Author Topic: A Dymnd Family Remodeling  (Read 17690 times)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
Re: A Dymnd Family Remodeling
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 09:04:33 PM »
The Day of the Lizard (cont.)...

Caesar had a great first day at school. He met really cool people and didn't one time feel nervous about the paparazzi. No one was interested in his past life in Appaloosa Plains. Some never even heard of the place. They were just in awe of his brilliance in Chemistry. He decided could handle not being a celebrity. Though Malissa probably would miss the free furniture.

As he ran for the bus he decided not to get too excited about his first day. It could have just been beginners luck. Especially since he didn't have the plumbobs to say hello to the prettiest girl in school when she walked up to him in the Chem Lab.

When he walked into the yard he was stopped by the most beautiful sight in his life. Who is that? What is she doing here? Was she the babysitter? That would be so awesome if it was, he thought. I can see her everyday after school and get to know her on weekends.

Erika walked out to him. "Hey there you," she said sweetly.

Caesar barely noticed her. "OH! You're the sitter. Yeah. Hi.. Er, Emily right?" He glanced passed her. "I thought my mom left your money on the counter this morning."

Erika glared at him but said cooly, "Uh no. Erika. You ran outa here so fast this morning I didn't get your name."

She was so beautiful. Like a ray of sunshine walking around the dark realm of his heart. Was this a gift from Cupid? He hasn't felt like this since... since... since what's her name?

He floated past Erika completely oblivious. "Oh ok. See ya," he blurted out hastily. He didn't even notice the dirty look being shot at him by Emily - Er Erika as she walked out the yard.

"Jerk," she grumbled to herself. "He is lucky he is so cute. I'm gonna go home and read something smart"

Caesar was not sure what he was going to do. Now that he knew she wasn't' the sitter he actually was going to have to have something to keep her interested. Unlike babysitters because they have to be there.

Oh she was so lovely. So graceful. Caesar was in a cloud of pure romantic mushiness. Her hair a flawless cut, he thought. That would be a plus for mom. Perfectly falling over her mezmerizingly... green... eyes... wait!

He fell quickly down to earth from his love cloud. That's Poppi! "What is she doing here," he said aloud to himself. And in this house! Did she know it was his house? Did she stumble upon it and wanted to see who was pitiful enough to live here?

Caesar wasn't going to let her think him pitiful. He walked up to Poppi with a nervous smile.

"H, hi Poppi. How are you?" He tried to soften the mood, "Uh, seems you beat me home. What's up?

Oh there he is, Poppi thought. He's so handsome and sweet. Just like a puppy dog. She wondered if he would notice her now that they weren't in school.

"Oh, hey Caesar." Poppi was a little nervous herself. "I didn't know you knew me."

Caesar flushed. "Know you? I didn't think you knew me. You're here to see me?!"

Poppi smiled, "Of course I am silly. I got your address from school. The teacher suggested I come talk to you about helping me in Chemistry. I tried to talk to you in in class but I figured you didn't notice me." She looked down disappointedly at her shoes.

Oh wow, Caesar thought. She wanted to see me? This is truely a dream. "Here. Let's sit down, Poppi. It would be my honor to help you with your paper.

Poppi glared at him dreamily, "Oh, Caesar! Thank you so much. How soon should we start?"

Caesar gulped. Her eyes were so mezmerizing. "Um. Why don't you wait here I need to get my books."

He looked down at his baby sister. "Hey sweetie, I'll be right back. You two be nice" He gave Jazmyn a deep look. And then winked at her. Then left to get his books.

Jazmyn hugged Boinky. "Well at least it's not the baby sitter" She thought.

Boinky smiled, "And it looks like she goes to school. So she has a brain at least."

Caesar came back and nearly dropped his books when he saw his mother chatting with his Poppi Sead. Oh now she's going to run away screaming.

"Hey mom," Casar said, "I see you've, uh, met Poppi. She got the address from the teacher. She needs some tutoring in Chemistry. We have a paper due in a week."

Malissa was in mid conversation when Caesar walked in. "Yes, yes. Miss Sead here has alread explained herself. I'm happy to hear that you have already made friends."

Poppi responded bubbly, "Oh my goodness please call me Poppi." She giggled.

Malissa raised an eyebrow. "You know Caesar was complaining about how I stole him from his true love in Appaloosa. He was all 'BooHoo' about it."

Caesar was moritfied. "Mother!"

"Oh, sweetheart," Malissa said mischievously, "Just like I told him. You will move on as soon as you find something else to focus on. And you have a beautiful haircut so I think you are definately a good catch."

Caesar what just standing in shock. Why hasn't Poppi run for her life by now?

"Now why don't you go get your sister while I start dinner. I know you're famished," Malissa turned to Poppi and said. "You are going to stay for dinner, dear?"

"Why yes I'd love to. Thanks," Said Poppi cheerfully.

Caesar went and picked up his sister.

"I thought you were on my side, you lil devil." He said playfully. "You know how mom is."

He tickled her. Jazmyn knew he was just softening her up. Caesar smiled. "Ok sweety, let's meet Poppi. She's in my class."

As he walked to her he wispered to her, "BE NICE"

Jazmyn held on to her brother. She hadn't held him all day. She missed him terribly. She wished she could tell him how horrid that Emily chick was. Maybe she'll have to find her blocks.

Jazmyn eyed the new girl carefully. She didn't seem stupid at all. And her shirt was bright and pretty. She wasn't a big fan of her dark hair but she definately would consider a cut like that when she got older.

Caesar walked up to Poppi. "Jazzy, this is Poppi. Isn't that a pretty name?" He purposely didn't look at Poppi as he said that. He couldn't believe he said that out loud.

Poppi blushed. "Well hello there Jazzy, aren't you the cutest, and more prettiest thing I ever seen?"

Jazmyn gave her a prize winning smile and the irrisistable giggles into Caesar's shoulder.

Poppi smiled, "So did I pass the test?"

Caesar laughed comfortably, "Yes, Miss Sead. With flying colors."

They laughed as they headed for the table for dinner. Caesar put Jazmyn on the floor and kissed her. "Thanks partner," He wispered to her.

After dinner, Poppi, jumped up with Malissa to get the dishes.

"Oh please let me do it, Ms. Trent." Poppi said sweetly. "I troubled you for the meal the least I can do is clean up the dishes."

Malissa wasn't fast enough. "Oh no, dear, you're our guest. I won't have it."

Poppi turned away. The plates were just out of Malissa's reach, "Nonscense. I am headed to the bathroom anyway and I see there's not dishwasher yet."

Malissa cringed in defeat.

"Oh I could so use that dungeon right now, Mister," Malissa growled ferociously.

Caesar didn't look up. He spoke timidly, "Mom, what are you talking about? Am I not suppsed to make friends at school? Am I not supposed to have friends that you can be at liberty to embarass me in front of?"

He looked up at her. "I would have thought from your little tale of my past love, that you were having an excellent time at my expense." His smile seaping round the corners of his mouth.

His mother about to explode. He used all his power to keepin his laughter. The plan to make his mother miserable was going so well that he almost felt bad...

Malissa was seething. "OH DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!"

Caesar interjected calmly, "Now mother you know your blood pressure. And you don't want to alarm our guest."

Malissa snarled at him. "I told you I don't want company in this house when it is in such a HORRID shape. We don't even have a DISHWASHER!! You know how this could MAKE US LOOK? You are so SELFISH!"

Caesar smile brightened. "MOM! I didn't invite her. She just showed up. The school sent her remember? Look. She's not intersted in this shack or your reputation. She in only interested in me. Can't you just be happy for me?"

Malissa picked up Jazmyn. She was happy for him. She kissed him on the forehead. "Leave it to you to find love before me. I guess that's the end of that goodie goodie what's her face."

Caesar said, "I know her name mom!" And paused to try and think.

Malissa smiled and said, "Don't hurt yourself dear. New begining, remember?"

Casar made a face in defeat.

"Say goodnight to Miss Poppi Sead, clean up and get ready for bed. I'm glad you had a good first day. Really.

Caesar smiled. "I love you, too, mom. Goodnight.'

Caesar listened as Poppi came out the bathroom. Radiant sunshine, he thought

Poppi came up to him. "Your mom gone? Where's Jazmyn?

Caesar smiled as his angel asked about his beloved sister. He said sadly, "Yes they both went to bed. You don't have to pretend anymore. I know my mother can be overdramatic and psychotic."

Poppi smiled slyly. "Hey are you trying to get out of tutoring me? I don't think so. I'll see you to tomorrow."

Poppi left Caesar with a silly smile on his face.

He was just about to start cleaning up when he saw something over by the TV...

"Hey you! What are you doing out of your cage?" Caesar grabbed him quickly. "My earlier intet for you wat to irritate The Diva but..."
He looked over to his mom's room to make sure she was sound asleep. Didn't need her ocming out right now.

"But you'll never guess how my day was today. And I think it all started with you. I had a great day at school. I think I met the girl of my dreams, and the best part is that my sister AND my mother likes her. This was an amazing first day!"

He walked to his room to the iguanna tank.

"I don't want to ruin it by irritating the Parental Unit."

He put the iguanna back in the tank and said, "I think I'm going to call you Karma."

And as our Monday comes to a close...

Caesar released the memory of Appaloosa Plains. "New beginnings, Karma. New beginnings."

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 09:15:54 PM »
That is a scary babysitter lol. I enjoy your story! ;D

Yes scary and apparently in all other ways unqualified. I haven't figured out how to fire her yet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 05:44:56 PM »
Malissa woke up early this morning. She had a day off. And she had work to do. She sneaked out her bedroom quietly and headed for the yard.

"Oh my, so much to do." She said into the air. "Well I said I'd start with the garden so that's where I'll start. Don't want to disappoint the cactus."

On the way home from work yesterday she found some seeds on the grass. She knew that four of them were apple. "Oh it will be lovely to have four apple trees. One at each corner of the yard."

As she was planting the last apple tree, Malissa was excited with her progress. And also very tired.

"This was a good start." She said to herself.

She went back inside. "Oh my goodness! I almost forgot to call the movers. We must get this kitchen spruced up immediately."

Relieved that Jazmyn was still sleeping, she cleaned up quickly, called the movers to deliver later that evening, and hopped back in the bed for a catnap.

Caesar woke up in a wonderful mood. He was looking forward to getting to school to see his Poppi Sead.

He got up out of the bed and skipped - in a manly way, to the shower. Then he get dressed. He walked through the back to check out his pond. "I wonder if there were any fish in there." On the way to the front gate to the school bus he stopped in front of the garden and looked around.

"Argh, what the heck. Nobody will notice."

He pulled a tomato seed out of his pocket he got from school.

As he was planting he realized that it wouldn't hurt help out in the renovations. Besides, it's only a seed. It didn't mean that he was ready to get his hands dirty.

He patted the dirt with satisfaction and stood up. He dusted his hands and pants and continued towards the bus.

"Well that wasn't so bad. And she can't say I didn't help."

Later that day, Malissa woke up to a crying Jazmyn.

"Did we sleep all day?" Malissa sat up and looked out the window. "Hope I didn't miss the movers. Hey, Jazz of Mine, looks like we slept all day. Why are you so fussy? You act like you haven't eaten in days."

She picked up her little darling and headed for the kitchen. "So what do you think of Poppi, honey?" She said as she went to the fridge. "She definitely is a step up from the babysitter."

"I suppose we should behave ourselves, huh sweety. I mean we will have a dishwasher at least." She snuggled Jazmyn. "Now, you eat and I'll go do some gardening before it gets too dark."

Out in the garden she felt at peace. She couldn't wait to go for another stroll with Jazmyn to find some more seeds. She had quite a few wierd ones in her bag but she didn't know how to plant them. She reminded herself to stop by the bookstore, which then reminded her she needed a bookshelf. She glanced to the other side of the dirt patch and saw the clump of dirt looking just like the ones she's making.

"Hmm," She smiled slyly, "What do we have here?"

Inside, Jazmyn was singing her lullaby to Boinky. She felt much better now that she'd eaten.

"Oh miss Jazmyn" thought Boinky, "That is very lovely. Food seems to put you in a much better mood."

Jazmyn chuckled, "You are so silly," she thought. "Of course I'm in a good mood. I think that Erika is going to be much nicer to me since she like my big brother."

"I mean look at him," she smiled. "He is so very sweet. Doesn't even know what's going on."

Boinky stared. "I'm just glad he's taken his mind off that Poppi girl and is doing his homework. Doesn't make sense to have a smart girlfriend if he can't hold an intelligent discussion."

Caesar sat at the table working on his homework. He'd seen his mother in the garden and hoped that she wouldn't notice the lil addition he added to the garden and not mention it. However, he didn't think he luck will be that good after the Karma situation.

Malissa grabbed a burger and sat at the table. Caesar tried to stay focused on his homework.

"Hey mom," Caesar said to his homework. "Getting started on the garden? Glad you didn't sleep the entire day. We wouldn't want you to waste your Wednesday off."

Malissa giggled, "I did sleep all day. But not before I called the movers. WE'RE GETTING A DISHWASHER!"

Caesar smiled, "Anything to make sure Poppi doesn't do the dishes, huh?"

Malissa ignored the last comment, "So, did you feed your turtle?"

Caesar stiffened, "Of course I did. But I need to clean out the his tank."

"And... what about that lizard?" She said casually, "I think that tank may need some cleaning as well."

Caesar coughed, "Um, yea... I fed Karma. I'll make sure I clean her tank too."

Malissa raised an eyebrow. "Karma? I like that name."

"So... does that mean I can keep it?" Caesar said hopeful.

"Of course you can, but I'm not ok with you keeping things from me."

Caesar sighed in relief and breathed, "Ok, mom. I won't."

"Good." Malissa took another bite. "So... I see you did a little planting this morning?"

Caesar looked down at his paper. "Aahhh mom c'mon. Fine, fine, yes I planted a tomato. I got it from school the other day. It's not a big deal."

Malissa put up her hand, "I know, I know okay." She smiled at her son. Even though he didn't want to admit, she was glad he was getting comfortable here.

Caesar knew she was staring at him with that 'Oh my baby' look but he didn't look up from his homework. "So what's next? On the home improvements?"

Malissa was about to answer but was interrupted by the doorbell. "Yay, the dishwasher's here. I also got a few other things."

Caesar rolled his eyes as Malissa bounced to the door. She opened the door widely for them to come in. "Hello guys straight to the kitchen, if you please."

Caesar finished up he homework and grabbed a burger.

Meanwhile, the movers (me) got busy on the kitchen.  ;D

Dishwasher

Stove

Fridge

Well it seems the unannounced visit from Poppi really sent Malissa on a mission to get things done. Stay tuned as she tries to figure out what she's going to do about these hideous walls and floors.  ;)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 10:15:36 PM »
Seems once Malissa gets started on something she just can't stop. Sometimes all it takes is a little push from the potential girlfriend of the first born son. She got up early on Friday before work.

"Now that have a dishwasher..." she said to the cactus as she walked into the kitchen.

"I need to get the rest of this place together." She called her interior decorators that she used for the old house in Appaloosa Plains.  "Now when can I expect you guys to come in here and give me an estimate?... What do you mean you don't go as far as Union Cove? Do you know who I AM?!"

Totally irritated, Malissa called the local interior/ exterior decorator (me :D) and discussed some small particulars that she wanted for the kitchen. "And make sure you bring all the color swatches... I want to focus on the kitchen right now and we'll see after that."

Malissa made an appointment for Saturday. "I hope they know what they are doing." She said to the cactus, "Darn. No time for the garden. I'm running late!"

About an hour so later Caesar was in the kitchen. Malissa came out hurridly, then stopped suddenly.

"Morning mom," Caesar said brightly, "I'm making breakfast. Should I pull down a plate for you?

Malissa stared at him. A little shocked that he was making breakfast of more than just some cereal. "Um, I wish I could but I gotta run. I called some new decorators this morning. They will be here this evening or tomorrow morning. And I'm getting the movers back to put our furniture in the bedrooms.

As Malissa was running out, she gave a quick hello the mailman came in, who was surprised to actually see someone coming out of the shack of a house.

"Man," he said to himself, "I didn't believe someone actually lived here, I guess I lost that bet."

Caesar hurried up and ate as he heard the bus outside. He quickly spun into his school closthes and ran out to the schoolbus. He nearly knocked Erika down on the way out.

"Bye Ceasar!" She called out sweetly to nobody but the air. The mailman chuckled as he walked down the street.

Erika frowned. "Geez he is such a jerk. He didn't even glace at me." She took a deep breadth. This was not going to deter her from her plans of romance.

She turned and said to herself, "C'mon Erika. He's not the first Mama's Boy Wrapped Around His Little Sister's Finger playing hard to get that you've dealth with."

Jazmyn watched in the window and smiled. Then laid back down as she saw Erika turn to come in the house.

"I'm just going to go to the source." Erika said brightly, "As long as I make the little sister like me, Caesar will be puddy in my hands."

And so she happily went to get Jazmyn, excited about her mission. Jazmyn was waiting with open arms.

"Hey, Love," Erika greeted. "I'm sorry I was in such a rotten mood the other day. And I know I have not been the most exciting person this week. But that's all about to change."

Jazmyn snuggled up to Erika. She was not the kind of toddler who was so dimwitted she couldn't use blocks to communicate. She knew that Erika was just trying to get on her good side so she could get closer to her brother.

"Wait till I tell Boinky about this," Jazmyn thought sly. "We are going to have so much fun with this one."

After school, Caesar thought he'd take another stroll about the town. He heard in his Science class that there lots of different rocks and gems lying about. And he thought it wouldn't hurt to check it out. He knew his mother wouldn't be as impartial to rocks and gems as she was of the bug collection he had in Appaloosa. And didn't they say that diamonds were a girl's best friend?

So he waved bye to his school mates on the bus and heaeded for the park. He wasn't walking anywhere in particular. He was just thinking and walking. Walking and thinking about his new life here and the new beginnings he was making. As well as some other new beginnings he could make.

He stepped on something that took him away from his daydreaming. He looked down and found a seed. Similar to the one he saw on the counter before Malissa planted them. "OH so this is where she was getting them from." He sighed, "Might as well grab them while I'm here.

He glanced around and saw that he daydreamed himself in to the jackpot. "Well would you look at this place." Caesar started strolling about till he came across a blue gem.

"Mom's favorite color," he said. "Aren't you a beauty."

Soon it was getting dark and he was getting smelly. He headed home picking up more seeds and a few more strange gems he saw lying around.

He found a strange beetle. "I can't resist. I must get one."

Walking further he stopped again. "This must be one of those meteor rocks everyone's talking about."

When he got home he saw some woman in the yard. He knew Malissa must be sleeping if she didn't notice her snooping about. Caesar was relieved he got to her first.

"Hello," he greeted hesitantly. "Can I help you?"

She turned quickly trying to hide being startled. "Um. Hi there. I heard from the guys at the post office that there were some strange new people who were crazy enough to move into this place. I'd like to get the scoop on what possessed this family to move into this uh - unique part of town."

Caesar changed his posture real quick. One thing he knew from living in Appaloosa with The Diva is how to sniff out the paparazzi. He put on his best an brightest smile. "Oh is that what they are saying? We really happy we have chosen such a lovely town as Union Cove to call home. My mother, sister and I hope to make great relationships and fond memories here."

All the rumors she planned to spill about the crazy family living in the Faded Shack all melted away with his enchanting bright smile. She replied sweetly, "Well it's nice to meet you. I'm Sha Sha Robinson. And you are?"

Caesar causally walked around her to the door, smile never faltering. "Sha Sha, what a very unique name. Wonderful to meet you. Perhaps we will come across each in town sometime." He made sure not to disclose his name as he put his arm out in front of her towards the gate. "Please have a good evening."

He closed the door behind him and headed to his room glancing out his window to make sure she was gone. "I still got it," he said to Karma and his turtle Shelly. His mother would be so proud.

As he got into bed he tried to make a mental note to discuss with his mother and the cactus about a better gate around the property.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 03:38:17 PM »
Saturday... Time for the Decorators

Malissa got up early excited and anxious for the kitchen remodel. She ran into the bathroom prepped for a shower, but was greeted by a leaky spout.

"Argh," Malissa groaned. "I swear my work is never done." There was no way she was going to allow a repairman in the house like this, and she didn't want to wake Caesar. "Well, I could use some more handy skills anyway" So she got to work.

Afterwards, she got hungry and headed to the kitchen for breakfast. "Might as well cook before they come."

Pancakes done, she remembered that the movers are also coming today. "Caesar better get up or they will move that hideous bed with him on it."

After breakfast, Malissa headed out for long long overdue gardening.

Soon it was time for the movers and decorators. "I hope they know what they're doing," she said as she went into the house. She headed for the bathroom so she can get that shower she originally intended this morning.

Later...

After her long refreshing shower, Malissa headed to her room stunned at what used her bedroom. "Oh my!"

Before

After

Malissa was so excited she ran straight to her dresser. "This is wonderful. Oh, I missed you so much," She said hugging it. "This calls for a wardrobe change." She couldn't resist a small wardrobe makeover for herself.

"It's time for a little change in honor of my kitchen," she said to herself. "Hmm. Nice skirt. Yes, sexxy, contemporary - not loving the shirt..."

"... Ok that's much better."

"Oh man, look at the time. Let's see how my kitchen turned out."

Before

After

"Wow," She gasped. "What a difference. This carpet was a nice touch. Guess they couldn't salvage that icky wood." (How did she guess ;))

She went to go hug her son for doing such a wonderful job with her room. When she stepped in she was once again taken aback with awe.

Before

After

"Hey mom! What do you think?!" Caesar said without even glancing from his game.

"This is lovely. I especially like these shelves." She took in the new furniture and shrieked hysterically.

Caesar jumped, instantly knowing what she was looking at. "Mom. MOM! Calm down, calm down. It's only one and it's on a shelf in a container. I will be much better this time. I promise."

Malissa took a deep breadth and walked out the room saying a little surprised, "I kind of like that wallpaper though. You should consider keeping it."

Caesar sighed. Fully aware that she was blocking this horrendous event out of her mind, he responded, "I don't know mom. It's kind of growing on me a little though."

"My room looks awesome dear. Thanks for doing that. Why don't you head to the shower and do a wardrobe change. I think I'll call the Addams over."

"YYEESSS! Wardrobe change!"

As Malissa was getting ready for lunch Caesar greeted the Addams and escorted them to the living room.

Gomez said brightly, "HEEYY there, Sport. This is my son Pugsly." (Applause Applause  :D)

"Hi there." Said Caesar. "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Addams. How do you like the new digs. Not too drastic right?"

Pugsly walked towards the newly renovated kitchen. "Mom, I don't think she's as bad as the mailman said. She has a cool looking kitchen. OH and with a Cactus!" He bent over onto the table and said to the Cactus.  "Hi there."

Morticia smiled, "Now Pugsly, dear, I told you not to listen to those icky rumors." She followed him to the kitchen. "Malissa, darling, you did a wonderful job. This carpet is to die for - literally. How much blood did you have to spill to get it this red?!"

Malissa turned from the fridge and laughed, "Aahh Morticia, dear, you have NO idea."

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 10:54:50 PM »
You know what? I should have taken note of how much the lot has increased in price.  ::) Why didn't I think of that in the beginning?  I'll have to remember that for the next one. Maybe I'll start keeping track from now on...

Perhaps I'll check one of my other UC neighborhoods. The original prices wouldn't change right? If the lot hasn't been touched?

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 03:39:43 PM »
Hey everyone. I know I've dropped off a bit. I hope that the 703 views are not me looking at my own story. I just don't want Pam to think me weird talking to myself. Anyway I'm going to try my hardest to get an update here this weekend. I've had to stop simming and be a Worker Bee for the past couple weeks.  ;D

But I came on today to share that I checked on a new Union Cove lot and the Lot Value for the untouched Faded Glory house is

Furnished  15,603
Unfurnished 10,951

And so back to my neighborhood and checking the Lot Value after all the upgrades

Furnished  24,363
Unfurnished  13,946

Obviously I'm buying too much furniture and not enough house remodeling.  :-[

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 10:06:40 AM »
Hello all. Long time since the last dropped the skinny on the Remodeling. But a lot has happened since we last looked in on our small drama of a family. Romance, a love lost, a love gained, and then the tragic crash to rock bottom. Sounds just like a soap opera huh? ;D

Well I promise you it was not intentional. Stuff just got out of hand. But it will take more than one post to share it all with you so let's begin with main reason for this story.

The living room...

Malissa was disgusted by the walls and how they are making the new carpet look gross.

"OH heavens this TV." Malissa sighed in disgust, "Now we don't have to go high end but can we have colors that don't look like squiggly lines?"

Caesar chuckled as he walked out the door. "Have fun mom. Please handle the sofa from ancient times while you're at it. I'm bringing Poppi over later."

Malissa wrinkled her nose at the horrid loveseat. "OH yes I agree."

The lovely carpet was just not working with such um, vintage surroundings. So after much painting and repainting and yelling from The Diva, the decorators finally made some adjustments that everyone could be happy with.

Walls

Sofa and TV

Even added some new doors

Malissa was very pleased when they (me  :D) finally got done, but not pleased that the day was pretty much over. Not too long afterwards, Caesar came home and was astounded by the new living room.

"Wow, mom," he said, "You have been very busy today. I thought I walked into the wrong house."

Malissa looked at him. "Ha ha smarty pants. You know as soon as you walked through that gate to this horrid yard you knew where you were." She stretched. "You're home later than I expected. But I see no guest behind you. I'm going to bed. I want all the details in the morning about your afternoon-turned-evening with Miss Poppi."

He said goodnight as he, too, headed for his room. His study date with Poppi was so wonderful. He had never hung out with someone so intelligent. Conversations were perfect. More than just insight on toddler drama. He did loose track of time.

As he walked home he knew that Miss Poppi Seed was the one. He stuck out his chest proudly as he strolled. "I will ask her to prom tomorrow," he decided courageously.

He thought dreamily about his decision as he got ready for bed. "Karmi guess what?" He said as he headed over to the aquarium. He felt like someone had ripped his heart out of his chest... Karmi was gone!

"Oh no! How could this have happened?!"

He checked under his bed. His door was closed all day. No luck. But then he turned and saw that his window was cracked. He sunk on his bed. He was so complete when he found Karmi. His life here was going great since he found his good luck charm.

"I will miss you Karmi," Caesar said sadly out the window. "I will not forget our time together."

He took in a deep breath and got up to see to his beloved turtle his mother got him when he was a child. Caesar looked into the tank and new something was up.

"Turty Turtle...?" And then there was Turty the Turtle no more laying still as the stone it was laying on. The family pet has gone to a better place.

"NNNOOOOO!!!!!!!"

He couldn't believe how quickly such a beautiful day had just plummeted to tragedy in just under an hour. What does this mean? Will his luck take a sudden tragic turn?

He silently wiped his tears and went to bed heavy hearted.  :'(

Offline Shadow

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 10:40:13 PM »
Wow! Awesome idea and I love how the house is shaping up - it's become a lot more pretty :)

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 01:59:02 PM »
Awww, poor Caesar :(

Great idea for a story though, really enjoying this!

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 08:47:40 PM »
Thanks guys for keeping up with the story. I'm glad to know I'm not typing to myself. I don't want you all to know that I'm crazy.  :o

But I do have bad news...

My computer crashed in the middle of my game!  :'(

It's my fault. It has been up but minimized for too long. I shouldn't have had it running for so long without saving and shutting down. I'm going back in tonight to see where I left off. Wish me luck!!

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 07:33:29 AM »
Ahhh nooo, I hate when that happens :( Hope you didn't lose too much...

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 01:27:12 PM »
Hi everyone. I'm back. Looks like I didn't lose anything that I already posted which is great news. The bummer is that I lost the part I was posting next. So I'm sorting my photos and trying to get back to that point. Hopefully it won't change too much. I'll have an update posted hopefully today. Thanks for hanging in there with my guys.  ;D

Joanne

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2012, 08:36:59 AM »
I'm glad you didn't loose much. I really like your writing and looking forward to an update.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2012, 06:34:24 PM »
Thanks everyone for your patience and kind words. It has been a busy weekend. I did my best to get everything back to where I left off before I installed DS and ST yesterday. Thank goodness I had some screenshots to help with the changes I made on the house.

As I'm sure every Sims player knows, free will is a random thing and my Simmies didn't do everything the same as the firs time but I hope you enjoy it.  :D