Author Topic: New Gem, Metal, and Gem Cut  (Read 29291 times)

Offline dannyr783

• Llama Wrangler
Re: New Gem, Metal, and Gem Cut
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 10:18:33 PM »
Well unless both the prima guide and my experience through raising 3 level 10 sculptors are incorrect, if a sim has the suave sculptor trait then he will never have the stone sculpture shatter, thus no chance of getting the new gems and metals.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 10:19:31 PM »
I'm sure you're right! Since my sim's sculpture never shattered, I never knew it could without the trait. :)
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 02:50:15 AM »
I swear, no one reads my posts.

I've read it. And I can confirm that it does indeed work. But NOT for other gems but Fluorite. And what I was wondering about is how to get egg cut forms with other gems, not only Fluorite.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 04:34:46 AM »
I've read it. And I can confirm that it does indeed work. But NOT for other gems but Fluorite. And what I was wondering about is how to get egg cut forms with other gems, not only Fluorite.

The only thing I know for sure is that my level 10 Sculptor can get a Sculptor's Egg cut of any gem.  I'm in the process of getting one of each gem in the Egg cut right now.  Branr said the Sculptor's Egg cut becomes available at level 5.  Surely that would be for all gems. Are you having trouble with something in particular, Leto?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2010, 05:54:21 AM »
Thanks for asking Pam. But I have no troubles anymore. I've let my collector sim skilled in Sculpting till level 5 and than she can cut out every gem to egg forms. Except for the Geode and another one. But that was expected, because those also can't not be changed in a spire cut form.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 04:12:03 PM »
I am up to nine, so far on the sculptors eggs "someone please stop me", LOL.  Now I can't quit, thought I would share a pic of them.

Also, no matter what I do, I cannot get a skull anymore.  Nothing works like before Ambitions. Are there new formulas now?
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2010, 10:17:58 PM »
I am up to nine, so far on the sculptors eggs "someone please stop me", LOL.  Now I can't quit, thought I would share a pic of them.

Also, no matter what I do, I cannot get a skull anymore.  Nothing works like before Ambitions. Are there new formulas now?

Those are just gorgeous!  I'll be having that soon, too!

Are you putting one of each kind of cut of the same gem on the display?  Like for rubies: emerald, oval, pear, plumbob, marquis, crystal ball, brilliant, heart.  All rubies.  That should produce a skull cut ruby.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2010, 10:49:18 PM »
I tried that and believe it or not, I keep getting a soulpiece.  All I know, something has changed, but I am going to keep trying.  I have papers everywhere, lol.  I have gotten 4 or 5 soulpieces like that and they look different now.  Of course, they are still not very pretty, except in spire cut. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2010, 11:59:29 PM »
I'm about ready to start my current family collecting, so I'll do some testing, too.  It will take awhile because they've only just started.  That's going to mess up the Crazy Eight's Collector's Challenge if we can't get skull cuts.  Not good!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2010, 12:02:29 AM »
I was thinking the same thing and from an earlier post, I still cannot get supernovium either.  I tried the same formula that I use to  and nothing.  I get iridium and titanium, not quite sure what else to do, except keep trying and writing.

Leto85

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2010, 07:58:46 AM »
I tried that and believe it or not, I keep getting a soulpiece.  All I know, something has changed, but I am going to keep trying.  I have papers everywhere, lol.  I have gotten 4 or 5 soulpieces like that and they look different now.  Of course, they are still not very pretty, except in spire cut. 

After reading that, | am so glad I already have all the skull cuts of all the gems already. Except the Fluoride one of course.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2010, 08:36:15 AM »
I have been transfiguring skull cuts since I got Ambitions with no problem. Of course, if I don't put all of the same jewel on the display, there is a chance of not getting the skull cut in the jewel I want, but I save before hand just in case.

Hawkueta

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2010, 09:59:29 AM »
I've found a simple way of making skulls.
- Get 8 gems of one type (8 ruby gems)
- Get them cut in 5 or more cuts (If you have 1 - 4 cuts you'll get a soul piece)
- Place them on your display
- Whatever Gem type you chose will be the result of the skull. (8 Rubies will make the Ruby skull etc.)
- Also, all skull cuts are always LARGE.
It's an easy way, you can mix but you do need 5+ cuts in order to get the skull cut.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2010, 10:12:51 AM »
Maybe that is what I am doing wrong, before, I did not have to have that many of one kind.  I would just put 2 or 3 of one kind and rest random.  I will try again, thanks.

Hawkueta

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2010, 10:53:59 AM »
Well, if you don't care about what the gem outcome will be, just be sure to have 5 different cuts. But some people love a certain gem or such and maybe want a soulpeace skull cut, so having 8 soulpeace gem cuts will give the 100% gem type you want. The best way to find gems for me was the space rock breaking from the boards, which works for the "collect" option and after ten gems you can get the heart cut. For some reason the Drill never did this, but the rock usually got me 3 - 7 gems before fatigue, and with the moodlet manager you can take it off and start right away again. The gem crafting does get quite addicting though, lol.

anything