totally necessary. As long as you already have the pink diamond, you can just do the collecting and it should wrap up nicely. That's not an awful lot of gems to have to come up with, especially if World Adventures is an option.

Sorry I know nothing of your other dilemma

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Maritah

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 10:41:42 AM »
I also have another problem: I have torn down a temporary house, but two floor tiles on the second floor are impossible to move. They say "Tile needed for object". Yet there are no objects on them. So now I have two flying tiles on my lot.

I usually forget to remove ceiling lights when demolishing rooms/floors.  Are there any ceiling lights either above or immediately below those tiles (i.e. to light the room that was beneath them)?

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 11:06:11 AM »
If you have world adventures and can spare a trip to a foreign location, China's a good place to get some gems that you can't get at home. When I went to China, I was able to get several gems that way, and some adventures that you can take show where the gems are on the map, such as if you need to get a certain gem for someone, feel free to take a few extra gems since they're shown on the map.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 01:00:29 PM »
Then there's the cheat option: ctrl-shift-c to bring up the cheat window; type "testingcheatsenabled true" (without quotation marks); bring it up again and type "buyDebug on". Now look in the buy menu (sort by function) and click on the ? submenu. There you can find a spawner (looks like an ugly speech-bubble mat); put that out in the world.

Now, ctrl-shift-click on the spawner and choose a suitable gem. This will make any gem you choose to just 'pop' up! :D
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Merrilin

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 06:03:09 AM »
Also, I don't cheat. And would like to keep it that way.

;D

I found no lamps on the rogue tiles, but I think its covered by something invisble. I cant place any items on top of them because you "cant intersect with other items".

Offline ik

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 08:49:41 AM »
I found no lamps on the rogue tiles, but I think its covered by something invisble. I cant place any items on top of them because you "cant intersect with other items".
Is there anything left on the lot you need to keep (bushes, trees, ...)? If not, try to buldoze the lot, that should do away with any unwanted tiles and objects.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 09:05:50 PM »
Merrilin,

This needs to be two separate topics: one for the heart shaped gem and one for the tiles that won't delete. Please start a new topic for the tiles and give as much detail as you can.  Thanks!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything