Author Topic: Ancestral Immortals  (Read 5211 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Ancestral Immortals
« on: July 25, 2012, 10:55:02 AM »
ANCESTRAL IMMORTALS

PROLOGUE

Great-grandmother visited me in a dream last night. “I have a vision of the future,” she said. “A nightmare vision filled with vampires and zombies, technological marvels and environmental disasters. I see no hope and nothing I can do, but then I look at you, Seneca, and I see a possibility.”

I struggle to say something, but because I am dreaming, I cannot speak.

“You and your descendants can help return this unhappy world to the ways of the ancestors,” she said. “Not all at once, but over time. I shall give you a formula to extend your lives far beyond those of ordinary mortals, but before you can use it, you will have to accomplish several tasks. And the formula can only be used by you and the first-born of each generation. Do you understand?”

Again, I could not speak, I could only nod.

“Once there are eight of you, I will give you another formula that will make you young again. You and your descendants will then be free to move to other towns and teach the ways of the ancestors to those inhabitants.

“When you awake, you will find a list of the tasks you must accomplish as well as the life-extending formula. There is also a list of taboos – things you and your descendants must not do if you wish to achieve the ability to become young again.

“I would like you to move to Appaloosa Plains. There you will find another of my descendants, a man who has skills you will find useful. He has a family already, named after the ancestors, and they will become your family.

“Travel well, young Seneca, and know that I will be with you, watching and guiding.”

I woke up abruptly. Usually I have trouble remembering dreams, and they don’t make much sense when I do remember them. This one was crystal-clear, however. I had to find the list, move to Appaloosa Plains, and then accomplish the tasks.

Looking at the list, my first thought was that “several” was an understatement. I would have to reach the top of a career and become a master of a particular skill. Someone would have to paint my portrait, and subsequent portraits of each of my heirs. I would have to make 6 friends and go on 6 quests. I would have to achieve my lifetime wish. I would have to assemble the ingredients of the formula and have it made.

But before I did any of that, I would have to pack. I’d need everyday clothes, a formal, nightwear, athletic wear, and a swimsuit.

As anyone can guess, my favorite color is lilac. My favorite kind of music is country, and my favorite food is pancakes.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Ancestral Immortals
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 10:57:16 AM »
Reserved for Immortal stats

SENECA GORDON

Traits:  brave, charismatic, eco-friendly, equestrian, loves the outdoors
Career: horsewoman
Skill: riding
Lifetime Wish: The Jockey
Best Friends:  Bramble Fox, Beasley Fox, Barrington Gordon, Cheyenne Fox
Black Ops: Allow Me to Introduce Myself, A Charming Experiment, Professional Horse Training Seminar, Just Business, A Public Speaking Event, Charismatic Cash
Lifetime Rewards:  Raised by Wolves
Portraits: YA -- portrait, photo;
Building:
Property:

CHEROKEE GORDON

Traits: friendly, loves the outdoors,
Career:
Skill:
Lifetime Wish:
Black Ops:
Best Friends:
Lifetime Rewards:
Portraits:  Toddler -- portrait, photo;
Building:
Property:

loveSims

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 11:06:19 AM »
When I saw you started a immortal dynasty, I know I have to read it and it will be awesome!
I was right.  Can't wait for more! ;D

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 11:07:52 AM »
Can't wait to see where this goes. I wonder who the descendant in Appaloosa Plains is?  ;D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 11:10:56 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm probably crazy, starting one when I still have more to do on the decadynasty, but I started thinking about the Fox family, and how Shawnee was perfect for an Immortal Dynasty -- lvl 10 cooking, plus green thumb and angler among his traits.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 12:28:00 PM »
SENECA – CHAPTER ONE

It didn’t take me long to find my relatives; they showed up in the library shortly after I did. I met my cousin Shawnee – he’s my 3rd cousin once removed or something like that. Besides being a bookworm, he’s interested in cooking, gardening, and fishing, and he loves being outdoors. I told him about our great-grandmother’s vision, and he said it sounded good to him but I’d have to get approval from his wife, Cheyenne.

She and I became friends almost immediately. Their little boy Dakota is a darling, and Cheyenne has another baby on the way. They also have a dog, Shep, a horse, Bramble, and Bramble’s foal, Willow. I wish we could have lived in their house, but one of the things on the list was that I had to buy a certain lot and build a house there. Right now, we only have a bathroom, a refrigerator, and a place for Dakota to sleep.

While we had dinner, Cheyenne told me a little more about herself. She’s ambitious and a perfectionist, and her lifetime wish is to become the Leader of the Free World, but she’s willing to change all that if it will help with my great-grandmother’s vision. I warned her that I wouldn’t be able to extend her life, but that it was quite likely her grandchild would become an Immortal. We both got a little teary-eyed at that point. Cheyenne suggested I marry Barrington Diamond, whose hobby is painting. He has a girlfriend already, and he’s not easy to get along with, so I don’t know whether I’ll do that. Cheyenne is going to take up painting in the meantime.

Shawnee is a good daddy, and an excellent cook. As soon as we had some more money, we got him a stove and some countertops so he could provide us with something better than cereal.

I went to the library and read up on riding. The next step was to get up on Bramble. She and I entered a race right after that. We only came in fourth, but I’m sure the prize money will start rolling in once we’ve had more practice.

I just realized that I don’t have pictures of Willow, who is one of the cutest foals I’ve ever seen, or Shep. I have to get a picture of Shep, because he’s our current money-maker, finding rare metals for us to sell. His discoveries of compendium and supernovium mean that we’ll soon be able to sleep indoors.

Here’s the newest member of the family – little Kiowa, who is brave and good.[/size

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 10:54:07 AM »
SENECA – CHAPTER TWO

As promised, here’s a picture of Willow and Shep. I think it's adorable that Willow's feet are so big.

We also have a cat who hangs around constantly even though she belongs to someone else. This is Babycakes Loveland. She doesn't eat or sleep in Shep's bed; she just wants to play and sleep on my bed.

Bramble decided to “help” with the gardening by taste-testing the tomato plant. After that, Shawnee put up a fence. We don’t mind losing tomatoes, but when the life fruit starts growing, that could be a disaster. Shawnee’s been hunting for seeds; so far he hasn’t found anything special.

I’m really touched by all that Shawnee and Cheyenne have been doing for me, especially when they have little ones to take care of. Shawnee managed to teach Dakota how to talk, besides gardening, fishing, and making our meals.

Cheyenne quit her job so she can paint and spend time with the family. Now that Kiowa’s a toddler, there’s double the work.

Kiowa might take over cooking from her father. You can almost hear her thinking “needs cinnamon.”

But the most touching thing that Shawnee did for me was to hand over the dusty old lamp he got as a reward for learning all the recipes.  He said I would know best how to use it.

While adding to our fortune will be my second wish, the first was for love. With Barrington, who is mean-spirited and not compatible astrologically.

On the other hand, he’s an excellent painter. Maybe Great-Grandmother’s prayer for a dynasty will be answered after all.

loveSims

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 11:49:36 AM »
A genie can be very helpful ;) Great update!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 08:52:53 AM »
SENECA –CHAPTER THREE

Willow is not a little foal anymore. Soon after she grew up, I tried racing her, but she didn’t take to it. We came in 6th. Even though I got some money, $50 a race is just not enough. Reluctantly, I decided to sell her. She’s so pretty I’m sure she’ll be adopted soon. And I have to get used to selling horses – that’s how I’ll make most of my money for promotions.

On a happier note, Dakota is now a child.

He’s interested in art and might take up sculpting. He also likes pretending he’s the captain of a submarine.

I’ve not been able to ride much lately. The last time I tried, I started suffering from motion sickness. I’ve heard of being seasick, but never horsesick.

It really worried me, until all of a sudden I noticed a bulge. Whew! For a while I was afraid I would have to give up riding.

I’m 99% sure it’s a baby.  I’ve been practicing for motherhood by spending time with Kiowa. I helped her learn how to walk.

I also taught her how to say “promotion.”

Cheyenne’s been encouraging her to think about photography.

And sometimes Kiowa just has fun.

I’ve not been able to ride since becoming pregnant, but I’ve been working on my black ops. I’ve done five already, so only have one more to go. Barrington finished my first portrait. It’s very dark, but that doesn’t matter. Shawnee found three special seeds, and we’re hoping that one of them is a life fruit. Oh, and the genie came through with the wish for fortune.  We might build a new house and use the old one as the museum.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 11:14:39 AM »
Just read through all this, it's great! Good luck as well, cool to see you starting an immortal dynasty! :D

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 04:51:25 PM »
I like this! I'll be reading.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 08:11:27 AM »
SENECA -- CHAPTER FOUR

“The time has come,” said Great-Grandmother, “for you to build a house appropriate for a dynasty. Here’s the blueprint.”

It was another dream that wasn’t a dream. I looked at the sketches she showed me. I’d expected something in the way of tepees or wickiups, but this was straight out of the Victorian era. “What about tents?” I suggested.

Great-Grandmother snorted. “You can live in a tent when you become an Immortal. Until then, I want my descendants raised in something respectable. But I will let you pick the colors.”

Thanks to the genie, I had plenty of cash. Although the house isn’t exactly the same as what Great-Grandmother showed me, it comes close enough. And there’s still room on the lot for tents.

Here’s a picture of the kitchen.

Here’s my bedroom.

Shawnee and Cheyenne have a room in their favorite colors, orange and turquoise.

Dakota’s favorite color is aqua, so that’s how we decorated his room.

Kiowa’s favorite color is spice brown, but none of us adults want a brown nursery, so we’re keeping it pink and lilac for the moment. There’s an extra bedroom that she can move into when she becomes a child.

I decided to buy another horse before I had the baby. I realized that if I had twins, I wouldn’t have much room for horse-trading. There’s no way we would ever send Shep to the shelter – his finds kept the repo-man away when we were first starting out. I felt bad seeing Willow at the Equestrian Center, but I’m sure someone will buy her even if she is lazy, untrained, and clueless. The horse I chose was Beasley. He’s a bit of a pig, but he’s also agile, fast, and a genius.

The labor pains started almost as soon as I put Beasley in his stall. I bent over to pick up Kiowa, and that’s when they began. I’d hoped that Great-Grandmother would provide me with some ancestral lore or herbal remedy to reduce the pain, but she was silent on the subject.

Barrington hoped for a little girl, and he got his wish. Allow me to introduce Cherokee. She’s friendly and loves the outdoors, and her favorite color is black. Definitely, we’re not changing the nursery.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 09:49:53 PM »
SENECA – CHAPTER FIVE

I just can’t get over how cute Cherokee is. She loves her baby swing – except when someone makes it go too fast, or forgets to turn it on altogether.

Now that I’m not pregnant anymore, I can ride again. Bramble is getting old, so I’ve started racing Beasley. We won a beginner’s race easily, and I have hopes for the future.

That’s assuming Beasley doesn’t injure himself playing with his ball.

We’ve had a few birthdays lately. Kiowa was the first.

She looks cute in spice brown.

Shep was the next, adding some gray fur to his regular black and white.

Then Dakota became a teenager overnight. He’s a good student, even if it seems like he’s always late with his homework. He plans to join the art club because he’s artistic and a savvy sculptor as well as loving the outdoors and being easily impressed.

This is his everyday outfit.

Cheyenne was so envious of the children’s new clothing that she decided to get a new outfit for herself in her favorite color, orange.

Shawnee tells me that at least one of his “special” plants is a life fruit and another is a deathflower.  I’m not sure how we’ll store them; perhaps he’ll just keep planting the life fruits until Cherokee is old enough to travel and pick up a treasure chest. Perhaps the deathflower can be left on the ground.

I’ll become an adult in a few days. While I’m pretty sure that I’ll have the ingredients for ambrosia when the time comes; I’m a little anxious about finishing up my requirements. So far I only have three horse best friends and much to do with regard to racing.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 11:25:23 AM »
SENECA – CHAPTER SIX   

We’ve had one more birthday recently. Cherokee is now a toddler.

We decided that long hair would set off her eyes better. She must have inherited them from Barrington – no one in my family has ever had eyes that pretty.

Dressing a toddler whose favorite color is black is … challenging. Here’s Cherokee in her formal outfit.

Here she is learning how to walk.

Barrington wants to try one last portrait of me before I become an adult. Cheyenne finally located a camera – a nice one, too, a Hikon Gladiator – and she’s learning as much as she can about photography before she uses it. Dakota just started sculpting, so there won’t be a statue of me, but that’s okay.

anything