Author Topic: Help with Architectural Designer  (Read 43544 times)

lucidsounds13

Re: Help with Architectural Designer
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2010, 02:30:43 AM »
CanterFanatic

I had basically the same problem but I was able to turn it in the day after. I was interested and looked into it, and found out that it was a glitch that most Interior Decorator Lovers are coming across and having major problems. The best advice they give is to just all out avoid getting done around 6, finishing the job or even let the job spill into the next day. The patch I heard that was supposed to fix it caused more problems and the chance for something less avoidable to occur is a lot higher. I hope this helped lol no one answered and you probably figured it out on your on :D

ALSO! A Question for Anyone
I love the whole interior decorator, but I just can't seem to get a great review for the life of me! I've been adding homemade things but it doesn't seem to make much difference (as well as adding the traits and measurements). People keep saying that they keep getting great reviews and I just feel  ??? If anyone can MAYBE post a picture of what a great review room looks like or just.. describe something beyond the basic advice of giving a lot of space and considering traits that would be amazing!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2010, 03:06:56 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, lucidsounds!

I haven't successfully played this profession, but wouldn't it make a difference in your scores when you gain higher levels?  What level is your Sim currently?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2010, 10:08:42 AM »
You would think that would be true Pam, mine reached level 10 and has not gotten anything but good reviews.  I too have put in little extras and paitings and sculptures.  They are always happy with it, but that is it.  I guess the thing is to keep going, but I would like a great review sometime.  I have spent alot of time in a couple of these houses, making sure everything is just right, but nothing, oh well, will keep trying. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

lucidsounds13

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2010, 06:23:38 PM »
Ha, thanks! I'm glad there is a forum that is really nice with actual grammatical replies that happen pretty darn quick! Pam, my Sim is at level 8. I was hoping it would be like that, but like Saltypaws says, I am just going to have to keep going with it  ;) It is after all a pretty fun job with or without the great review. Lol It just stinks because my Sim's lifetime goal is getting so many great reviews. I'm going to take the suggestion about getting the reward Professional Booster and see if that makes much difference, but I suppose I'm pretty content with the game  ::). Hopefully it isn't some glitch! Thanks!  :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2010, 01:44:21 AM »
There are other Lifetime Rewards that might help, too.  Entrepreneurial Mindset, for example.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

kashelle03

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2010, 09:06:02 PM »
I've been trying to complete the Architectural Designer LTW, just once, and I'm almost there, but I still only have 93% of the portfolio complete.  I've been using the spawn jobs cheat and I think I've gotten at least a good review for everything listed.  Has anyone actually tried to complete the portfolio before?  I only have to do 6 more jobs and I kinda thought the portfolio would have been completed a long time ago.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2010, 09:22:38 PM »
I've been trying to complete the Architectural Designer LTW, just once, and I'm almost there, but I still only have 93% of the portfolio complete.  I've been using the spawn jobs cheat and I think I've gotten at least a good review for everything listed.  Has anyone actually tried to complete the portfolio before?  I only have to do 6 more jobs and I kinda thought the portfolio would have been completed a long time ago.

My sim completed the Architectural Designer LTW and she also had a 93% portfolio.  She worked thru as an elder until I finally had her retire after completing over 100 remodeling jobs.  She had many good reviews and $5000 bonuses.  ;D  I just took the jobs as they came up and never did use the cheats.

I think I missed taking pictures of a few jobs in the very beginning of her career.  :(  I clicked on the option to take the picture later and I am now thinking I should have either taken the picture right there and then or at least made a follow-up visit to that home to take a picture of my work a few days later. 
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

kashelle03

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2010, 10:34:53 PM »
I never took any pictures later and I'm pretty sure I actually took a picture each time I was prompted.  A couple times I hit the button so fast I couldn't be sure the picture got taken, but I think the percentage message showed up afterwards, so I should have been okay.  It took me forever and some cheating to get the Sculpting Studio in Riverview, but I got all the rest of the list multiple time and still only got 93%, so I'm thinking that may be the maximum for some reason.

dollkey

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2010, 06:56:40 AM »
Hello! I'm new to this site and I have a sim who's an architect and I'm really enjoying it. However, I can't take nice pictures of my renovation. Is there a tutorial about taking pictures with the camera phone?

BTW, Carl, thanks for the guide it really helped me in making sure I chose the right traits for my sim to enjoy this job :)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2010, 09:52:07 PM »
I was playing this today and found something by accident, I picked up one of my sculptures from the family inventory to put it in a clients home, realized it was a $2,000 one and I like using cheap ones, so I put it back and it added that amount to my budget. So I did it again and now I have $4,000 more in my budget. Might be a glitch, not sure!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2010, 04:24:02 AM »
Hello! I'm new to this site and I have a sim who's an architect and I'm really enjoying it. However, I can't take nice pictures of my renovation. Is there a tutorial about taking pictures with the camera phone?

BTW, Carl, thanks for the guide it really helped me in making sure I chose the right traits for my sim to enjoy this job :)

Welcome to our Forum, dollkey!

I don't think you can take good pictures with the cell phone camera.  If you have World Adventures, you can buy a camera at the vacation locations or at the Consignment Store.  The better the camera, of course, the better your pictures will be.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

dollkey

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2010, 11:10:41 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, Pam! I tried out the camera but man it's expensive to take pictures with it LOL So I'll just stick to the crappy pics the camera phone takes.

Sotelo_mayra

Architect portfolio
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2011, 07:39:15 PM »
I just want to know how to get 100% complete portfolio!!! Im only missing one job " new baby room" but my portfolio is currently 90% complete. Ive been keeping track of all my jobs so unless new baby room counts for mymissing 10% i dont see how im gonna get a complete portfolio. Also i cant seem to spawn my last job. How do i get a new baby room job? So far no one has been able to help me with this so please help!!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
Re: Architect portfolio
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2011, 03:30:53 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Sotelo.

We already have a topic related to this, so I'm going to merge yours with it.  There may already be some good information for you there.

Also, please be careful with capitalizing your "I's" and using apostrophes in contractions.  This is per the Forum Rules.  There's a link to them located in my signature below.  Thanks very much.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Sportsfan

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2011, 12:07:07 PM »
I personally really like this profession, it's a lot more fun than the rabbit hole careers. I made it to level 10 really quickly beacause I worked on maxing the painting skill, and I got the observant reward which helps a lot because all you have to do is show a sim your portfolio and then you know most of their traits. You can make a lot of money from this with the lifetime reward (I forget what it's called). I dont take measurements or get to know the client, I can still get a good or great review with out it and do 4-5 jobs a day. I'm new so I was wondering, what do the stars under different people's username mean?