Author Topic: Sim Stuck at Home?  (Read 6867 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Sim Stuck at Home?
« on: June 05, 2010, 10:48:13 AM »
I have a bit of a problem, you see I've been playing for a while after the Crazy 8 Collector Challenge, and I enjoyed my sim I started it with, so I've worked his way up and built him a beautiful house etc. Yet the problem lies in the fact that my Sim can't leave his house! Neither can any of the NCP's. For example when I click for him to move from his yard to the street, he'll stomp his foot like he can't get out because there is a locked door there. The NCP's have the same problem, yet they all just vanish into thin air after not being able to move the first time. In order to get him to move, I have to make him take baby steps out to the sidewalk, then click for him to move to the place I want him to, which means other lots as well. Is this a glitch with a way to be solved? Or do I have to restart a new game and give up the bad files in that one. . .
I hope this wasn't already posted about before, if it was, could someone direct me to that topic, I would really like to keep this game.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
Re: Sim Stuck at Home?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 10:55:02 AM »
If you want to complete the challenge, I suggest to use a cheat to get out of the house. testingcheatsenabled true. Then shift click next to the door and teleport the sim there.

I am sure it is no problem if you use the cheat only to get out of your sim's house.
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 10:56:04 AM »
Oh no, I'm finished with the challenge, however I enjoyed playing my Sim and wished to continue playing him. :/ He was just about to get married too!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 11:50:22 AM »
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 12:45:22 PM »
Possibly moveObjects on?
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 01:04:01 PM »
I'll try those things and get back to you, however it's not the Sim that needs help, it's the whole lot, once a Sim enters (any sim) they just can't leave. The mailman comes, he does his little foot-stamping after giving the mail to my Sim then he completely just vanishes into thin air. Like he had never been there before. I think the newspaper kid does the same thing, I'm not quite sure why though! :/ I have a feeling I'm going to need to just give up my saved file on this one and start a new family.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 01:26:47 PM »
Sounds like you must have a bugged object on your lot, which is no surprise considering all the stuff you had to collect!  Moving to a new lot would probably solve the problem but I understand that kind of defeats the purpose. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 01:48:04 PM »
I think I might try that actually, I don't have much else of a choice...
I loved the house I just built though, but at least I know what's causing it, I wonder if I were to move him out after selling most of the objects I got and see what happened then? I'll find out and when I do I'll post some kind of updates, however I'm trying to ignore the Sims now until I get my Ambitions EP because I'm dying to try it out. :)
Anyways, thank you all for your suggestions. I'll try moving out and seeing what that does.

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 06:59:54 PM »
Look out for furniture that might be blocking the door.

Especially tables with chairs which I have noticed need more space than you would actually think.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 01:19:57 PM »
That's a great idea Puppetmaster, however, my Sim even does the foot stomping thing when he's outside, only a few feet away from the road as well.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 10:28:44 PM »
Hotel California? You can come in, but you can never, ever leave bwahaha Sorry, just seemed like the right thing to say!  ;D The only thing I can think of is maybe move to another lot/town?