Author Topic: Infra Green Studios: Patterns Division  (Read 4867 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Infra Green Studios: Patterns Division
« on: July 21, 2012, 11:40:00 PM »
With my main laptop needing treatment at the moment, and an expected couple of weeks before it returns, I am currently deprived of TS3. My backup laptop could run it, but it's pretty borderline. However, I downloaded Create-a-Pattern, and it works without TS3 installed! Miracles, I say! This does come with the drawback of being unable to test any of this in-game, but maybe some of you can inform me about any issues.

Without further ado, I open up my little shop of patterns. Full of heavily-altered NASA images, fractals, and more NASA images. Thankfully, NASA's images are copyright-free, so I feel good about using them.

List of Stuff:

21 July: Subterranean Airports, Julia's Nebula, Eye of Odin
22 July: Nymphetamine and All my Imagined Shores

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Infra Green Studios: Patterns Division
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 11:51:03 PM »
21 July

Subterranean Airports

Now the airport is underground, or on your new couch.

Abstract, three layers. Hopefully they're all recolorable. Hand-drawn in The GIMP.

Julia's Nebula

Whoever Julia was, she really made one spacey-looking fractal. Now with the Crab Nebula in the back, the power of the universe is in your hands.

Abstract, four layers. Credit to NASA where credit is due (also to The GIMP for their fractal explorer tool; the light-orange foreground is a heavily-edited "Julia" fractal): http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/nebula/pr2005037b/web/

Eye of Odin

May the power of the gods be on your decor!

Abstract, four layers. Credit to NASA: http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/nebula/pr2004032d/

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 02:57:34 PM »
InfraGreen, I'm sorry about your Sim-less state and hope it will be soon rectified.  But I have to add, I'm delighted that you are spending your time creating wonderful patterns to share with us!  I particularly like "Subterranean Airports."  I hope to see more patterns from you!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 07:57:17 PM »
Thanks! It's actually pretty fun to do this, so I'll probably continue once my main laptop gets into working order again. It's so fun, I made two more:

Nymphetamine

It's dripping stuff with a title lifted from Cradle of Filth.

Abstract, two layers. It looks awesome on that rug, in my opinion.

All my Imagined Shores

While a good deal more cheery than the diSEMBOWELMENT song it takes its name from, this pattern will look good around the pool or in the laundromat.

Abstract, four layers. Half of the speckle-things don't recolor completely due to being partly-transparent. This is entirely deliberate on my part.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 03:21:05 AM »
Lovely patterns! I especially like "Subterranean Airports" and "Nymphetamine". Keep up the good work!  :)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 02:46:21 PM »
These are great! Like others have said I really like Subterranean Airports but I also like All my Imagined Shores.  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 01:45:44 PM »
I just came across your patterns and had to download Subterranean Airports and All my Imagined Shores
Thank you so much for sharing these with us.  I hope to see more of your creations in the near future.
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 12:30:28 AM »
I like the subterranean airports. If all three panels are recolourable, and they work properly, I just might download it. It looks very good on the floor rug.

Offline Tamuh

• German Girl
  • Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 04:27:19 PM »
"Subterranean Airports" and "Nymphetamine" are really great! Thanks a lot for sharing, you did a very well work! :) Are all three layers of "Subterranean Airports" recolorable?